Rate the Skill, Paralogue 12: Aether and Paragon

#31MAtt5TERPosted 4/27/2013 12:29:33 AM
Paragon is STRAIGHT UP BETTER than Veteran.

Nah, I agree with this guy:
Paragon doesn't break anything. Only useful for pretty much post game content to help you out to get skills and stats which is nice, but doesn't do much for the main game at all. You break your game by grinding to get paragon, not because of paragon.

Now Veteran, on the other hand, is straight up broken. Level 15 by chapter 5!? That even breaks Lunatic mode!
---
This sentence is as meaningless as you.
#32YinYarnPosted 4/27/2013 5:39:08 AM
Paragon-S.
It gives you 2x experience. Yes, you can technically grind forever without paragon. But it makes such a big difference that I can't rate it any lower.
#33Shadow_Master_JPosted 4/27/2013 7:17:43 AM
S/S Because Shadowgift is A... Just kidding, even though I still can't believe it...

Both A. Aether is great, but low activation chance sucks without Rightful King.

Veteran > Paragon. Veteran is gamebreaking, makes Avatar extremely OP, and comes early (in the first chapter!). Paragon has double effect, but you can't get it during the most important part of the game, its only useful for skill grinding (which is a waste of time if you're not going for the hardest DLCs or Priam's paralogue on Lunatic), and you can live very well without it. Also, they stack for 3 times the experience.
---
If you're reading this, CONGRATULATIONS!! You're wasting your time!!
#34guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 7:27:19 AM
tw1g_007 posted...
A for Aether over all (can be S if you know how FE:A game mechanics work and fully exploit Aether to maximum potential. The bad news is most board members here can't be bothered so it remains A rank.)

S for Paragon

Since this is the last ranking topic, might as well say which skills never deserved A rank IMO:

* Renewal - How many of you really use this skill as a priority? You are all busy using Sol in its place and you are gonna A-rank this? Renewal is a solid B rank skill.

* Shadowgift - Board not knowing any better. A solid B rank skill or maybe even high C.

* Resistance +10 - A solid B-rank skill or maybe high C. How many of you even use this skill as a priority? You are all busy using Aegis to begin with.

Skills that should have been S-rank

* Armsthrift - Its been beaten to death as to reasons why. I won't repeat the countless arguments available already.

* Veteran - Highly debatable but still justifiably S-rank status.

Renewal, unlike Sol, does not get in the way of another offensive proc skill, so sometimes it is a far better choice for the character to be using Renewal + proc than Sol + proc/faire/aggressor.

Shadowgift... people are lowballing this skill for things that are not related to it, but to AversaxAvatar. but i still don't understand how it got an A either (i agree with the rating, but looking at the votes... i re-did it 5 times just to be sure).

Resistance +10 is potentially more available than aegis, can be gotten as a early/mid game fix to many males who lack it, too. Sure, Aegis is better, but that doesn't stop this from being A rank.

Veteran- totally and completely agree with you.

Armsthrift- Waste of a slot unless you are a sorceror, Sniper or swordmaster.
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#35guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 7:28:09 AM
Lurkerkiller posted...
I don't understand people's logic in giving Aether lowish grades.
Comparing it to Sol? Let's be honest, there are 2 characters in the game who aren't spotpass/DLC characters that can have both at the same time.

The first being Lucina and ONLY IF MU is her mother which a lot of times is a waste because as people say, she has Rightful King to go with Aether. I guess if you really want the healing effect more often you could -technically- replace Aether for Sol, but I doubt many would do that.
The second, Morgan who is good either way but you waste Male MU's gene and ability to make another character Morgan.

Now like I said earlier, if your character has this ability, it's more than likely a fact unless they are playing support role, that they are going to use this ability. How does anyone give an ability that they WILL use if they have in almost all situations worth less than S rank?

Sol and Galeforce are abilities some may not consider using, but they are amazing and will usually end up being in a characters set if a character has access to them.

Yes Aether has a fairly low activation rate, doesn't change the fact that if your character has the skill, you will most likely run the skill.

But I'm probably just wasting my time explaining all this since most people are too stupid to think of anything besides activation rates and comparing it to skills that the characters likely won't have access to. That and majority of posters won't both reading others explanation of things before giving their rating.

well, you can get that combo on Inigo too. Marrying Lucina yields Aether!Morgan, so that makes 3 character tops.
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#36guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 7:28:48 AM
SazukeEX posted...
Not really.

Chrom is better off not even using Rightful King or Aether at all and instead going full Support with DG+ and DS+.

Lucina is the best character for Aether as she can have Gale Force and she her stats will always be better than Chrom's.

Chrom won't be doing support the entire game... but yeah, it's better on lucy.
---
Confession Time!
#37LurkerkillerPosted 4/27/2013 7:34:46 AM(edited)
Inigo doesn't get the option to use Aether. The point I was making is that you aren't replacing Aether for Sol unless it's either Morgan or Lucina who has MU has mother.

Also it's 4, you can technically have Chrom!Cynthia or Chrom!Kjelle and then marry Cynthia/Kjelle and have her pass down Aether.
---
LoL NA: Lurkerkiller
SC2 NA: Lurkerkiller.301
#38guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 7:45:13 AM(edited)
Lurkerkiller posted...
Inigo doesn't get the option to use Aether. The point I was making is that you aren't replacing Aether for Sol unless it's either Morgan or Lucina who has MU has mother.

Also it's 4, you can technically have Chrom!Cynthia or Chrom!Kjelle and then marry Cynthia/Kjelle and have her pass down Aether.

wait, Chrom's other daughters will never get Sol. just FeMU's Lucina and Lucina's Daughter...
---
Confession Time!
#39LurkerkillerPosted 4/27/2013 7:51:38 AM
Well like said, only 1 character in the game can get both in a single play through.
A total of 2 max, one being Lucina who has MU as mother, and the other being Morgan, assuming either daughter of Lucina or daughter of Kjelle or Cynthia who has Chrom as their father.

Saying you would rather use Sol instead of Aether is the poorest reason ever because of the above.

If you go with the Lucina route to have her have Sol, she has Rightful King which is one of the things many people say makes Aether usable, which kinda nullifies a persons point in replacing it with a technically worse skill.

If you go with Morgan route, you can, but let's be honest, almost no one is going to do that and they will likely use Aether instead of Sol, if not, they will use both because they do not have Rightful King to take another skill placement.
---
LoL NA: Lurkerkiller
SC2 NA: Lurkerkiller.301
#40SazukeEXPosted 4/27/2013 7:52:34 AM
If I don't have Rightful King too than yes, I would rather use Sol than Aether for more reliability.
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.