Schmeman posted...
GaiusXTharja ! Noire (Sniper)

ChromXOlivia ! Inigo (Hero)

FrederickXLissa ! Owain (Dread Fighter)

VirionXRobin ! Morgan (Grandmaster)

DonnelXSully ! Kjelle (General)

KellamXNowi ! Nah (Manakete)

VaikeXCherche ! Gerome (Hero)

LibraXMaribelle ! Brady (Dunno about this guy)

Lon'quXMiriel ! Laurent (Sage)

RickenXCordelia ! Severa (Dark Flier)

GregorXPanne ! Yarne (Taguel or Berserker)

HenryXSumia ! Cynthia (Dark Flier- you got her a magic dad, give her a magic class)

Those are all my marriages plus their kids with their end class. I haven't thought yet how I'm going to pair the kids together.

---
I always listen, I just don't respond.
B2 FC: 3010 5891 4441
#12WebbOMGPosted 4/24/2013 2:43:06 PM
I concur Sazuke.

Unless someone beats me to it, I'm thinking about writing up a rough draft for just that purpose. Ideally, I'd like to take the written word of each contributor explaining their hows and whys.

I can think of 2 or 3 pairing lists I'd like to include, then your Armsthrift optimization pairings, then of course Endgame's lol Sorcerer pairings or whatever new pairings he's settled on recently.
---
The preceding were my own opinions and while I will stand and defend them, I always do my best to give both sides of any discussion a fair chance.
#13SazukeEXPosted 4/24/2013 2:43:13 PM
Than why are you here asking to be rated than?

Personal pairings is based on pure opinion, thus it cannot be rated.

Optimal pairings on the other hand are based of pure data and thus can be rated.

Example -

Vaike!Kjelle/Donnel!Kjelle is literally her best pairing outside MU.

It simply cannot be refuted as the raw data and skill sets support it completely as being superior. It also so happens that she makes the most out of Vaike than any other child while her and Noire both make great use out of Donnel depending what you want out of either.
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.
#14bearclaw13Posted 4/24/2013 2:44:16 PM
WebbOMG posted...
I concur Sazuke.

Unless someone beats me to it, I'm thinking about writing up a rough draft for just that purpose. Ideally, I'd like to take the written word of each contributor explaining their hows and whys.

I can think of 2 or 3 pairing lists I'd like to include, then your Armsthrift optimization pairings, then of course Endgame's lol Sorcerer pairings or whatever new pairings he's settled on recently.

I have a topic trying to get some stuff for writing one at the moment.
---
It's game time.
#15SazukeEXPosted 4/24/2013 2:44:53 PM
WebbOMG posted...
I concur Sazuke.

Indeed. It would really be a mountain of work though just to list the pairings and skill sets.

Which is before the explanations.

Yeah...
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.
#16bearclaw13Posted 4/24/2013 2:46:06 PM
SazukeEX posted...
WebbOMG posted...
I concur Sazuke.

Indeed. It would really be a mountain of work though just to list the pairings and skill sets.

Which is before the explanations.

Yeah...

Like I've said I'm more than willing to do it.
---
It's game time.
#17burgerkongPosted 4/24/2013 2:47:06 PM
Schmeman posted...
I didn't look at any lists, I chose the marriages based on how I liked the characters with one another and then chose inherited skills and classes based on my previous choices.

I think it's stupid to go for the most "optimal" character set up as if it's really going to change much in the long run. However, that said, I was curious how my choices would work anyway. It be nice to hear it from someone who is more familiar with this game - as I am not, since this is my first fire emblem and all.

Since these are the choices that I've made, and I'm not going to change them, I was looking for a rating of these choices rather than a suggestion for better ones.

There is a DLC called The Strongest One's Name (commonly known as TSON) which has enemies with stats in the 50s-60s and skills like Dragonskin and Luna+ which always activate; if you want to beat that, you may have a lot rougher time without optimal pairings.

Anyways, disregarding that, basically anything works in game, since all children are usable; some pairings are kind of redundant though. Stahl X Sully for example offers Kjelle literally nothing outside of decent modifiers.
#18Schmeman(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 2:52:44 PM(edited)
@SazukeEX
You can rate my parings if you compare them to the optimal parings. For instance, some of the feedback I got was how StahlXSully wouldn't be too optimal and neither would VirionXRobin. I'd like to know how they'd fair despite my choice to keep them the same.

Regardless of my pairings, Urrrgghhhh was able to offer some very useful advice as to which classes I should make my offspring units. Such as making Cynthia a Dark Flier or Noire a Sniper.

Thanks everyone for your comments :)
---
Alex
#19burgerkongPosted 4/24/2013 3:20:19 PM
Schmeman posted...
You can rate my parings if you compare them to the optimal parings. For instance, some of the feedback I got was how StahlXSully wouldn't be to optimal and neither would VirionXRobin. I'd like to know how they'd fair despite my choice to keep them the same.

Regardless or my pairings, Urrrgghhhh was able to offer some very useful advice as to which classes I should make my offspring units. Such as making Cynthia a Dark Flier or Noire a Sniper.

Thanks, everyone for your comments :)

Ah, OK, I see.

Well, Gaius X Tharja, Chrom X Olivia, Gregor X Panne, Henry X Sumia, Ricken X Cordelia, Lon'qu X Miriel, and Libra X Maribelle are all arguably optimal.

Frederick x Lissa results in a tanky Owain with Aegis+Pavise, which doesn't really suit his class selection with lack of Sol and definitely hurts his SPD, resulting in a -SPD modifier.

Kellam!Gerome is kind of meh. As nice as that +6 DEF modifier looks, without Aegis a defensive build is lacklustre since he'll get destroyed by Magic, and Kellam doesn't really

Female MU optimally marries Chrom for Rightful King Morgan and Morgan-Lucina or one of the children for better stats. Virion actually offers pretty decent modifiers though (arguably better than Chrom's), so it's not terrible.

Vaike x Nowi isn't too bad, allowing Nah to hit +5 STR, Sol, and Armsthrift, but as a Manakete Armsthrift is kind of a waste, so she might be better served as a General to utilize Armsthrift and Sol with Helswath (+5 DEF).

As I said, Stahl only offers Kjelle the Archer class line, which is useless in terms of skills.

And yeah, that's about everything I think. A lot of your pairings are actually good, so you could probably accomplish TSON with some class changes to your characters' ending classes.