unless you are going for a gen 3 morgan, these are THE best marriages.

#31Tatakai-No-Kami(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 7:56:42 AM(edited)
i'm not going to get into the olivia vs sumia thing, because like you said, its been done to death.

so lets get into the other reasoning for this pairing, which is cynthia. aside from chrom, all her other dads are dead beats. chrom is like her saving grace, giving her aether and amazing mods all in one. and, with the sniper set up i mentioned before, you get (counting for LB) a 62 skill sniper, which means 31% aether, pretty damn good for the best proc in the game.

now, lets talk about inigo. yes, i'll admit that chrom is probably his best dad overall, but ONLY because of rightful king. vaike still beats chrom in terms of mods, wielding +2 strength more. normally, i would not even bother bringing that up, since it seems miniscule to me, but, since this was such a big deal with sumia vs olivia, i'll say it. +2 STRENGTH HAHA! but lets be serious for a second. is rightful king really that good? the best bet inigo can use it with is astra, which, pales in comparison to aether. he can do lethality as well, but this has a low rate even with rightful king, and it really doesnt even matter since its not hard to one shot things anyway. even more so because inigo has armsthrift, and can spam forges and legendary weapons all day long.

so thats basically it. we're going for optimization here, and this set up hooks up all the kids, no exceptions. while you can specialize some children over others, doing so means that other children get shafted.
---
imanalt.
#32BlueDryBones1Posted 4/24/2013 7:56:23 AM
NanayaSReborn posted...
Tatakai-No-Kami posted...
better mods than olivia

rofl

She has effectively -7 Str compared to Olivia!Lucina due to the terrible modifier and lack of Swordfaire.

Sumia!Lucina>Olivia!Lucina

Sumia gives Lance/Tomefaire Lances are arguably better than Swords because of more access to 1-2 Range. +2Spd/+1Skl>+2Str. There is nothing else to compare between the 2. Knight+Cleric>Myrimidon. -1Def/Res from Olivia is < or = to -2Def +1 Res.

Also if your making Cynthia into a Dark Flier there is only a difference of 1 Mag between Henry!Cynthia and Chrom!Cynthia. Only skill that Henry gives that is notable is Wrath but without Vantage she still gets most of her skills from Sumia either way. Gets to be able to do more with Chrom as a father.

Virion/Frederick!Inigo>>>>>>>>>Chrom!Inigo

Frederick!Inigo is a clone of Donnel!Kjelle just trade her female only classes for Barbarian and he still has access to Galeforce from Olivia.

Virion!Inigo is the best Galeforce Inigo.
---
Dry Bones+Magikruiser FTW in MKW ^-^
#33bearclaw13Posted 4/24/2013 7:56:52 AM
i'm not going to get into the olivia vs sumia thing, because like you said, its been done to death.

so lets get into the other reasoning for this pairing, which is cynthia. aside from chrom, all her other dads are dead beats. chrom is like her saving grace, giving her aether and amazing mods all in one. and, with the sniper set up i mentioned before, you get (counting for LB) a 62 skill sniper, which means 31% aether, pretty damn good for the best proc in the game.

now, lets talk about inigo. yes, i'll admit that chrom is probably his best dad overall, but ONLY because of rightful king. vaike still beats chrom in terms of mods, wielding +2 strength more. normally, i would not even bother bringing that up, since it seems miniscule to me, but, since this was such a big deal with sumia vs olivia, i'll say it. +2 STRENGTH HAHA! but lets be serious for a second. is rightful king really that good? the best bet inigo can use it with is astra, which, pales in comparison to aether. he can do lethality as well, but this has a low rate even with rightful king, and i really doesnt even matter since its not hard to one shot things anyway. even more so because inigo has armsthrift, and can spam forges and legendary weapons all day long.

so thats basically it. we're going for optimization here, and this set up hooks up all the kids, no exceptions. while you can specialize some children over others, doing so means that other children get shafted.

Henry is better than Chrom for Cynthia.
---
It's game time.
#34DemiseEndPosted 4/24/2013 7:57:16 AM
RFK inigo can use Sol and Luna for moar consistency

Vaike can go to Kjelle or Gerome or insert daughter here
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#35DemiseEndPosted 4/24/2013 8:00:47 AM
Cynthia uses Luna anyway.....

Im interested to do Chrom vs Henry for Cynthia
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#36Col_MobiusPosted 4/24/2013 8:02:41 AM(edited)
People are obsessed with giving Inigo Rightful King. I can't imagine a lot of better ways to waste a skill slot.

Meanwhile, Sumia!Lucina is hands down the best Rightful King user in the game (if we ignore the Avatar/Morgan). Creating two units who are okay with RFK over one unit who abuses the crap out of it makes no sense to me.

Plus, I'm still stumping for Libra!Inigo. One of the best Sorcs in the game, and all you lose is Libra!Owain.
---
3DS FC: 0533-4140-9968
#37bearclaw13Posted 4/24/2013 8:03:28 AM
BlueDryBones1 posted...
NanayaSReborn posted...
better mods than olivia

rofl

She has effectively -7 Str compared to Olivia!Lucina due to the terrible modifier and lack of Swordfaire.

Sumia!Lucina>Olivia!Lucina

Sumia gives Lance/Tomefaire Lances are arguably better than Swords because of more access to 1-2 Range. +2Spd/+1Skl>+2Str. There is nothing else to compare between the 2. Knight+Cleric>Myrimidon. -1Def/Res from Olivia is < or = to -2Def +1 Res.

Also if your making Cynthia into a Dark Flier there is only a difference of 1 Mag between Henry!Cynthia and Chrom!Cynthia. Only skill that Henry gives that is notable is Wrath but without Vantage she still gets most of her skills from Sumia either way. Gets to be able to do more with Chrom as a father.

Virion/Frederick!Inigo>>>>>>>>>Chrom!Inigo

Frederick!Inigo is a clone of Donnel!Kjelle just trade her female only classes for Barbarian and he still has access to Galeforce from Olivia.

Virion!Inigo is the best Galeforce Inigo.

Wait what?

Lucina already has something like this from both mothers
Limit Breaker
Aether
Galeforce
Rightful King
Aether/Luna

Yeah Lucina doesn't need Faire's. Even if she did where would she put them? I don't think any of these skills being inferior to +5 damage. As you already pointed out Henry has one more point of magic, better than nothing.

Inigo from Chrom can look something like.
Armshift
Galeforce
Rightul King
Sol
Aegis/Whatever.

Frederick and Virion lack RK and end up inferior because of that.
---
It's game time.
#38bearclaw13Posted 4/24/2013 8:05:17 AM
Col_Mobius posted...
People are obsessed with giving Inigo Rightful King. I can't imagine a lot of better ways to waste a skill slot.

Meanwhile, Sumia!Lucina is hands down the best Rightful King user in the game (if we ignore the Avatar/Morgan). Creating two units who are okay with RFK over one unit who abuses the crap out of it makes no sense to me.

Plus, I'm still stumping for Libra!Inigo. One of the best Sorcs in the game, and all you lose is Libra!Owain.

So.. ruin Owain's potential (the other good fathers for him are taken) in exchange for a good Sorcerer?
---
It's game time.
#39SazukeEXPosted 4/24/2013 8:05:30 AM
Vaike!Kjelle > Donnel!Kjelle

Vaike!Kjelle has +7 Damage, +14 when Doubling, over Donnel!Kjelle as an Axe Hero while Vaike!Kjelle has better caps as a General and Gale Force is wasted as as General Kjelle should be using this skill set to be the best se can be as a General.

Armsthrift
Sol/Luna
Aegis
Pavise
Limit Breaker
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.
#40NanayaSRebornPosted 4/24/2013 8:07:32 AM(edited)
BlueDryBones1 posted...
Sumia gives Lance/Tomefaire Lances are arguably better than Swords because of more access to 1-2 Range.

Or you could have Olivia!Lucina run Lancefaire as well and have even more Strength?

BlueDryBones1 posted...
+2Spd/+1Skl>+2Str

BlueDryBones1 posted...
There is nothing else to compare between the 2. Knight+Cleric>Myrimidon. -1Def/Res from Olivia is < or = to -2Def +1 Res.

Why. Where is your justification. Where is your evidence that being able to double enemies with 43-44 speed is more efficient than doing more damage overall.
---
"I'm the warrior of love and rage, Black Frost!"