Why is reinforcement mechanic implemented so badly?

#1DarcosPosted 4/27/2013 4:07:51 AM
How is it fair that an enemy can pop out of nowhere and act before I can either move my fragile or wounded units away. I know they always come from stairs, summon circles or forts, but I can't prepare for the coming every turn or I can never advance or move away from those areas.

And don't ESPECIALLY tell me to just memorize to use a walkthrough. If I need to do either I can easily say the flaw is in the game and not me.

Why couldn't it only spawn them after enemy has moved and attacked or at least show some warning that they're about to spawn. I never feel like it's my fault someone dies if game just decides to spawn enemies close to my healers.
---
"Level 80 achievement is to hard for level 79s, nerf it"
The "greatest" whinerquote of all time.
#2EnfusionistPosted 4/27/2013 4:10:46 AM
Don't they usually give a warning on the turn before the reinforcements come in? It's usually a good time to pair up the weak / heal the injured on that turn.
#3Darcos(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 4:12:06 AM
They might say they're coming, but then they keep coming some turns but not during some and I can never say where they come from. Especially on the later turns when I'm headed for boss and it spawn enemies right next to him.
---
#4smash fanaticPosted 4/27/2013 4:13:55 AM
Think of it as the game's way of telling you that durability is 100 times more important than offense until postgame content.
---
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x180/smashfanatic/DEALL.gif http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x180/smashfanatic/DEALR.gif
#5MilenninPosted 4/27/2013 4:15:15 AM
Lol, just got Mirabelle killed by the 3 Wyvern reinforcements in one of the early missions. They came without warning. Felt cheap...
---
Dream as if you will live forever, live as if you will die today
#6banjo kazooiePosted 4/27/2013 4:19:06 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7Darcos(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 4:19:08 AM
Or how about last mission. I clear enemies next to boss, thinking now they can take his attack. Then game spawns in 4 more, they all attack Chrom and I lose.
---
#8Darcos(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 4:19:57 AM
and yea, final boss outright says the reinforcements are infinite in that mission.
---
#9DemiseEndPosted 4/27/2013 4:21:24 AM
Theres anyone that did NOT finish the final chapter in one turn?

Huh
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#10almostexactlyPosted 4/27/2013 4:22:21 AM
It's the classic way of spawning reinforcements (pre FE7). It was probably nostalgic (in the way a kick in the face can be nostalgic) to people who played the older FEs.

I think the most terrifying moment for me was Laurent's map. No warning, desert stage, tons of guys (especially Pegasus Knights) spawning from every corner of the map. It was like Chapter 16 on steroids.