I accidentally married two characters. *Slight Spoilers*

#21soma2035Posted 4/27/2013 10:08:41 PM
Okamiaku posted...
Its not so bad, Chrom x Avatar is one of the best combos in the game for their childrens stats.

Lucina and Morgan will be pretty powerful along with having access to all classes and gaining Aether and Rightful King skills.

1) Statwise, it ranges from decent to terrible for Lucina (depending on asset/flaw), and is always mediocre for Morgan. Chrom's stats are unimpressive to say the least.

2) Morgan and Lucina do not get access to all classes. You miss all the special classes (Taguel, Dancer, Villager, and most notably, Manakete) except Lord on Lucina - Morgan doesn't even inherit Lord.

3) Since Morgan doesn't inherit Lord and never gets Aether from Chrom (Chrom will always pass RK to a son), and Morgan has enough of a skill pool that RK is worthless on him in the end-game, Morgan gets absolutely nothing of value from Chrom. Lucina isn't getting much either, as between RK / Aether / LB she only has two slots left. One of which is likely Galeforce, the other Astra or Lethality, both of which Olivia offers.

Pairing Chrom and female avatar is easily the most popular way of ruining your potential best unit's endgame value, and it doesn't even benefit Lucina that much.
---
To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption,that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...
#22LuminozeroPosted 4/28/2013 12:39:27 AM
soma2035 posted...
Pairing Chrom and female avatar is easily the most popular way of ruining your potential best unit's endgame value, and it doesn't even benefit Lucina that much.

Huh, my Morgan and Lucina would tend to disagree. Your total Min-Maxing Ignorance aside, it leads to a MUCH better storyline.

Also Lucina having Ignis is actually very powerful with her activation rate. She'll either activate that or Aether on almost every attack. Since mine is a Great Lord currently, she uses Lances. Including that nice IR Lance with 1-2 range that acts as an infinite use Elixer. Even against any foe that could hypothetically hurt me without counter, she can just full heal every turn.

You can min max to avoid thinking, but even the toughest DLC doesn't require 'ONE' party to win. There are many different ways to reach the goal, pick the one you like.
---
It's Vaike time!
#23OkamiakuPosted 4/28/2013 8:32:31 AM
jonnovision1 posted...
Okamiaku posted...
hereforemnant posted...
Okamiaku posted...
Its not so bad, Chrom x Avatar is one of the best combos in the game for their childrens stats.

Lucina and Morgan will be pretty powerful along with having access to all classes and gaining Aether and Rightful King skills.

Umm i don't know what either of those skills are, or who those people are, but i'll trust you when you say it's a good combo ha. But her name was Lucina i remember, so time for some studying it seems.

Chrom always has a Daughter named Lucina, while your main character always has a kid named Morgan whos the opposite gender you are so you would get a male Morgan.
Chrom can pass two unique skills to his kids called Aether and Rightful King, while your main character passes on the ability to change to any class IE just about any skill they need to use they can learn.

Its actualy the easiest and one of the strongest combos you can do in the game for children plus the romance makes sense as opposed to some of the others. Though it certainly does make the games mythology weird but thats spoilers you will learn in time.

Just a FYI, you have Olivia and Sumia open to new partners now since those are the favorites for Chrom in most peoples games. I cant say for Olivia but Sumia pairs good with Henry.

it's funny that you mention spoilers since the fact that the children are usable at all is a spoiler

Kids are not much of a spoiler say as to explain what those marks on Chrom/Lucina, Morgan and MU are.
---
- Black Shuck - Member of Black Hounds Hunting team
I walk the Darkest of Paths, that of Eternal Death..
#24NewbieN00bPosted 4/28/2013 8:37:58 AM
Luminozero posted...
soma2035 posted...

Huh, my Morgan and Lucina would tend to disagree. Your total Min-Maxing Ignorance aside, it leads to a MUCH better storyline.

Also Lucina having Ignis is actually very powerful with her activation rate. She'll either activate that or Aether on almost every attack. Since mine is a Great Lord currently, she uses Lances. Including that nice IR Lance with 1-2 range that acts as an infinite use Elixer. Even against any foe that could hypothetically hurt me without counter, she can just full heal every turn.

You can min max to avoid thinking, but even the toughest DLC doesn't require 'ONE' party to win. There are many different ways to reach the goal, pick the one you like.

You sour because he doesn't like your favorite pairing, or something?
---
Give me all teh FE D':
#25LuminozeroPosted 4/28/2013 10:29:24 AM
It's actually not about the pairing. You are entitled to play the way you like, I am sure their are plenty of ways to win.

But people who talk about 'One True Way' to play the game always piss me off. It's the same logic behind cookie cutter builds in MMOs, or Stat Twinking in P&P games.

People should play games the way they want to, not the 'calculated best possible way.' Find what works for you and go with it.
---
It's Vaike time!
#26soma2035Posted 4/28/2013 10:55:50 AM(edited)
Luminozero posted...
soma2035 posted...

I never said you require one party to win. I said that the pairing you chose ruins Morgan's endgame value.

Show me a skill build on Lucina that's not inferior to another skill build that Olivia!Lucina can run that can not be run better on another child character.

Luminozero posted...
It's actually not about the pairing. You are entitled to play the way you like, I am sure their are plenty of ways to win.

But people who talk about 'One True Way' to play the game always piss me off. It's the same logic behind cookie cutter builds in MMOs, or Stat Twinking in P&P games.

People should play games the way they want to, not the 'calculated best possible way.' Find what works for you and go with it.

He asked for ADVICE. Telling him a pairing is good when it isn't is not proper advice. No one is telling you what you should and shouldn't do, I'm just telling you that what you chose to do is bad and you shouldn't tell other people to do it when they ask for a good path to take.

---
To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption,that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...
#27LuminozeroPosted 4/28/2013 11:01:03 AM
soma2035 posted...
I'm just telling you that what you chose to do is bad and you shouldn't tell other people to do it when they ask for a good path to take.

Funny, sounds almost like you were reiterating me. I don't recall the TC EVER asking for optimal marriage/child setups. You came out of left field on your 'Stat Master' high horse to shove your view down our throats when it wasn't asked for.

Shoo.
---
It's Vaike time!
#28soma2035Posted 4/28/2013 11:08:12 AM
Luminozero posted...
soma2035 posted...
I'm just telling you that what you chose to do is bad and you shouldn't tell other people to do it when they ask for a good path to take.

Funny, sounds almost like you were reiterating me. I don't recall the TC EVER asking for optimal marriage/child setups. You came out of left field on your 'Stat Master' high horse to shove your view down our throats when it wasn't asked for.

Shoo.

Okamiaku posted...

Someone is deliberately giving bad advice and misleading the TC. Any responsible forum user should recognize it and correct it, considering that every one of his points is blatantly wrong. Lucina will be pretty powerful, but Morgan will not (relatively speaking, both compared to his own potential and other children). Neither has access to all classes. Morgan does not get Aether and Rightful King.

If you don't want someone to point out how bad this pairing is, don't go around telling people how good it is first. And yes, I know you're not the poster of the one I quoted, but on that note, don't butt in to an argument that doesn't have anything to do with you then...
---
#29hereforemnant(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 5:08:00 PM
soma2035 posted...
Luminozero posted...
soma2035 posted...

Shoo.

Okamiaku posted...

Someone is deliberately giving bad advice and misleading the TC. Any responsible forum user should recognize it and correct it, considering that every one of his points is blatantly wrong. Lucina will be pretty powerful, but Morgan will not (relatively speaking, both compared to his own potential and other children). Neither has access to all classes. Morgan does not get Aether and Rightful King.

If you don't want someone to point out how bad this pairing is, don't go around telling people how good it is first. And yes, I know you're not the poster of the one I quoted, but on that note, don't butt in to an argument that doesn't have anything to do with you then...

Ha it's alright guys you don't have to argue about it. The point was still pretty helpful, and right now, my Morgan and Lucina are actually at about equal power. Lucina is just more Physical oriented and Morgan is Magic oriented. My Morgan actually has Rightful King right now though...so not sure what happened there.
---
They say all good things are bound to come to an end, but why haven't i heard the same about bad things?