Is Medeus Grima?(Spoilers)

#1Neosephiroth666Posted 4/24/2013 4:35:08 AM
So I've been wondering this for a while now. In Awakening it says King Marth used the Fire Emblem to seal away Grima. And in FE12(3) Marth uses the "Shield of Seals" to help him defeat Medeus in his dark dragon form. So does that make Medeus Grima? I mean Medeus says with his death quote as long as darkness exists in the hearts of man he cannot be slain.
---
Darkness and light. Chaos and order. I will be the sword that severs the balance. Behold, the glimmering new world.
#2Shadow_Master_JPosted 4/24/2013 4:49:29 AM
Neosephiroth666 posted...
So I've been wondering this for a while now. In Awakening it says King Marth used the Fire Emblem to seal away Grima. And in FE12(3) Marth uses the "Shield of Seals" to help him defeat Medeus in his dark dragon form. So does that make Medeus Grima? I mean Medeus says with his death quote as long as darkness exists in the hearts of man he cannot be slain.

No, but tjey are from the same race, though.

They say the first exalt sealed Grima, if Marth were the one who sealed it, the would say the Hero-King sealed him.

Grima is pretty much bigger than Medeus (although it is implied he's not as strong as Medeus)... And Medeus never breeded/made a pact with a human (he always dispised them), so Validar's family can't have Medeus' blood.
---
If you're reading this, CONGRATULATIONS!! You're wasting your time!!
#3Neosephiroth666(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 5:46:10 AM
So shadow dragons are like a special subspecies of manaketes then? Or are they like the pure blooded dragons from the Ellibe games? In either case if their a species then IS should make one playable. That would be seriously awesome.
---
Darkness and light. Chaos and order. I will be the sword that severs the balance. Behold, the glimmering new world.
#4OsrangerPosted 4/24/2013 5:50:50 AM
Neosephiroth666 posted...
So shadow dragons are like a special subspecies of manaketes then? Or are they like the pure blooded dragons from the Ellibe games? In either case if their a species then IS should make one playable. That would be seriously awesome.

No, it is a title that Medeus dragon. He was a particularly evil earth dragon.
---
Those are brave men out there. Let's go kill them!
-Tyrion Lannister, Clash of Kings
#5DemiseEndPosted 4/24/2013 5:54:03 AM
Shadow/Dark Dragon is the title for Medeus, despite the fact that hes about as good as you can get for a Dragon on his side.

Note that in FE3 and FE12, Medeus become a Demon Dragon(he is actually an Earth Dragon)
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#6Neosephiroth666(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 6:13:35 AM
So would that make Grima an earth dragon too?
---
#7Strawberry_EggsPosted 4/24/2013 6:16:02 AM
I don't know where it comes from, but it's either been stated or it's just strongly speculated that Grima is or is connected to the Earth Dragon Tribe of Manaketes. Considering his determination to wipe out humanity, I can see where it comes from.
---
My 25 Most Favorite Games - http://www.unikgamer.com/members/strawberryeggs-786.html
Official Nah of the Fire Emblem: Awakening board.
#8DemiseEndPosted 4/24/2013 6:19:49 AM
Apparently

Going back to FE lore, the strongest Dragon are Divine and Earth coming close behind
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#9Shadow_Master_JPosted 4/24/2013 6:22:07 AM
DemiseEnd posted...
Shadow/Dark Dragon is the title for Medeus, despite the fact that hes about as good as you can get for a Dragon on his side.

Note that in FE3 and FE12, Medeus become a Demon Dragon(he is actually an Earth Dragon)

Aren't Demon Dragons the same as Mage Dragons? I read somewhere (and I think it was on this boards) that Dark Dragons are Earth Dragons who became corrupted by their hate and evilness. Such as Loptyr, Medeus and Grima.

And is Idoun (Idenn, or whatever) considered a Mage Dragon or a Dark Dragon? As she was a Divine Dragon before someone break her.
---
If you're reading this, CONGRATULATIONS!! You're wasting your time!!
#10Strawberry_EggsPosted 4/24/2013 6:39:12 AM(edited)
Going by the Japanese names, Idenn/Idoun is a ma ryu, ma which can mean "magic" or "demon", among other things. The Mage Dragon enemies fought in Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (and I assume Mystery of the Emblem)are also called ma ryu. Medeus is referred to as the Shadow Dragon, and he becomes a "daaku doragon" (Dark Dragon) in Mystery of the Emblem.

So yeah, Mage Dragons and Dark Dragons are not the same thing.

Considering Grima's appearance, he may very well be some sort of super Dark Dragon.
---
My 25 Most Favorite Games - http://www.unikgamer.com/members/strawberryeggs-786.html
Official Nah of the Fire Emblem: Awakening board.