Anyone who's beaten Lunatic+, come here please

#1RemixDeluxePosted 4/26/2013 8:53:39 PM(edited)
I made a topic before about some problems passing the 1st 4 chapters. I was advised on using this guide but it doesn't emphasize on whether its to help for the rest of the game or just for the 1st 4 chapters.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/65611211

I really don't care about optimizing Robin and I just wanna blow right through the beginning so I can endlessly grind like I did my first time around with Lunatic. Does having the Frederick/Chrom pair up give me the highest chance of succeeding through these chapters? Again I want to stress the fact that I want to get through the 1st 4 cause I got all the DLC at my disposal to help my other units.

P.S. does restarting the save file each time give me a different stat build for other units like Chrom or Frederick, like if they got 6 STR can I restart the save file for them to get a higher starting build?
---
It all starts with this, a jewel containing the ultimate power.
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#2tw1g_007Posted 4/26/2013 8:53:05 PM
I've beaten Lunatic+ 5-6 separate times and I can tell you that Fred/Chrom, if you know what your doing, is easily the best method.

I have timed myself from my 3rd trials and the fastest time I went through Ch1-4 was roughly 30-35 mins with good RNG skill distribution on my side.
---
Fire Emblem Awakening is the BEST thing that ever happened to the 3DS and yet people on GameFAQs abuse their 3DS by having SEX with it
#3RemixDeluxe(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 8:55:57 PM
tw1g_007 posted...
I've beaten Lunatic+ 5-6 separate times and I can tell you that Fred/Chrom, if you know what your doing, is easily the best method.

I have timed myself from my 3rd trials and the fastest time I went through Ch1-4 was roughly 30-35 mins with good RNG skill distribution on my side.

I knew it I f****** knew it. There was no way I was ready to believe that Robin is best suited for those beginning chapters.

Also for each level up that Freddy gets, what stats am I looking to get? HP/STR/SPD/DEF?
---
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#4antipousPosted 4/26/2013 9:00:37 PM
Remixdeluxe posted...
tw1g_007 posted...

I knew it I f****** knew it. There was no way I was ready to believe that Robin is best suited for those beginning chapters.

Also for each level up that Freddy gets, what stats am I looking to get? HP/STR/SPD/DEF?

Yeah, Fred/Chrom works well. I think that speed and def are the most important stats to be getting. Strength is good, but kind of a double-edged sword, because enemies start getting counter in chapter 3.
#5tw1g_007Posted 4/26/2013 9:03:09 PM(edited)
Remixdeluxe posted...
tw1g_007 posted...

Yea ignore people saying Robin is best. Sure he levels up more easily but that is more increased variance on when you need to reset if you get bad level ups. That will be especially annoying in CH2.

Anyway you really should go for DEF/SPD mostly. STR/HP help but don't really matter as much. Doubling is a major factor and in early stages STR won't really be a big determiner. IMO. SPD/DEF first priority but getting SPD/STR is good to.

Edit: You almost always get HP level ups so I wouldn't worry about HP as much. Although if you get +2 HP at one point then that is a pretty big deal (you'd have to be lucky as hell though).
---
Fire Emblem Awakening is the BEST thing that ever happened to the 3DS and yet people on GameFAQs abuse their 3DS by having SEX with it
#6EnfusionistPosted 4/26/2013 9:03:06 PM
I've beaten Lunatic+ (only once since I am *still* maxing out every character's stats/skills). I didn't use any strategy guides or whatnot, but as mentioned above, the first 6 chapters of my playthrough were controlled almost entirely by the Chrom+Frederick duo.

For Stat gains, I feel like I remember that Speed was sometimes important for Frederick so that he wouldn't be double-attacked by Risen in Chapter 1. I'm not 100% on that memory, but it can't hurt to have it. However, I never actually reset my game based on stat-gains. If I was lucky enough to make it far enough into the chapter to secure a victory, I didn't care for the stat gains. I'd rather just accept what I got instead of restarting and restarting just to find another lucky set of bad skills on the opponents.
#7tw1g_007Posted 4/26/2013 9:05:56 PM
Oh and I forgot to mention. +SPD is pretty important all the way going into CH 2. Then you can now be less OCD about stat gains by this point. I would get an additional +SPD boost to ensure you double in CH 3 though. I just know you level up twice in CH 2 if anything. The first level up comes pretty early so its reset friendly.
---
#8RemixDeluxe(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 9:06:26 PM
After hearing your advice I feel much more inspired to try this again. I have just one more question to ask.

Should I be aiming to get anything special from event tiles such as weapons that can aid me later or stat boosters or is this not worth worrying about at all?
---
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#9IceDissolverPosted 4/26/2013 9:13:29 PM
You really want Speed and Defense. But getting Strength can be pretty important too.

Chapter 1: +1 Str/Speed from base lets Fred ORKO Ch 2's Fighters and 2RKO Myrmidons with Bronze Sword.

Chapter 2: +2 Str/Speed from base w/ C Chrom support lets Fred ORKO Soldiers w/Iron Axe.

Chapter 3: +4 Str and +4 Speed from base w/ B Chrom and A Lances lets Fred ORKO all Soldiers and Archers with Javelin. +3 Str from base fails to ORKO the Soldiers sometimes...

Chapter 4: lol Chapter 4. You have Tonics, renown items and spotpass stuff now.
#10tw1g_007Posted 4/26/2013 9:14:54 PM
Remixdeluxe posted...
After hearing your advice I feel much more inspired to try this again. I have just one more question to ask.

Should I be aiming to get anything special from event tiles such as weapons that can aid me later or stat boosters or is this not worth worrying about at all?

I wouldn't really bother to be honest. In one of my numerous play throughs, I remember focusing on resets just to score a Tiki's Tear or an amazing C-rank Lance. That took forever and would have been better spent just playing the game lol.

I will say this though, if you do score Tiki's Tear then it makes CH2 or CH3 a walk in the park. I would use it for CH2 personally because I find it to be the hardest chapter in the entire game on Lunatic+ without throwing TSON in the mix.
---