CYOA: Out of Darkness II

#331Osranger(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2013 11:07:35 PM
Dragunov_Zero posted...
Osranger posted...
You walk out into the woods to clear your head. After awhile, you think about the others. Lindy and Matthew are taking this a lot harder than you are, and you need to keep a brave face for everyone anyway. If this is really hard on you, you can talk to Astor or Melara about it. What do you wish to do?

A. Comfort Lindy, they were long time friends.
B. Comfort Matthew, they were close.
C. Seek out Melara for comfort
D. Seek out Astor for comfort

I am sad. The entire chapter was leading up to this scene.

Ugh, that was emotional even though I never really cared much for Gina...

Anyways, A. I think this is how Thio would normally act.

I know, she was one of the main characters believe it or not despite her low tier so when she was chosen I needed her to go out with a bang. It was... Tough to write.
---
Those are brave men out there. Let's go kill them!
-Tyrion Lannister, Clash of Kings
#332Dragunov_ZeroPosted 5/4/2013 11:12:43 PM
Osranger posted...
Dragunov_Zero posted...
Osranger posted...
You walk out into the woods to clear your head. After awhile, you think about the others. Lindy and Matthew are taking this a lot harder than you are, and you need to keep a brave face for everyone anyway. If this is really hard on you, you can talk to Astor or Melara about it. What do you wish to do?

A. Comfort Lindy, they were long time friends.
B. Comfort Matthew, they were close.
C. Seek out Melara for comfort
D. Seek out Astor for comfort

I am sad. The entire chapter was leading up to this scene.

Ugh, that was emotional even though I never really cared much for Gina...

Anyways, A. I think this is how Thio would normally act.

I know, she was one of the main characters believe it or not despite her low tier so when she was chosen I needed her to go out with a bang. It was... Tough to write.

I understand what you mean, I'd have a hard time writing that scene myself...and I have a confession to make, the only reason I actually remembered Gina as a character was because she tried to steal from us during her intro, not the most gallant or glorious way to remember someone, I admit...
---
If life is suffering, then does death bring peace?
Official groom of Tiki - Fire Emblem Awakening =3
#333C_D_MPosted 5/4/2013 11:18:23 PM
Dang it, Os. Why does it seem like you're gunning for the characters I like best? Just... D. Go find your friend and get a hug, Thio.
#334Neosephiroth666Posted 5/5/2013 12:10:43 AM
Good gods of old, I'm offline for a couple of hours to sleep and we already lose another character. And it had to be Gina didn't it, the only other girl besides Lindy with a support with Matthew. I'm on to you Osranger!! I know what your up to! We must let Thio marry Lindy! Annnyways, I vote A.

PS: Was that a death flag and if so how did we trip it? Or was poor Gina's fate unavoidable?
---
Darkness and light. Chaos and order. I will be the sword that severs the balance. Behold, the glimmering new world.
#335C_D_MPosted 5/5/2013 12:14:58 AM
Neosephiroth666 posted...
Good gods of old, I'm offline for a couple of hours to sleep and we already lose another character. And it had to be Gina didn't it, the only other girl besides Lindy with a support with Matthew. I'm on to you Osranger!! I know what your up to! We must let Thio marry Lindy! Annnyways, I vote A.

PS: Was that a death flag and if so how did we trip it? Or was poor Gina's fate unavoidable?

Remember when he was asking for a random number 1-3, for Varrus, Gina, and... Steven, was it?
#336Neosephiroth666Posted 5/5/2013 12:24:55 AM
C_D_M posted...

Remember when he was asking for a random number 1-3, for Varrus, Gina, and... Steven, was it?

B-but I didn't pick her... Actually, I'm not even sure I voted that time. Are you talking about the puzzle OS did a while back? Pretty sure Gina wasn't in the final selection. Hold the blasted phone... Is that why she got killed? Because we DIDN'T pick her for the puzzle, or is my brain farting and we did pick her? Either way, this bites like a piranha. I think I'll go play my 3ds to help me feel better...
---
Darkness and light. Chaos and order. I will be the sword that severs the balance. Behold, the glimmering new world.
#337Dragunov_ZeroPosted 5/5/2013 12:32:05 AM(edited)
C_D_M posted...

B-but I didn't pick her... Actually, I'm not even sure I voted that time. Are you talking about the puzzle OS did a while back? Pretty sure Gina wasn't in the final selection. Hold the blasted phone... Is that why she got killed? Because we DIDN'T pick her for the puzzle, or is my brain farting and we did pick her? Either way, this bites like a piranha. I think I'll go play my 3ds to help me feel better...

Nah, don't worry, you didn't vote. It was back when we were determining Thane's fate, I didn't notice the random number option at the time so I didn't participate...
---
If life is suffering, then does death bring peace?
Official groom of Tiki - Fire Emblem Awakening =3
#338darkkinght39Posted 5/5/2013 4:04:03 AM
c
#339Cheesepower5Posted 5/5/2013 4:44:25 AM
Jeez Louise, there goes our other Lancer. COMFORT ME, MELARA. ZERO COMMANDS IT.

Actually, nah, A. Lindy needs a shoulder to cry on. :) I'd say B, but I don't want to die.
---
Official Naga Raja of the Shin Megami Tensei IV Board
Official King Marth of the Fire Emblem: Awakening Board
#340Osranger(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 6:06:24 AM
There were multiple steps to this.
--------

First, the camp wasn't adequately defended putting the weaker characters in danger. (Lucky number 16)

Second, you didn't help the soldiers, which would have allowed Thane to escape, but the general would have survived to tell how they were betrayed.

Third, you didn't go help the dying soldier who would have, in his last moments say they were betrayed.

Fourth, you didn't interrogate your prisoner when you had the chance.
If you did , he would have caved in sooner, he cares more for self preservation than Nero and talks quickly if you ask how they discovered the flanking team.

Fifth, the numbers. I figured I since I needed them I should just get them as soon as I thought of the question. There was, as seen above, a chance that they wouldn't be used. One person voted and they voted for 2.

Checking to see what was wrong with flanking team gave you access to the soldiers' story.
You did not save any soldiers. If you left earlier, there was still a chance for her to die, but you would actually have choices that could lead no one to die, or if not, a choice between the three.
---
Those are brave men out there. Let's go kill them!
-Tyrion Lannister, Clash of Kings