Do you like Fog of War?

#11GoldenPower89Posted 4/23/2013 5:55:21 PM
RDS1 posted...
Yes, but not for battles where the goal is to kill/rout all enemies.

I ****ing hated random battles in Sacred Stones where the battle wouldn't end until I groped around in the fog for a while just to trigger that last Revenant who won't move unless I'm in range...

I forgot about this... I guess it would be nice to have it back, but only if the enemies started moving after a few turns.
---
"I used to be an adventurer like you, but I took an arrow to the knee." - Whiterun Guard
#12laundrysucksPosted 4/23/2013 6:04:13 PM
I hate fog of war. There is no strategy to these maps other than play the map once or twice to learn the tricks and traps and then play it again for real. Torch staff is nice to use though when those maps pop up
---
Not changing until Big Show AND Rey Mysterio are both permanently gone from WWE. 10/28/2011
#13vanguard29Posted 4/23/2013 6:04:55 PM
SwordMasterEX posted...
F*** fog of war.

---
http://tinyurl.com/temvolume1 - My book of poetry
The Eloquent Misanthropy, Volume 1 (availible on Amazon) It's good stuff. You should read it.
#14123pizza2Posted 4/23/2013 6:06:04 PM
It just adds a certain something to a map when it has a fog of war; I wouldn't mind a chapter or two, especially if it had a defense mission tacked on.
---
I am on the quest for teh mighty Cheese Puff! Join me! Number of people who wish to quest with me:42 We have a Castle! We are at the pinnacle of our strength!
#15VirusLordPosted 4/23/2013 6:10:46 PM
I'd like to have FoW back, it was an interesting and challenging mechanic. As long as it isn't used stupidly unfairly, anyway. Going up against flying units in FoW maps with little cover is something of a nightmare.
---
Ruler of the Unknown Universe
"Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality." - Emil, ToS:DotNW
#16majora123Posted 4/23/2013 6:21:21 PM
vanguard29 posted...
SwordMasterEX posted...
F*** fog of war.

Seriously, FoW is the dumbest things in the series. It makes no scene. Imagine playing chess, but you couldn't see your opponents pieces. I'm so glad that they got rid of it.
---
FC's in profile 3DS: 4511-0558-2564 Wii U: Mike623 Message if u add me. I welcome all requests!
#17SpikayaPosted 4/23/2013 6:23:03 PM
majora123 posted...
vanguard29 posted...
SwordMasterEX posted...
F*** fog of war.

Seriously, FoW is the dumbest things in the series. It makes no scene. Imagine playing chess, but you couldn't see your opponents pieces. I'm so glad that they got rid of it.

Comparing FE to chess.

...wat
---
FEA Board - Official Husbando of RNG Goddess Anna :3
There was a point to this story, but it has temporarily escaped the chronicler's mind.
#18katellaPosted 4/23/2013 6:27:19 PM
Yes. It adds a variety which maintains interest rather than awakening's dull, lame maps.

There is tactic involved, its usually keeping tanks/stronger units in a circle formation with healers/thief/etc inside of it all while using terrain to your advantage. The suspense of where enemies are keeps things exciting! Hopefully, if they add this back, they will place enemies in random locations each time these maps are played.
---
If ignorance is bliss, you must be orgasmic~
If I exist, female gamer's exist, deal with it.
#19Teh_MaimedPosted 4/23/2013 6:37:01 PM
Yes, it adds more strategy in a strategy game that has barely any.

Although I always think to myself that if it's the fog of war, how do the enemies know where you are and attack you exactly on their phase? Like Ursula casting Bolting to your characters..
---
:-)
#20chtma653Posted 4/23/2013 6:44:51 PM
Fog is more cheap than difficult. I'm glad it's gone and I hope it stays gone.

majora123 posted...
Imagine playing chess, but you couldn't see your opponents pieces.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kriegspiel_%28chess%29
---
I, do, no,t, hav,e, a, c,o,m,m,a, p,ro,,,b,,l,em,,,,,
You may not include spoiler tags in your signature :(