Questions on the "Counter" Skill.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Questions on the "Counter" Skill.
2 years ago#21
Hmm... I'll definitely be re-thinking my Streetpass plans... X l

It seems I understand less than I thought. Lack of 4th dimensional thinking, I guess...

So how does Lifetaker work when placed in a Streetpass team? My assumption was that on the first round, enemy team would attack my max-stat group, relatively lightly damage them, then Henry, Cordelia, My main character, Lon'qu, Lucina, Inigo, Morgan, Nah, Severa and Owain (If I chose him over Gaius) would all fight back with (Respectfully), Lethality/Counter/Lifetaker, Sol/Vengeance/Tomefaire/Lifetaker, Lethality/Ignis/Counter/Vengeance/Lifetaker, Lethality/Swordfaire/Astra/Vantage, Aether/Tomefaire, (Didn't have Inigo, Nah, Severa or Owain worked out yet...) and Morgan with about the same as her dad, then Gaius with Lethality/Astra/Counter/Sol/Swordfaire.

Most of them I'd intended to have Galeforce either as their own, or an inherited skill so they'd wipe out the entire battlefield in a turn and a half, but now I'm unsure. Inigo and Lucina with Galeforce was pretty exciting to me. :l
---
Once upon a time, I ate your hamster this morning.
2 years ago#22
I also may as well ask this too,

How exactly does Galeforce work when pitted against a Streetpass team?
---
2 years ago#23
As others have said TC, don't bother with Lifetaker or Galeforce. If one of your characters gets a kill, most will restart INSTANTLY. On streetpass, those skills are as useless as slowburn.

If you want to use a healing skill, use either Sol, or Renewal, and both are still bad for streetpass. (sol will barely do anything, and your units probably won't live long enough for renewal to matter).
---
PSN: Devil_Killer_JCS
biohazardmercenaries.com
2 years ago#24
Thanks RDS1!
---
Brawl FC: 1032-0931-6818
2 years ago#25
enemy team would attack my max-stat group, relatively lightly damage them

You have to assume that the enemy team will have equal or better stats than you, because somebody you encounter will. So, what do you against a team that has the same stats as you?
---
This sentence is as meaningless as you.
2 years ago#26
MAtt5TER posted...
enemy team would attack my max-stat group, relatively lightly damage them

You have to assume that the enemy team will have equal or better stats than you, because somebody you encounter will. So, what do you against a team that has the same stats as you?

The majority of my team will have Lethality, and partnered with the best weapons I can get (Such as Brave Swords/Tomes/etc.) forged to have an even higher MT and Crit. than normal, I haven't been too worried about the other person.

Though it's starting to seem not too exciting to be of such a power... Might I ask the point of even preparing a strong Streetpass team?
---
2 years ago#27
imo
basically you are going for the cheap kill, cuz you can't expect the computer to be smart about it. Your goal is to maximize the chance of your opponent getting RNG screwed.
vantage, counter, miracle, lethality and vengeance are all pretty cheap. Luna, astra, ignis, pavis+aegis, and breaker (to break weapon triangle) are all good too. Computer is also capable of using rally bot, so have those as well.

like people said, galeforce and lifetaker are great when you are the one controlling the units, but completely useless on a streetpass team cuz people just reset if someone do die.
same thing for any skill for pair up, cuz the computer don't use them.

Also try to avoid classes that have weakness, or do something about those weakness, i.e. swordbreaker on someone w/ dragon weakness, etc.
---
I need a sharp instrument... or blunt, blunt is good, too.
- Chisame Hasegawa, Negima (Del Rey TL)
2 years ago#28
MisterMyster614 posted...
Might I ask the point of even preparing a strong Streetpass team?

to drink their delicious tear of rage
or enjoy the sound of curses filling the air :P
---
I need a sharp instrument... or blunt, blunt is good, too.
- Chisame Hasegawa, Negima (Del Rey TL)
2 years ago#29
Primum_Mobile posted...
imo
basically you are going for the cheap kill, cuz you can't expect the computer to be smart about it. Your goal is to maximize the chance of your opponent getting RNG screwed.
vantage, counter, miracle, lethality and vengeance are all pretty cheap. Luna, astra, ignis, pavis+aegis, and breaker (to break weapon triangle) are all good too. Computer is also capable of using rally bot, so have those as well.

like people said, galeforce and lifetaker are great when you are the one controlling the units, but completely useless on a streetpass team cuz people just reset if someone do die.
same thing for any skill for pair up, cuz the computer don't use them.

Also try to avoid classes that have weakness, or do something about those weakness, i.e. swordbreaker on someone w/ dragon weakness, etc.

As a note, the only one you really have to watch for is that Dragon weakness.
Hammers aren't all that great, neither are Beast Killers, but there ARE Exalted Falchions out there. Those can **** a dragon up.
So can Book of Naga, but it's a lot rarer.
Fliers? IOTES.
---
http://i.imgur.com/hbgVYTg.png
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8572968/1/Project-Ignition
2 years ago#30
Primum_Mobile posted...
MisterMyster614 posted...
Might I ask the point of even preparing a strong Streetpass team?

to drink their delicious tear of rage
or enjoy the sound of curses filling the air :P

All I keep hearing is that my rival will only reset if they were unable to beat me. Either they don't beat me and reset, or they do beat me and move on with their lives. It seems a bit pointless when you have that sort of outlook...
---
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Questions on the "Counter" Skill.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived