CYOA: Out of Darkness II

#211Neosephiroth666Posted 4/29/2013 8:50:08 PM
Oh, and I change my Matthew and Gina vote(since there isn't a support available) to Cyrus and Melara B.
---
Darkness and light. Chaos and order. I will be the sword that severs the balance. Behold, the glimmering new world.
#212BladeOfSilencePosted 4/29/2013 8:55:31 PM
Neosephiroth666 posted...
We are on chapter 11, yes? All I have to say is this: Chrom. Though granted the situation was different... Anyway, let the official gamefaqs game of battleship begin! "Look lively ye scallywags! Arr enemy finally shows er'self! Man the guns you useless maggots! We'll blow these fools back ta Jones's locker or my name isn't Captain Neo!'-Me

I'm prepared to abandon ship. Fire at will.
---
It's....BACON!!!!
WiiU/PSN: Edgewind | 3DS: 1375-7243-3668
#213Cheesepower5Posted 4/29/2013 8:55:38 PM
Well, if we can just choose four, would it be possible to choose to hold off on S-Ranking Lindy, but still checking in on her and letting her know you're okay?

If so, the I'll just vote for the non-S Ranks for now.
---
Official Naga Raja of the Shin Megami Tensei IV Board
Official King Marth of the Fire Emblem: Awakening Board
#214Dragunov_ZeroPosted 4/29/2013 9:11:18 PM(edited)
Neosephiroth666 posted...
BladeOfSilence posted...
I vote everything non-S rank and vote against both S ranks.

Not even remotely interested in the S rank yet. Way too sudden.
"Oh Thio we finally found you again!"
"Yay let's immediately get married!"

No. Thanks. I'm still very potentially interested in the pairing, but not ready for that yet.

We are on chapter 11, yes? All I have to say is this: Chrom. Though granted the situation was different... Anyway, let the official gamefaqs game of battleship begin! "Look lively ye scallywags! Arr enemy finally shows er'self! Man the guns you useless maggots! We'll blow these fools back ta Jones's locker or my name isn't Captain Neo!'-Me

*munch* *much*

Go on ahead and I'm not eating popcorn because I find this entertaining *sarcasm*

Edit: Also Chrom?

Chrom, I have never prayed to you before, I have no tongue for it.

No one, not even you will remember if we were good men or bad, why we fought or how we died.

No all that matters is that two stood against many, that's what important!

Valor pleases you Chrom, so grant me one request...grant me REVENGE!!!

And if you do not listen, then to HELL WITH YOU!!!

(Conan the Barbarian reference for those who don't get it=P)
---
If life is suffering, then does death bring peace?
#215BladeOfSilencePosted 4/29/2013 10:21:02 PM
Dragunov_Zero posted...
*munch* *much*

Go on ahead and I'm not eating popcorn because I find this entertaining *sarcasm*

Edit: Also Chrom?

Chrom, I have never prayed to you before, I have no tongue for it.

No one, not even you will remember if we were good men or bad, why we fought or how we died.

No all that matters is that two stood against many, that's what important!

Valor pleases you Chrom, so grant me one request...grant me REVENGE!!!

And if you do not listen, then to HELL WITH YOU!!!

(Conan the Barbarian reference for those who don't get it=P)

You just won an internet.
---
It's....BACON!!!!
WiiU/PSN: Edgewind | 3DS: 1375-7243-3668
#216Osranger(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 11:15:31 PM
You we down in a bustling camp, filled with soldiers of both red and blue armor. Your Father sets you down gently, and you exit his grasp in haste. You look for your old friends and comrades. The first person you spot is Matthew, who for once doesn't greet you with a cold stare. He gives you an imperceptible grin, walks up and pats you on the shoulder,"I need to talk to you later, meet me outside of my tent." You nod in response and continue looking. You see Cyrus stumble into Esoteria. She is blushing a bit, and his cheeks are as red as the red stubble sticking out of his head. You want to greet the before moving on, and happen to over hear their conversation: "H-hi Lord Cyrus, I didn't see you there." Says Esoteria, notably lacking the usual confidence she possesses the battlefield or while strategize.

"No, my apologies Milady. I was reading this book and I wasn't watching where I was going."

"Is th-that "Flight: A Third Dimension to Combat"? I never had a good chance to read this book. I l-lost my only copy."

"How did you manage to do that?"

Esoteria blushes even more,"reading while flying. The stupid thing fell right out of my hand. It had the audacity to jump right into a lake." She is grinning now, her stutter disappears, and Cyrus happens to like her joke. You're not entirely sure what to make of it.

Cyrus finally breaks the silence," Say, do you want to read this with me?"

"Read with you? I couldn't go into your tent, it wouldn't be proper."

Cyrus laughs, but his cheeks turn a brighter shade of red,"No, it wouldn't but I normally read outside of my tent anyway, so it all works out. Would you like to start tomorrow?"

"Sure!" Esoteria exclaims. They are both about to head their separate ways when they seem to notice you.

"Hello Esoteria, Hello Cyrus." You say, greeting them.

Esoteria nods toward you, and Cyrus grins,"Hello, Anthiok. How is my favorite big, scary dragon doing?"

"Big scary Dragon? Really?"

"You're right, next to your father, you're soft and cuddly, much like my new brother-in-law."

"Brother-in-law?"

"That's right! You didn't know about the wedding!" He turns to Esoteria,"Meet me after dinner by that large stump by the edge of camp?"

"I'll be there," Esoteria replies.

"I'll go take you to meet my big furry friend, honestly I think he is the best thing that has ever happened to this happy little family of ours. I owe him my life you know." He brings his hand up to his neckline, and you remember the angry red scar that was there when he and the others had rescued you.

"Wait, you mean Bramble?"

"Of course I mean Bramble, who else here has lots of fur and big floppy ears."

"I knew that they were friends, but I had no idea that it had come this far? How long have they been married?"

"Oh, for several months, back after the siege if Derdan. They are joined at the hip, you know. It actually forcing me to act lordly on occasion, give rousing speeches, and give in detail how many ways our country is superior, and how quickly we will smite our enemies. The usual stuff. I don't think anyone has caught on to the fact that I am actually just reciting generic speeches from old history textbooks. Ah, here is there tent. Hopefully this isn't a bad time.

-----------
I decided to put in an unofficial introduction to Cyrus in here, since he is important to the plot and that it would be good to know more about him in general without delving into the backstory that most of the supports have.
---
Those are brave men out there. Let's go kill them!
-Tyrion Lannister, Clash of Kings
#217Osranger(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 11:59:55 PM
It was not the best of times to come in. Bramble and Alicia were kissing passionately while Cyrus strolls in and taps them both lightly on the shoulder.

They both jolt away from each other, startled, and they both glare at Cyrus. Alicia looks more mature than when you last saw her. Her fiery red hair falls to the middle of her back, and there is a hint of sadness in her eyes. Bramble has a lot of his fur back, but it is still a few inches shorter than when you first met. Most of it is bristling.

"Oh please, don't give me that look. I've caught you both going at it before, and they were both during at least somewhat important situations. If you don't want to be disturbed, put a hat on the door. Someone is here to see you." He walks off without another word.

They glance up at you and they both brighten. Alicia speaks first,"Sorry about that, my father stopped teaching my brother manners at the age of seven. He's smart as a whip, but he still acts that way sometimes."

"It's fine. It's you who suffered the greater embarrassment. I heard the two of you got married by the way, congratulations." Both of them give you brief hugs.

"Thanks," Bramble says, slipping an arm around his wife's waist, "I am happy to see you back, alive and well, we both are. We were, however in the middle of something that we would like to get back to. We will all see each other at dinner. besides, Lindy was looking for you." He says with a wry smile,"I am sure she would be happy to see you. Between you and Matthew, I don't know who that poor girl frets about more. You should go give her one less thing to worry about."

"Good idea," you say, and give the couple some privacy."
----
You seem to find Lindy almost immediately after exiting the tent. She throws her arms around you, nearly knocking you down.

"You came back!" She whispers in your ear.

"Of course I came back," you reply, "I am your friend, and I promised not to abandon you."

"Promise you won't leave me again."

"I promise," you whisper. Just two simple words, that somehow cast a shadow over your heart and mind.
----
You greet Gina, Varrus, Dana, and Peter while walking through camp before finding your way to the meeting spot with Matthew. He walks past you and gestures for you to follow. After getting out of earshot of camp he turns around and begins to speak," Lindy has told you about her part in my recovery, is that correct?"

You nod in response.

"She nursed me back from the edge of madness, she was I. A dark place herself, and she pulled the two of us out of it. I have tried so hard to be a better man, for me, for her, and for this army, a cause I can believe in. I am slipping Anthiok. I feel it. It was small changes at first, but now I can notice the backwards progression. The nightmares... Every night I am drowned in the blood of those I have killed. I remember most of their faces still to this day. What if I become like I was before? I can't bare to tell Lindy how far I have slid, but I think that deep down, she knows. She is still trying to save me. I think in some way, in saving me, she thinks that she can rewrite the wrongs she has done in the past, get a clean slate. I-I just want you to know, if it ever comes down to a choice between me and her, I want you to save her. She has turned her life around, and I, and I am a monster beyond saving."

"Don't think like that Matthew," you say as you try to comfort him.
---
Getting late. Will continue in morning.
---
#218Osranger(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 7:23:46 AM
You are somewhat surprised about this line of thinking coming from him. He has become more and more unhinged as you traveled with him, but this is a bit more like how Matthew was when you first met him.
"The very fact that you think yourself a monster makes you less of a monster than you think you are."
Though not any less dangerous than a real one, you continue to yourself.

"I needed to tell you this, nothing more. Thank you for trying to make me feel better, even if it didn't work."

"No problem. You will get better, you are a good man when you are in your right mind, and I think that in the end, that quality will help you succeed."

Matthew gives a faint smile and walks off without another word.
You return to camp to find that Astor, Lorkan, Anya, and Eleanor have entered camp. You wish to find more about Eleanor and stroll up to her.

"Hello, Eleanor."

"Good morning prince Anthiok. Is there anything I can do for you?"

"I wanted to know why you are confined here."

She sighs,"I am from Elina. I was chosen by my wyvern, Harlessa, when I was ten. When I was fifteen, I became a rider. By the time I was seventeen, I was the best rider in my class. When I was eighteen, Zairthe had stormed the gates, sacked the capital and gave everyone an ultimatum, follow him, or watch the entire royal family die before their eyes. I don't want to be here, any more than you did, but I cannot leave. I cannot abandon. The other Elinians look up to me, if I leave, how many would follow my example?"

"I'm sorry for- about this situation."

Her next response is rather cold,"Don't be. I don't feel sorry for myself, and neither should you."

"I still mean it."

"And so do I," with that, she turns her back to you and walks off. You wonder how it would feel being in her position, forced to kill people for a cause you don't believe in.

You ponder this when Lorkan taps you on the shoulder.

"Hey, what are you thinking about, it looks like you are trying to make your head explode?"

"No, not that. What do you want?"

"Just to chat. I haven't had a good conversation with you in what feels like forever, so I wanted to stop by."

"How did you come to the castle?" You ask.

"Oh, that."

"Is something wrong?"

"No, my memories before my time in the castle aren't particularly pleasant. I don't wish to talk about them yet."

"What do you want to talk about?"

"There was the time I tried to turn a pie into a cake."

"Did you succeed?"

"No, instead it flew into your face," he says grinning.

"Did that happen a lot?"

"Not that often. You know what, I change my mind. I will tell you about my prior life. You deserve to know. You, Melara, Astor, and the sages were my only friends. I need to regain your trust and that isn't going to happen by hiding things from you. I will tell you everything, just let me get my thoughts straight.
---------
If you are wondering why there is an Esoteria and Cyrus support conversation, I have no answer for that. I was tired last night and made the wrong one. However, I am still doing the one with Melara and Cyrus, and Esoteria already had C rank with him. So what you get out of this is a free support conversation.
---
#219Cheesepower5Posted 4/30/2013 7:27:53 AM
Yeah, that kind of threw me off... I just assumed it was my error, since I read the post at 2 AM.
---
Official Naga Raja of the Shin Megami Tensei IV Board
Official King Marth of the Fire Emblem: Awakening Board
#220Osranger(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 3:39:30 PM
Lorkan walks off, and you decide to head to the mess tent. On the way, you run into Mealara and Cyrus talking. You stop to listen,

"I will get you to smile one of these days!" Cyrus exclaims.

"Is that a challenge?" Melara asks, with just the hint of an expression on her face.

"Why yes, it is! If I win, you have to keep smiling for an entire day."

"And if I win, you'll make me dinner. Is that a deal?"

"Deal, and I don't plan on losing!"

"I don't expect you to." They shake on it, and begin to go there seperate ways, when Melara spots you and walks up to you.

"Good evening, Anthiok,"

"Hello Melara. Is there anything you need?"

"Actually, I was thinking that together, we could convince Your father to let us participate in the battle tomorrow, or at least get our dragonstones back. I won't do this without you. Would you like to join me?"

A. Try to convince your father to let you join tomorrow's battle.
B. Try to convince your father to let you have your dragonstone back.
C. Do neither and go find mess tent.
---