unless you are going for a gen 3 morgan, these are THE best marriages.

#51BlueDryBones1Posted 4/24/2013 8:14:13 AM
bearclaw13 posted...
Col_Mobius posted...
bearclaw13 posted...
So.. ruin Owain's potential (the other good fathers for him are taken) in exchange for a good Sorcerer?

Owain is plenty good enough with Ricken, Henry, Vaike, or Donnel. Henry should be with Maribelle, Vaike with Sully, and Ricken possibly with Miriel. Donnel!Owain is terrific. Or you could do Gregor!Laurent like a smart person and have Ricken!Owain, which is great.

RIcken goes with Maribelle. Henry goes with anyone really (although I prefer Sumia). Vaike goes with anyone because Sol + Armshift(if female) is amazing. Donnel is better off giving someone Galeforce.

Keep in mind Ricken is only giving the Archer class to Brady. Libra/Henry is better in terms of stats(outside of the +1 Mag of Ricken) and classes. Ricken is best with Miriel(if Stahl is taken) and Lissa (to give Owain +5 Mag and Lifetaker, Luna, and Aegis)
---
Dry Bones+Magikruiser FTW in MKW ^-^
#52Col_MobiusPosted 4/24/2013 8:15:31 AM
bearclaw13 posted...
Col_Mobius posted...
bearclaw13 posted...
So.. ruin Owain's potential (the other good fathers for him are taken) in exchange for a good Sorcerer?

Owain is plenty good enough with Ricken, Henry, Vaike, or Donnel. Henry should be with Maribelle, Vaike with Sully, and Ricken possibly with Miriel. Donnel!Owain is terrific. Or you could do Gregor!Laurent like a smart person and have Ricken!Owain, which is great.

RIcken goes with Maribelle. Henry goes with anyone really (although I prefer Sumia). Vaike goes with anyone because Sol + Armshift(if female) is amazing. Donnel is better off giving someone Galeforce.

Sumia should be with Chrom, so you have a free Henry there. Assume he's with Gerome, I guess. Either he is or Vaike is, right? So one of them will be free for Owain. Unless you put Vaike with Kjelle, which frees up Donnel. The only way you aren't going to have someone totally acceptable free for Owain is if, for some reason, you're running Chrom/Olivia and Avatar/Sumia. But if you're doing that, we are no longer having a conversation about why Libra should be Inigo's dad, since you've decided Chrom is.
---
3DS FC: 0533-4140-9968
#53SazukeEXPosted 4/24/2013 8:15:59 AM
Tatakai-No-Kami posted...
SazukeEX posted...
Another thing.

Viaike!Inigo?

Really?

If you want just pure mods than Vaike!Inigo is better.

Regardless both are a complete waste of Vaike's seed as Vaike wants a daughter.

and which daughter are you giving to vaike who doesnt need galeforce from someone else or doesnt default with armsthrift like severa does?

Kjelle.

General

Armthrift
Sol/Luna
Aegis
Pavise
Limit Breaker

Helswrath, Gradivus, Brave Axe/Lance

Hero

Armsthrift
Sol/Luna
Vantage or Aegis
Axefaire
Limit Breaker

Helswrath, Vorlant Axe, Hauteclere, Brave Axe

General Kjelle is best use of Kjelle though Vaike does give her the option to also be a very sexy Hero.

With Axefaire as a Hero she'll have +7 STR, +2 SKL, and +2 SPD over Donnel!Kjelle, Donnel!Kjelle will only have Gale Force to show for it.
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.
#54bearclaw13Posted 4/24/2013 8:18:50 AM
BlueDryBones1 posted...
Where is Limit Break on Inigo? Limit Breaker>RK on units that use Skill% procs. Seems like a huge waste just to use it for Sol and Only Sol since Armsthrift is 100% either way. He doesnt need RK its just not worth it. He has other skills that he would rather run.

2 Proc skills is bad its either Aether or Luna but not both. I agree that she doesnt need faires but I'm just proving that Swordfaire from Olivia doesnt beat Lancefaire that both can give making Swordfaire not stand up in a argument on Sumia vs Olivia. RK is absolutely pointless if your using only 1 proc.

Tank Sumia!Lucina can run:

Aegis
Pavise
Aether
RK/Filler if you rather use something else
Limit Breaker

69% Aegis and Pavise w/o Pair ups or boost of any kinds. 40% Aether.

Lucina also gets +1 Mag and Tomefaire which means that she has potential as a good Dark Flier. Galeforce+Tomefaire+Luna+Limit Break+Preference would be good on an offensive Magic set.

So now Rightful King is bad? Just Sol makes it worthwhile.

For Lucina I've already given a Lucina skillset. What about Cynthia Chrom!Cynthia has as a DF
Luna
Aegis
Galeforce
Lifetaker
Limit Breaker

While Henry!Cynthia has as a Sorcerer

Luna
Pavise
Galeforce
Lifetaker
Limit Breaker

Their practically identical but Henry gives more magic and Sorcerer.
---
It's game time.
#55Tatakai-No-Kami(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 8:19:54 AM
i'll give you that vaike is better than donnel for kjelle, but the lack of galeforce is so meh.

it honestly depends on what you are trying to prioritize with your marriages. armsthrift sorcs, maximum galeforce, gen 3 morgan, or optimum stuff for every kid.
---
imanalt.
#56UryvichkPosted 4/24/2013 8:20:09 AM
Col_Mobius posted...
People are obsessed with giving Inigo Rightful King. I can't imagine a lot of better ways to waste a skill slot.

Meanwhile, Sumia!Lucina is hands down the best Rightful King user in the game (if we ignore the Avatar/Morgan). Creating two units who are okay with RFK over one unit who abuses the crap out of it makes no sense to me.

Plus, I'm still stumping for Libra!Inigo. One of the best Sorcs in the game, and all you lose is Libra!Owain.

Libra!Inigo is indeed fantastic, but I don't think Chrom!Inigo is necessarily bad just because RFK is overrated and will not actually end up in his skillset (which is true). Chrom!Inigo is a perfectly serviceable physical Inigo with good modifiers and critical access to Luna; he's basically a faster Frederick!Inigo. Rightful King is fun for trolling, and he can become a Galeforce/Aggressor/Bowfaire Warrior which is a very fun combo (if not entirely optimal, but he has Axefaire and Berserker and Hero too so whatever).

It bothers me that people bag on Maribelle!Lucina so much. It gives Lucina the best support setup and access to Dark Knight, which is not bad at all. Sumia still makes for a better offensive mage, but Maribelle works perfectly well and lets Lucina use the Parallel Falchion and Tomes at the same time. Granted, it trashes Brady whereas Cynthia and Inigo do just fine with Chrom as a father, but looking strictly at Lucina it's not bad just because she ends up with -1 STR.

That said, I'd do Sumia x Chrom every time if I didn't love Henry!Cynthia too much. I think people are forgetting Sage access means a lot to a Dark Flier, and Sumia!Lucina and Maribelle!Lucina can both do that if you need an additional one. Granted using Lucina as a non-sword/lance user seems like anathema I'm sure, but the fact of the matter is Olivia!Lucina can't do as well at that... but at least she can do it, so that's something over Sully!Lucina. Also, no-Armsthrift Lucina does appreciate a Swordfaire Parallel Falchion for everything but the hardest stuff (when she'll want to go with lances).
#57Col_MobiusPosted 4/24/2013 8:23:09 AM
Uryvichk posted...
Libra!Inigo is indeed fantastic, but I don't think Chrom!Inigo is necessarily bad just because RFK is overrated and will not actually end up in his skillset (which is true).

I agree with this. There's nothing wrong with Chrom!Inigo. I just don't think RFK makes or breaks anything, since Inigo doesn't really want it.
---
3DS FC: 0533-4140-9968
#58SazukeEXPosted 4/24/2013 8:23:18 AM
Tatakai-No-Kami posted...
SazukeEX posted...
Vaike should only be given to Kjelle or Nah.

Kjelle benefits more from Vaike than Nah due to Armsthrift, and Axefaire pass down from Vaike, which is not needed at all for Manakete Nah due to 35 use DS+ that cannot be forged and are very cheap to get.

General Kjelle wants Helswrath and Gradivus, Legendary Weapons as well as a Brave Axe/Lance for situations that she needs that extra omph.

Hero Kjelle wants Helswrath, Vorlant Axe, Hauteclere, and a Brave Axe. All Axes due to er having Axefaire from her daddy Vaike.

at the cost of galeforce, idk man.

As I said.

Best Kjelle is General Kjelle and Gale Force is completely wasted because of General's low MOV and Kjelle's naturally awesome skill set.

The only things she needs to make a super General are Armsthrift and Sol and as a General she literally only has two slots open.

Hero Vaike!Kjelle loses Gale Force, sure, but she has a pretty large stat advantage over Donnel!Kjelle due to Axefaire she can have passed down from her daddy.

Donnel should be marrying Tharja is MU isn't marrying her. If you choose to marry Tharja than Donnel can still be shifted to another child for instant Armsthrift + Sol on them.

Marry him to a child that has Gale Force but lacking those and you've turned them into great front line attackers right there that can clear out an enemy or two while sticking behind the tank, General Kjelle or a Nostank, that will be soaking up the damage and dishing out the pain during the enemy phase.

As quite frankly Gale Force, despite being so amazing, isn't going to be super awesome on Kjelle due to her awesome skill set compared to child, that does have Gale Force, that would love to have at least Armsthrift and maybe Sol to push them up.
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.
#59Tatakai-No-Kami(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 8:23:52 AM
since now this topic is somewhat pointless, i have an idea.

why dont we just come up with a sticky topic and post all the best marriage set ups that can appeal to all of the following wants:

max galeforce
armsthrift sorcs
all kids are good
gen 3 morgans

and then we get the best players to post up a marriage combination for each. of course, gen 3 morgan will have some different wants, like manakete, aether etc. but we can single out the best things to do with gen 3 morgan.
---
imanalt.
#60DemiseEndPosted 4/24/2013 8:27:58 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]