Random character play through!

#1OsrangerPosted 4/26/2013 7:11:56 PM
Hello! Lunatic is too difficult for me to do without DLC since I refuse to solo and I can't buy any. Instead, I am going to do a variation on hard difficulty where I only use characters that get = to or higher than X as a die roll. Post what you think X should be. I am using a 1-6 die.
---
Those are brave men out there. Let's go kill them!
-Tyrion Lannister, Clash of Kings
#2jonnovision1Posted 4/26/2013 7:20:17 PM(edited)

edit: with the condition that you can use characters that join mid-stage automatically (but only for that stage)
---
"Reinforcements? I am the Reinforcements."
PKMN Black FC: 0261 9500 8363
#3KevinCCPosted 4/27/2013 12:02:02 AM
I have a variant:

Use everyone... BUT roll that die for everyone for each map. Only those who get a 6 go onto the map, and you start over from the top of the list until -all- slots are filled.

At least you'll always have Chrom on the field, so there's someone who's decently leveled.
---
Kissed-by-fire Emblem: You know nothing, Prince Chrom.
#4Czar_YoshiPosted 4/27/2013 12:05:46 AM
Why not do it so that you must use whatever units the game considers to have the lowest ranking? Obviously, nobody is allowed to die because then you could just kill off whoever you don't want to use.
---
"it's that game that is so great it makes you want to destroy your Toilet." -Throwback2780
#5Osranger(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 9:28:48 AM
Because these would be the only characters I can use the entire game. I tend only use specific characters, and this forces me to use ones I don't use.

Here is what I rolled for this morning. Only put them here if I got a six. Rolled for them in order that they appear.

6 or above

Chrom: no roll
FeMu: odd male, even female
Fredrick: Jeigen
Stahl: use
Panne: just for getting Yarne
Libra: occasionally use
Olivia: don't use
Cherche: don't use
Basilio: don't use
Flavia: don't use

Children: the odds for getting children besides Morgan and Lucina were slim so I just left them if they were available.

Lucina
FeMorgan
Yarne
Inigo
Gerome
---
Those are brave men out there. Let's go kill them!
-Tyrion Lannister, Clash of Kings