unless you are going for a gen 3 morgan, these are THE best marriages.

#141Tatakai-No-Kami(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 1:54:35 PM
SazukeEX posted...
Not many kids have Berserker.

Morgan (M)
Yarne
Laurent
Owain
Berserker

Another note is the kids that have Swordmaster tend to have Berserker too. Ex - Owain and Inigo.

Inigo has Berserker, Swordmaster, and Hero.

you're missing what i'm trying to say though, lol. every child has at least one or the other of those 3, and then nah and yarne get taguel and manakete which are also great classes. manakete in particular is probably the best class in the whole game.

i think cynthia is the only child who doesnt get one, but even then she still gets falcon knight and dark flier.
---
imanalt.
#142WebbOMGPosted 4/24/2013 2:13:23 PM
TC, I haven't seen you reply to my suggestion of swapping Vaike and Virion.

Do you take issue with this proposal?
---
The preceding were my own opinions and while I will stand and defend them, I always do my best to give both sides of any discussion a fair chance.
#143Tatakai-No-Kami(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 2:24:19 PM
WebbOMG posted...
TC, I haven't seen you reply to my suggestion of swapping Vaike and Virion.

Do you take issue with this proposal?

its a good suggestion i think, because this way you are actually making use of the skills vaike passes on to his child, but what i liked about the way i had it before was the superior modifiers that vaike gives inigo and virion gives owain.

its definitely some food for thought, but i feel as though stat modifiers are not being given their due credit when they are still very important.
---
imanalt.
#144Tatakai-No-Kami(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 2:37:56 PM(edited)
what im really trying to consider though is vaike!kjelle. i think this is pretty damn good now, but then that opens up donnel as an additional armsthrift passer, and he's definitely not replacing vaike!inigo, so i would need to change a lot more than just that. donnel doesnt really seem to be a good father for anybody except yarne, and then that means you need to use berserker or hero yarne. this also opens up stahl for someone else, so it really jacks up the whole list honestly.
---
imanalt.
#145WebbOMGPosted 4/24/2013 2:50:12 PM(edited)
If not fathering Kjelle, Donnel is put to good use fathering Noire or Nah.
Considering that you've already chosen superior pairings for those two, I urge you to stick with Donnel!Kjelle.

Vaike!Kjelle, while also optimal, requires you to shift around several pairings you seem settled on.
---
The preceding were my own opinions and while I will stand and defend them, I always do my best to give both sides of any discussion a fair chance.
#146Tatakai-No-Kami(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 3:18:38 PM
WebbOMG posted...
Considering that you've already chosen superior pairings for those two, I urge you to stick with Donnel!Kjelle.

Vaike!Kjelle, while also optimal, requires you to shift around several pairings you seem settled on.

yeah, thats what i didnt like. and donnel is honestly just mediocre for everyone. the only reason he can work for kjelle is because he gives her both galeforce and armsthrift.

for anyone else, his modifiers are just bad and most of his better choices dont even care for armsthrift.
---
imanalt.
#147BahamutKaiserPosted 4/24/2013 3:21:30 PM
Interesting subject... I think the defensive skills of sumia>lucina are more valuable with the function of RK and Aether, and since neither Olivia or Sumia offer armsthrift, use of falchion and limit breaker are best with those other 4 skills, Galeforce is good for offense, but rocking defense allows you to throw yourself on a mass of opponents and let them wreck themself.

I think the real deciding factor is Chrom>Inigo, aether on Cynthia isn't that reliable without RK, but RK on Inigo works wonders for use with Lethality and aegis.

There's yet one more additional factor though that's rarely recognized. Most first gen characters are completely obsolete by second gen, the only exceptions are Chrom because he's mandatory deploy, and units with exclusive skills and classes, like MU and Aversa... This also includes Olivia, your only dancer... So who you support Chrom to the most, your mandatory Deploy, and his best support wife who may be deployed, Olivia, make a relevant accompaniments... While sumia has absolutely no deployment value after second gen and the S support is forfeit for Chrom.

When factoring which are the best pairings, it's important to acknowledge all the advantages, not just the value of one offspring.
---
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, if they get angry, they'll be a mile away... and barefoot.
#148SazukeEXPosted 4/24/2013 3:26:07 PM
Tatakai-No-Kami posted...
WebbOMG posted...

yeah, thats what i didnt like. and donnel is honestly just mediocre for everyone. the only reason he can work for kjelle is because he gives her both galeforce and armsthrift.

for anyone else, his modifiers are just bad and most of his better choices dont even care for armsthrift.

Noire says hello.

Her mods with Donnel aren't really all that bad.

Kjelle being more physical makes more use out of Vaike than Noire is all.
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.
#149EndgamePosted 4/24/2013 3:30:08 PM
sumia!lucina

this is where I stopped reading
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#150Tatakai-No-Kami(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 3:32:37 PM
BahamutKaiser posted...
Interesting subject... I think the defensive skills of sumia>lucina are more valuable with the function of RK and Aether, and since neither Olivia or Sumia offer armsthrift, use of falchion and limit breaker are best with those other 4 skills, Galeforce is good for offense, but rocking defense allows you to throw yourself on a mass of opponents and let them wreck themself.

I think the real deciding factor is Chrom>Inigo, aether on Cynthia isn't that reliable without RK, but RK on Inigo works wonders for use with Lethality and aegis.

There's yet one more additional factor though that's rarely recognized. Most first gen characters are completely obsolete by second gen, the only exceptions are Chrom because he's mandatory deploy, and units with exclusive skills and classes, like MU and Aversa... This also includes Olivia, your only dancer... So who you support Chrom to the most, your mandatory Deploy, and his best support wife who may be deployed, Olivia, make a relevant accompaniments... While sumia has absolutely no deployment value after second gen and the S support is forfeit for Chrom.

When factoring which are the best pairings, it's important to acknowledge all the advantages, not just the value of one offspring.

honestly, once im capable of using children units, no gen 1 character other than MAYBE the MU is ever seeing use again. if i deploy chrom, he's just going to sit there or pair up with somebody. dancers are awful in this game, because galeforce is just better and instead of using olivia, you could just use another galeforce character in her space.

the RK vs aether thing was covered already, dont wanna do that again. there are arguments for both sides, but long story short i think aether is better because it does something on its own, whereas RK only supports another skill, which is almost like a waste of a skill slot. RK only seems worth it to me with aether in addition to it. aether is just good regardless of RK.
---
imanalt.