Limit Breaker Streetpass Team on Southtown

#11anondumPosted 4/24/2013 4:40:20 PM
limit breaker is a bad skill

everyone needs it so it just makes everyone have 4 skill slots. if limit breaker was removed would there really be any difference?
#12legendriderPosted 4/24/2013 5:05:21 PM
anondum posted...
limit breaker is a bad skill

everyone needs it so it just makes everyone have 4 skill slots. if limit breaker was removed would there really be any difference?

The thing is, you don't NEED it, if you prefer to have 5 skills instead of 4 and limit break, then you go with that.
You don't need limit break, you'd prefer to use it though
It's only really needed for TSON (but that's just to make it less tedious, and easier for you) and TSON hard mode (here it's kinda mandatory)

By the time you get limit break, you can take on everything without it.
The skill isn't needed at all.
Not saying it's not useful
But it isn't necessary on a unit, unless TSON as stated above.

I think of Limit break as a......filler skill
I can't think of a 5th skill to give a character? Limit break, until I decide something, or it might just stay on said character indefinitely if I can't think of a skill to add to them.
Not needed, but useful.
But can be outclassed by other skills, giving the right combinations....maybe.
---
Don't play to win, play for fun. Love playing games with people, that's why I love Wi-Fi
3DS: 1203-9417-6170, PSN: Trixster196
#13hunknchunkPosted 4/24/2013 5:07:29 PM
It's a great asset as far as skills go, but it sends a bad precedent: forget creating unique skill sets with creative combos, just buy this DLC and couple Limit Breaker with a few of the more versatile skills and practically any unit is at least above average... Optimization or not.

Even worse, it becomes a crutch when tackling the hardest missions, removing some of the appeal/reward of old-fashioned strategizing. I've forsaken it, but even I question whether it would just make more sense to pigeonhole it into most sets to lessen the effort of filling them out through grinding and inheritance.
#14Huff n puff 20(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 6:59:32 PM
legendrider posted...

Name one.
---
http://i.imgur.com/hbgVYTg.png
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8572968/1/Project-Ignition
#15IlluminaZer0Posted 4/24/2013 7:04:01 PM(edited)
Huff n puff 20 posted...
legendrider posted...

Name one.

Being under level 40 is one such scenario. Really, it is more like total level +60...
---
Official claimant of Mem Aleph for the theoretic cause of promoting Shin Megami Tensei IV of the 3DS.
#16SazukeEXPosted 4/24/2013 7:04:53 PM
MAtt5TER posted...
It's a pay2win Skill.

/topic

But you're paying for the content that you would actually Limit Breaker for anyway. >_>

All the Base Game stuff and free Spotpass characters don't need Limit Breaker. Not even Priam.
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.
#17SuperSonicDBZPosted 4/24/2013 7:05:29 PM
People don't like LB because it's so strong and such a big choice for most characters. The only reason I would say it's bad is because once you have access to LB, you sort of only have 4 Skill Slots rather then 5. I kind of wish LB was like a Seraph Robe or a Talisman, where the use was permanent and always on.

But that's it's only drawbacks. When you are on top, people will always try to knock you down. And LB is definitely one of the top skills in the game.
---
Donnel is my # 1 bro. We fist bump, slay some risen, eat some chicken strips, bomb the Valmese and steal sugar from Gaius on a daily basis. Like a Boss. FE:A
#18hunknchunkPosted 4/24/2013 7:22:21 PM
The fact that Limit Breaker is largely necessary for certain paid content is part of the problem for me... Isn't it enough that I purchase the content itself? I know, it's an option to use Limit Breaker, not a requirement... But you can't deny that it's a somewhat sleazy tactic to wring more money out of the most devoted fans.
#19ArcasaurusPosted 4/24/2013 7:27:20 PM
hunknchunk posted...
The fact that Limit Breaker is largely necessary for certain paid content is part of the problem for me... Isn't it enough that I purchase the content itself? I know, it's an option to use Limit Breaker, not a requirement... But you can't deny that it's a somewhat sleazy tactic to wring more money out of the most devoted fans.

Isn't it sorta the reverse, in terms of how they made Limit Breaker and released it? They gave out Limit Breaker, but it was kind of pointless to have, so then they made DLC chapters where Limit Breaker would actually have some use.
#20nflchampPosted 4/24/2013 7:53:23 PM
As noted in the Rate the Skill topic, Limit Break is the best skill in the game once you reach your new caps. It does nothing before reaching caps and nothing to get you to the new caps, making it dead weight all that time.