CYOA: The Unnecessary Balance

#1Neosephiroth666Posted 4/26/2013 1:44:39 AM
So I really enjoy these topics and I decided to do one of my own. It'll probably be a little rough around the edges at first but here we go. :)

" In a time long before recorded history a tremendous battle was waged," the wizened old priest told the group of children huddled around him like a campfire. The oldest child among the group, a young boy no more than ten, let out a derisive scoff. "We all know about the War of Creation father. Our teachers drill that into us already at regular school. Must we hear that lame story here too?" A couple of the other children chuckled. However, the priest merely smiled. Not a patronizing smile mind you, but the kind smile of one who has the patience of a saint. " Ah, but this version of the tale is a little different from the story you are so familiar with my child. I have decided to impart onto you the secret history that only a select few know of." This, of course, captured the children's attention as it was designed to. Even the unruly one who spoke before now waited for the priest to continue with bated breath. The priest inhaled a deep swig of air before continuing where he left off. " Now you all know, in the beginning there was naught but the Endless Void. And then, much like the original tale, the first of five miracles, or the Father Miracles as described by the Book of Ten Thousand Stars, occurred. Into this sea of nothingness came The Creator, himself from nothing, and he bore within him the Will of Time. The Creator looked out upon the Void with sad eyes, but in the end he chose to do nothing." This confused the priest's immature audience as it was vastly different from what they had been told before. "But," the eldest piped up, "That doesn't make any sense father. That's not what my teacher said." The priest motioned for silence, which the children obeyed. "Let me finish little ones. The Creator chose to do nothing because as sad as this Endless Void was, it was still perfectly balanced. But Fate had other designs. For as soon as The Creator shut his eyes, for even The Creator himself needs to sleep, his left arm, the Dragon of Chaos looked upon the Endless Void with greedy eyes. The Chaos Dragon, Yormungand, wanted it all. And so while The Creator slept Yormungand hatched his evil scheme. He tried to take The Creator's life and with it His power but was foiled by the Creator's right arm, Galgarath, the Dragon of Order. And so, my children, began the unending war between Order and Chaos, also known as the War of Creation, that shaped our universe." - Excerpt from a mere Priest's journal, chronicling his talk with his students on the Book of Ten Thousand Stars

Adventurer, choose your fate!
I am Valen, a lord from the mainlands and son of a ruling house.(A)
I am Nix, a female mercenary from the Eight Islands.(B)
I am Mithos, a male wyvern rider and a free resident of the Floating Mountains.(C)
I am Sarek, a male dark mage and guardian of the old ways.(D)
I am Freya, a female myrmidon and servant of House Gvanthe.(E)
I am Trail, a male manakete with a dark past.(F)
I am Carleon, a male cavalier in the service of The Drakkian Empire.(G)
---
Darkness and light. Chaos and order. I will be the sword that severs the balance. Behold, the glimmering new world.
#2finaleusPosted 4/26/2013 1:46:27 AM
f
#3RPG_292Posted 4/26/2013 1:51:50 AM
Male manakete?

F!
#4MetaFalconPunchPosted 4/26/2013 4:05:55 AM
RPG_292 posted...
Male manakete?

F!

---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead.
#5DragrathPosted 4/26/2013 4:16:10 AM
I guess f... its different...
#6Cheesepower5Posted 4/26/2013 4:28:24 AM
C. This is gonna be some Final Fantasy III s***, only on dragons. Plus, we haven't had a mounted protagonist yet.

I'm following your CYOA... But not because I like you, or anything! *blush*
---
Official Naga Raja of the Shin Megami Tensei IV Board
Official King Marth of the Fire Emblem: Awakening Board
#7Sanjima_RyukuPosted 4/26/2013 4:35:23 AM
F, Because we need more male manaketes than just Bantu.
And one small complain to TC, can you break into new lines next time? It took me a while to read through everything in your post. >_>
#8ImDaHiTmAnPosted 4/26/2013 5:59:08 AM
F. This should be interesting.
#9bearclaw13Posted 4/26/2013 6:04:36 AM
MetaFalconPunch posted...
RPG_292 posted...
Male manakete?

F!

---
It's game time.
#10SpikayaPosted 4/26/2013 6:53:06 AM
F!
---
FEA Board - Official Husbando of RNG Goddess Anna :3
There was a point to this story, but it has temporarily escaped the chronicler's mind.