unless you are going for a gen 3 morgan, these are THE best marriages.

#171Tatakai-No-Kami(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 4:00:32 PM
if you want to go down that route, sniper was the best class in FE7, and shinon was the best beorc in FE10.

the issue in this game is that they nerfed snipers speed for honestly no reason at all. its still a great class, as yewfelle is one of the better legendary weapons and longbow is obvious. also, assassins got buffed and can use bows, which i can understand why that might put off the use of snipers in awakening.

calling them the worst class is just complete baloney though. not in this game, not in any other FE game.
---
imanalt.
#172BlueDryBones1Posted 4/24/2013 4:00:52 PM
Col_Mobius posted...
Tatakai-No-Kami posted...
sniper has never been or never will be a bad class though. there has always been a good way to use them.

"Worst" and "bad" are different concepts. You can make any class work in this game (except maybe Taguel), but that doesn't make them better than other classes which work more easily.

There's no particular reason to use Snipers over anything else (except Taguel), which makes them one of the worst classes.

Snipers are pretty good to me. They can never be Countered on Lunatic+ which gives them value.

My Virion!Inigo is a Sniper and one of my best Galeforce units

Galeforce
Lifetaker
Astra
Pass/Armsthrift/Counter
Limit Break

They also can use the Long Bow or the Double Bow which is a free Str+5 and 2-3 range. That 3 range gives you enough room to run away with that Galeforce and not worry about being caught.
---
Dry Bones+Magikruiser FTW in MKW ^-^
#173laundrysucksPosted 4/24/2013 4:02:56 PM
BlueDryBones1 posted...
Col_Mobius posted...
sniper has never been or never will be a bad class though. there has always been a good way to use them.

"Worst" and "bad" are different concepts. You can make any class work in this game (except maybe Taguel), but that doesn't make them better than other classes which work more easily.

There's no particular reason to use Snipers over anything else (except Taguel), which makes them one of the worst classes.

Snipers are pretty good to me. They can never be Countered on Lunatic+ which gives them value.

My Virion!Inigo is a Sniper and one of my best Galeforce units

Galeforce
Lifetaker
Astra
Pass/Armsthrift/Counter
Limit Break

They also can use the Long Bow or the Double Bow which is a free Str+5 and 2-3 range. That 3 range gives you enough room to run away with that Galeforce and not worry about being caught.

I love sniper Inigo. My set is a little different from yours i use:

galeforce
arms
aggressor
Limit Breaker
Luna

and i usually set him up with Lucina as his Wife with dual guard + for 100% dual strike
---
Not changing until Big Show AND Rey Mysterio are both permanently gone from WWE. 10/28/2011
#174Col_MobiusPosted 4/24/2013 4:04:23 PM
Your Inigos would both be better if they were Heroes. That's the essence of why Sniper isn't a good class.
---
3DS FC: 0533-4140-9968
#175anondumPosted 4/24/2013 4:04:50 PM
uh no sniper was the worst class in FE7. with no class even coming close. rebecca sucked, wil sucked, louise sucked, and snipers in general sucked because they can't counterattack and kill your tactics rating. paladin was probably the most important class but it's hard to say because of raven and ninian being overpowered in general.
#176Tatakai-No-Kami(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 4:06:08 PM
Col_Mobius posted...
Your Inigos would both be better if they were Heroes. That's the essence of why Sniper isn't a good class.

any sniper with galeforce is good in this game. pair up is a godsend for them, and really means anyone hating on snipers because their weakness during the enemy phase is completely wrong now.

they are awesome as supporters. they have no use for being a front line character, and honestly, sniper was never meant to be a front line class in the first place.
---
imanalt.
#177laundrysucksPosted 4/24/2013 4:06:43 PM
Col_Mobius posted...

I agree but, I think it's more fun to use the snipers because it takes a little more strategy than *place hero with hells wrath in range of some enemies*

Plus thinning out the field without risking your units is pretty good
---
Not changing until Big Show AND Rey Mysterio are both permanently gone from WWE. 10/28/2011
#178Tatakai-No-Kami(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 4:08:30 PM
anondum posted...
uh no sniper was the worst class in FE7. with no class even coming close. rebecca sucked, wil sucked, louise sucked, and snipers in general sucked because they can't counterattack and kill your tactics rating. paladin was probably the most important class but it's hard to say because of raven and ninian being overpowered in general.

reinfleche was the best weapon in the game (unless you count the uber spear, which shouldnt have even been obtainable) and rath was ridiculously good if you want to hate on worthless enemy phase. any support circle that included a sniper was 100% legit. in FE7, the link arena usefulness argument is totally valid, because people actually played that.
---
imanalt.
#179Col_MobiusPosted 4/24/2013 4:09:24 PM
laundrysucks posted...
I agree but, I think it's more fun to use the snipers because it takes a little more strategy than *place hero with hells wrath in range of some enemies*

This claim gets made a lot, but it doesn't make any sense at all. What takes the most strategy is planning out the best way to win. Using Snipers might make the game more challenging to you in a way that you find fun, but that's not the same as strategy.

And I have nothing against that! You should play how you want. But claiming that using Snipers doesn't impose an arbitrary challenge on the game is just incorrect.
---
#180Col_MobiusPosted 4/24/2013 4:10:14 PM
Col_Mobius posted...

any sniper with galeforce is good in this game. pair up is a godsend for them, and really means anyone hating on snipers because their weakness during the enemy phase is completely wrong now.

they are awesome as supporters. they have no use for being a front line character, and honestly, sniper was never meant to be a front line class in the first place.

You use SNIPERS as support characters? With Paladins and Berserkers in existence? Oh lordy.
---