Anyone who's beaten Lunatic+, come here please

#21yakman623Posted 4/28/2013 8:14:19 PM
Here is what I did and it might help you since you have superior lance

What I did is attack the right first. Why? Because you can actually take them out faster than the left leaving you time more to deal with 4 on the left side rather than struggling to take out the four on the left and immediately having to fight the five guys on right.

1. Reset till no one on right has counter

2. Remember that none of the enemies will move till you get into their attack range. Use the first turn to grab Kellam and back into safety and separate. move Sumia to the most top right spot (out of enemy attack range of course). Now she is in range to move in the bushes right under the archer on the right. move everyone as close as possible to the right without getting in attack range.

3. Turn 2 pair fred with sumia and best lance and move in to kill archer on right. make sure your other units are not in attack range but as close as possible to the right. If you gave fred good level ups the four guys left on the right will impale themselves on his spear, or almost die, especially with superior lance 1 or 2 of them should miss.

4. Next turn with the help of your weak support and Chrom you should be able to finish the right side off easily and have time to prepare for the four guys on left.

5. heal fred up and switch his support back to chrom if you want, wait till the archers get in range and kill one on your turn. if the knight or soldier have counter put kellam out there paired with sumia or avatar to be decoy. you might want to remove his weapon depening on what skills they have so he wont get countered, you just need him to survive.

6. Don't be afraid to sacrifice one of the dudes (not girls!) especially if your avatar is male, you will still have enough genes to make all the kids

7. once you have bottom cleared gather all your weak units around the bottom of the stairs before you go up. lure the enemy one by one, make sure only one is able to attack at all times while retreating down the stairs. if they have counter lure them down to bottom where your weak units can gank them and have fred deal final blow in the way to protect them.

8. boss is cake

Easiest strategy I found to come out with everyone alive and not dependent on an uber avatar
#22RemixDeluxe(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 8:56:38 PM
yakman623 posted...
Here is what I did and it might help you since you have superior lance

What I did is attack the right first. Why? Because you can actually take them out faster than the left leaving you time more to deal with 4 on the left side rather than struggling to take out the four on the left and immediately having to fight the five guys on right.

1. Reset till no one on right has counter

2. Remember that none of the enemies will move till you get into their attack range. Use the first turn to grab Kellam and back into safety and separate. move Sumia to the most top right spot (out of enemy attack range of course). Now she is in range to move in the bushes right under the archer on the right. move everyone as close as possible to the right without getting in attack range.

3. Turn 2 pair fred with sumia and best lance and move in to kill archer on right. make sure your other units are not in attack range but as close as possible to the right. If you gave fred good level ups the four guys left on the right will impale themselves on his spear, or almost die, especially with superior lance 1 or 2 of them should miss.

4. Next turn with the help of your weak support and Chrom you should be able to finish the right side off easily and have time to prepare for the four guys on left.

5. heal fred up and switch his support back to chrom if you want, wait till the archers get in range and kill one on your turn. if the knight or soldier have counter put kellam out there paired with sumia or avatar to be decoy. you might want to remove his weapon depening on what skills they have so he wont get countered, you just need him to survive.

6. Don't be afraid to sacrifice one of the dudes (not girls!) especially if your avatar is male, you will still have enough genes to make all the kids

7. once you have bottom cleared gather all your weak units around the bottom of the stairs before you go up. lure the enemy one by one, make sure only one is able to attack at all times while retreating down the stairs. if they have counter lure them down to bottom where your weak units can gank them and have fred deal final blow in the way to protect them.

8. boss is cake

Easiest strategy I found to come out with everyone alive and not dependent on an uber avatar

I'll put this into action when I get home from work. Thank you for taking the time to post this.
---
It all starts with this, a jewel containing the ultimate power.
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#23PikachuPosted 4/29/2013 4:39:00 PM
Remixdeluxe posted...
The 2nd and 4th step seems to contradict each other since you can only move a character once per turn unless he meant on my next turn. Furthermore I cant see how its possible to keep both Sumia and Kellam safe while I'm doing all this, I dont think I can kill the enemies fast in time before they get killed.

Ah sorry, I just Google'd for a guide since I didn't remember chapter 3 on Lunatic/+ too well and assumed every step was correct from the TC's response in that topic, though I guess he just meant the part about circling around the map. It didn't make much sense to me either since you can keep the enemies from moving on turn 1, but I made it to chapter 3 on Lunatic+ today and see what you mean even more now. I found another topic where Westbrick said that you may as well restart Lunatic+ if no one but Frederick was raised, which is certainly incorrect. I'm not blaming him for my error here though, that's clearly my fault.

I don't really have anything helpful to add, but Frederick+Chrom also seems to be more effective than Frederick+Kellam, unlike what he said.
---
Pika!
#24RemixDeluxe(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 12:04:45 PM
I'm still stuck on chapter 3 btw. I'm trying my best to get through but the enemy just gets a lucky shot and its all over.
---
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#25RemixDeluxe(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 8:53:25 PM(edited)
Advice needed

I just beat all of the enemies on the lower half of the map (I'm afraid I'll never get this again)

Would it be wise to lure all the enemies away from the top of the map to the bottom as I quickly get to the other door on the other side to the commander and use an iron axe? Would I really need that hammer from that enemy thats holding it?

I checked the commander and she does not have Counter (thank god), however she does have vantage and hawkeye.
---
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#26Roark17Posted 4/30/2013 9:17:48 PM
Remixdeluxe posted...
Advice needed

I just beat all of the enemies on the lower half of the map (I'm afraid I'll never get this again)

Would it be wise to lure all the enemies away from the top of the map to the bottom as I quickly get to the other door on the other side to the commander and use an iron axe? Would I really need that hammer from that enemy thats holding it?

I checked the commander and she does not have Counter (thank god), however she does have vantage and hawkeye.

The two northern knights can be pulled without pulling ANY other enemy unit. Kill them each one a time (yes, this means taking a bunch of turns to move your forces from one side to another). After they're both dead, pull the top 6(?) units by letting them crash into Frederick ONE-BY-ONE, while you run laps around the map.

This is the safest way to do it. Just watch out for the Hammer dude. Frederick(Kellam) should be able to soak ONE Hammer hit.
#27RemixDeluxe(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 9:23:29 PM
Roark17 posted...
Remixdeluxe posted...
Advice needed

The two northern knights can be pulled without pulling ANY other enemy unit. Kill them each one a time (yes, this means taking a bunch of turns to move your forces from one side to another). After they're both dead, pull the top 6(?) units by letting them crash into Frederick ONE-BY-ONE, while you run laps around the map.

This is the safest way to do it. Just watch out for the Hammer dude. Frederick(Kellam) should be able to soak ONE Hammer hit.

Do you think I need that hammer to take down the commander?
---
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#28RemixDeluxe(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 9:35:41 PM
F***

The hammer guy just one shot me. How am I gonna stop that?
---
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#29Roark17Posted 4/30/2013 9:47:04 PM
Remixdeluxe posted...
F***

Depends on what skills he has. Pavise+, Luna+, Counter, and Hawkeye will all individually alter how to best deal with him.

And you don't "need" anything to kill the boss. But having the Hammer helps depending on what skills the boss has.
#30RemixDeluxe(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 9:50:04 PM
Roark17 posted...
Remixdeluxe posted...
F***

Depends on what skills he has. Pavise+, Luna+, Counter, and Hawkeye will all individually alter how to best deal with him.

And you don't "need" anything to kill the boss. But having the Hammer helps depending on what skills the boss has.

The RNG has never been on my side so with my luck it will probably end up having Counter. I did like your idea a lot about luring the enemies one by one. I just need a strategy of some sort to take down the hammer unit. I just dont know what.
---
-Shadow the Hedgehog