Limit Breaker Streetpass Team on Southtown

#1Huff n puff 20Posted 4/24/2013 2:16:41 PM
Fight without Limit Breaker.
GODS. BRUTAL. Possible, but... damn.

...People who claim Limit Breaker is a bad skill know NOTHING.
---
http://i.imgur.com/hbgVYTg.png
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8572968/1/Project-Ignition
#2UryvichkPosted 4/24/2013 2:22:54 PM
Who actually claims that though?
#3SazukeEXPosted 4/24/2013 2:23:12 PM
Someone actually said Limit Breaker was bad?
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.
#4Huff n puff 20(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 2:25:32 PM
Look up the Rate the Skill Xenologue: Iote's/Limit Breaker topic.
Go to SF, find the massive topic on it.

There's a gaggle of people who say it's bad.
No, it's by far and away the strongest (and therefore, best) skill in the game. Those fools know nothing.
---
http://i.imgur.com/hbgVYTg.png
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8572968/1/Project-Ignition
#5jonnovision1Posted 4/24/2013 2:32:29 PM
other than the topic Huff n puff 20 mentioned, there was another stating that it was bad, although the reason wasn't that other skills are better, but that it's pretty much become mandatory, and when everyone has it, it's basically the same as nobody having it.
---
"Reinforcements? I am the Reinforcements."
PKMN Black FC: 0261 9500 8363
#6BahamutKaiserPosted 4/24/2013 3:44:42 PM
I actually agree its bad for the game, there are so many specific skills like flairs for power or breakers for specific defense, limit breaker just beats them all as the catch all superior skill for better offense, defense, skill activation and more. it doesn't effectively customize your build, it just give you a lame amount of power which subtracts from the game.

sure its a better skill... but ultimately its not an improvement to the game...
---
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, if they get angry, they'll be a mile away... and barefoot.
#7TerradriusPosted 4/24/2013 3:57:07 PM(edited)
BahamutKaiser posted...
I actually agree its bad for the game, there are so many specific skills like flairs for power or breakers for specific defense, limit breaker just beats them all as the catch all superior skill for better offense, defense, skill activation and more. it doesn't effectively customize your build, it just give you a lame amount of power which subtracts from the game.

sure its a better skill... but ultimately its not an improvement to the game...

This. It's obviously an extremely powerful skill - but its existence and availability effectively push everyone down to 4 skill slots rather than 5. It's mandatory for any optimized character (except (maybe) rally bots), making it not an option, but rather a requirement. It's very poorly designed.

I've said this before, but I suspect it was made this way in order to offer a (fairly questionable) form of replay value - its designers might have thought that R&R3 would be the last piece of DLC, so Limit Breaker would at least give you something to do after beating all of the DLC, even if it was fairly monotonous. Which makes sense in a way, but as a skill, it's still very poorly made.
---
http://adamgaming.blogspot.com/ - My game review/design blog, which I have finally gotten back to updating. Sporadically.
Jesus saves. PSN: Orethen
#8MAtt5TERPosted 4/24/2013 3:59:58 PM
It's a pay2win Skill.

/topic
---
This sentence is as meaningless as you.
#9IlluminaZer0Posted 4/24/2013 4:01:30 PM(edited)
Limit Breaker is purely a post-game skill. It has no utility in the main-game, as by the time you can access limit breaker you've broken story mode in half anyways.

Hell, even if it were accessible at the beginning of the game it would still require the player to be laughably over-leveled to have any effect. Limit breaker is simply overkill at that point.

Limit Breaker is a powerful skill, but it's actual full game utility is extremely limited.
---
Official claimant of Mem Aleph for the theoretic cause of promoting Shin Megami Tensei IV of the 3DS.
#10legendriderPosted 4/24/2013 4:38:01 PM
I can imagine, facing a team full of limit breakers without any of your units having limit break must be challenging, just be grateful that the enemy can't pair up, otherwise, you'd be dead.

Limit break is really only for the DLC that comes after Rogues and Redeemers 3......well actually, you can even manage without Limit break on those. Limit break is for TSON but even then you can manage without it. Yeah, sure, it'll be more difficult without it, but it's not impossible without limit break.
So Limit break is only mandatory for TSON EXTRA mode (because that's some scary stuff there).

Using it on anything else is sorta pushing the boundaries of game breaking. You already absurdly strong anyway by the time you gain access to limit break, using it on anything else that's not the challenge DLC (maybe) or TSON is just unnecessary. Well.....unless you want to make streetpass teams.
Even then someone without limit break can easily bypass....maybe not easily, but can bypass limit break.
AI doesn't work like us, and we have access to pair up mechanics.

It's not pay-to-win, seeing as it's not all out game breaking.
Pay-to-win is like having no chance at all against someone who does.
This is just a boost really meant for later DLC
---
Don't play to win, play for fun. Love playing games with people, that's why I love Wi-Fi
3DS: 1203-9417-6170, PSN: Trixster196