Rate the Skill, Paralogue 12: Aether and Paragon

#41LurkerkillerPosted 4/27/2013 8:55:00 AM
SazukeEX posted...
If I don't have Rightful King too than yes, I would rather use Sol than Aether for more reliability.

The thing is, someone like you are smart enough to realize if you need healing power you will use Sol over Aether, but because you are smart enough to realize this, you also realize that making a third gen Morgan just to get Aether is also a waste because Morgan doesn't need it.

The only situation where someone technically should have Sol and Aether on a character is when they are a FeMU marrying Chrom.
---
LoL NA: Lurkerkiller
SC2 NA: Lurkerkiller.301
#42guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 8:57:56 AM
^that's a sound argument... if you are Chrom/Lucina!Morgan, who can just iognore both for a superior sorceror build.

Kjelle an Cynthia will never get sol from Chrom. in fact, Kjelle will have no healing skill (Cynthia can still get Renewal).
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#43RedMageKirbyPosted 4/27/2013 9:35:17 AM
Aether: A. It's good, but not S good.
Paragon: B. It makes grinding suck less.
---
~RMK~
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#44tw1g_007Posted 4/27/2013 11:23:03 AM
guedesbrawl posted...
tw1g_007 posted...
A for Aether over all (can be S if you know how FE:A game mechanics work and fully exploit Aether to maximum potential. The bad news is most board members here can't be bothered so it remains A rank.)

S for Paragon

Since this is the last ranking topic, might as well say which skills never deserved A rank IMO:

* Renewal - How many of you really use this skill as a priority? You are all busy using Sol in its place and you are gonna A-rank this? Renewal is a solid B rank skill.

* Shadowgift - Board not knowing any better. A solid B rank skill or maybe even high C.

* Resistance +10 - A solid B-rank skill or maybe high C. How many of you even use this skill as a priority? You are all busy using Aegis to begin with.

Skills that should have been S-rank

* Armsthrift - Its been beaten to death as to reasons why. I won't repeat the countless arguments available already.

* Veteran - Highly debatable but still justifiably S-rank status.

Renewal, unlike Sol, does not get in the way of another offensive proc skill, so sometimes it is a far better choice for the character to be using Renewal + proc than Sol + proc/faire/aggressor.

Shadowgift... people are lowballing this skill for things that are not related to it, but to AversaxAvatar. but i still don't understand how it got an A either (i agree with the rating, but looking at the votes... i re-did it 5 times just to be sure).

Resistance +10 is potentially more available than aegis, can be gotten as a early/mid game fix to many males who lack it, too. Sure, Aegis is better, but that doesn't stop this from being A rank.

Veteran- totally and completely agree with you.

Armsthrift- Waste of a slot unless you are a sorceror, Sniper or swordmaster.

Tell me when Renewal is absolutely necessary over the numerous A/S-rank options you can place on a character? Oh I can tell you only one case I found and that is soloing with a Sorcerer/Manakete Morgan on Lunatic+ amidst all the insane amount of Counter users. But this was a case of me being stubborn and insisting on soloing these maps when I could just as easily have placed maybe one or two galeforce pairs and cleaned house. Basically what I am saying is, such "extreme cases" are completely unnecessary which makes Renewal completely pointless.

This game is heavily focused on offense to begin with and even if you opt to use "defensive" sets, you almost always never even bother with Renewal. You are too busy using stuff like Aegis/Pavise, Vantage, and Sol. Then the other two slots are relegated to Limit Breaker (a must) and an innate buffering or utility skill. If Renewal isn't a priority like... 90% of the time, why should it be A-rank? Exactly.

Res+10 being gotten early doesn't justify its A-rank placement either. Sure you get it early only to replace it eventually anyway. I am not saying its a bad skill either. Its decent but not even close to high priority. So many other A-rank skills are fighting for spots and you are going to consider Res+10? Please tell me one situation you will EVER use Res+10 to begin with because guess what? Optimized sets will hardly ever contain this skill.
---
Fire Emblem Awakening is the BEST thing that ever happened to the 3DS and yet people on GameFAQs abuse their 3DS by having SEX with it
#45tw1g_007Posted 4/27/2013 11:26:04 AM
Now all of this aside, I really have to commend you regardless for taking the time and effort to make this ranking system. Even if I feel its flawed in certain aspects, I still like the fact its roughly maybe 75%-80% accurate which is pretty impressive given the lack of informed nature with this board.

So yea, good job.
---
Fire Emblem Awakening is the BEST thing that ever happened to the 3DS and yet people on GameFAQs abuse their 3DS by having SEX with it
#46guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 11:46:12 AM
tw1g_007 posted...
guedesbrawl posted...

Renewal, unlike Sol, does not get in the way of another offensive proc skill, so sometimes it is a far better choice for the character to be using Renewal + proc than Sol + proc/faire/aggressor.

Shadowgift... people are lowballing this skill for things that are not related to it, but to AversaxAvatar. but i still don't understand how it got an A either (i agree with the rating, but looking at the votes... i re-did it 5 times just to be sure).

Resistance +10 is potentially more available than aegis, can be gotten as a early/mid game fix to many males who lack it, too. Sure, Aegis is better, but that doesn't stop this from being A rank.

Veteran- totally and completely agree with you.

Armsthrift- Waste of a slot unless you are a sorceror, Sniper or swordmaster.

Tell me when Renewal is absolutely necessary over the numerous A/S-rank options you can place on a character? Oh I can tell you only one case I found and that is soloing with a Sorcerer/Manakete Morgan on Lunatic+ amidst all the insane amount of Counter users. But this was a case of me being stubborn and insisting on soloing these maps when I could just as easily have placed maybe one or two galeforce pairs and cleaned house. Basically what I am saying is, such "extreme cases" are completely unnecessary which makes Renewal completely pointless.

This game is heavily focused on offense to begin with and even if you opt to use "defensive" sets, you almost always never even bother with Renewal. You are too busy using stuff like Aegis/Pavise, Vantage, and Sol. Then the other two slots are relegated to Limit Breaker (a must) and an innate buffering or utility skill. If Renewal isn't a priority like... 90% of the time, why should it be A-rank? Exactly.

Res+10 being gotten early doesn't justify its A-rank placement either. Sure you get it early only to replace it eventually anyway. I am not saying its a bad skill either. Its decent but not even close to high priority. So many other A-rank skills are fighting for spots and you are going to consider Res+10? Please tell me one situation you will EVER use Res+10 to begin with because guess what? Optimized sets will hardly ever contain this skill.

you want to know an example where renewal can be used? I'll give you an example where it's BETTER than Sol: TSON. Also, lead units need to have a healing skill, sol is has crap availability when compared to renewal.

As i said, sol gets in the way of luna, ignis, astra and vengeance. Support units with galeforce (meant to kill once and support in enemy phase) are ALSO much better off with renewal (lifetaker's better than both in this case), because they need to be reliable killers, where they will need a high % proc. their lead probably will have 0 dual support skills, too.

Vantage is total crap outside of it's full set, and not many characters have the class sets to pull that off, and even less characters can have both pavise and aegis (when you count those that should be sorcerors and laugh at those skills), a set that's totally unnecessary unless you are running with a tanker nah (who should have renewal and luna too).

while, i don't remember if i said it before, i think that aegis is superior, it's availability isn't high. It's very highly useful during the main game, something you SHOULD consider, and can replace aegis if needed. Just because it IS inferior to Aegis, they can't be on the same tier.

Perhaps if you had read the last xenologue's OP, you might have used your last nomination for another revote. but you nominated something +2...
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#47guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 11:47:33 AM
tw1g_007 posted...
Now all of this aside, I really have to commend you regardless for taking the time and effort to make this ranking system. Even if I feel its flawed in certain aspects, I still like the fact its roughly maybe 75%-80% accurate which is pretty impressive given the lack of informed nature with this board.

So yea, good job.

well, thanks!

... this is not the last topic, though, so you better polish that post for a latter date! ha... just kidding...
---
Confession Time!
#48NidtendofreakPosted 4/27/2013 2:13:28 PM(edited)
S/B

EDIT: And for fun

Overrated Skills:
Limit Break
Vantage

Deliverer
Shadowgift
Paragon
Movement +1
Bowbreaker
Miracle
Iote's Shield
Discipline
Relief
Quick Burn

Underrated Skills:
Veteran, would also be in large text if that was a thing here
Armsthrift
Pavise
Axebreaker
Lancebreaker
Tomebreaker
Dual Support+
Lethality
Resistance +2

Bold is biggest offenders
---
And so begins a tale of vengeance and betrayal. Destiny by sinner sought. Tragedy by power wrought. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.
#49Pitbuller_26Posted 4/27/2013 2:12:23 PM(edited)
Aether: A
If it was triggered like Sol/Luna/Ignis, then it would be an S...but it's not.

Paragon: S

I really don't want to spend more time than I have to grinding out for resistance, Paragon does just that. I'm still salty that people downgraded Veteran to an A.
---
http://kzemo.com/rotate/pitbuller26-1268.png http://kzemo.com/rotate/pitbuller26-2062.png http://kzemo.com/rotate/pitbuller26-1750.png
#50SazukeEXPosted 4/27/2013 2:15:14 PM
Renewal is not better even for TSON than Sol.

By than you'll have at least a half competent staffer. Aversa's Night + Sol is also an amazing thing to have as well.
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.