Astra vs Luna on Sorcerer MU?

#1KyuutoryuuPosted 4/27/2013 7:09:33 PM
I need to figure out my last skill slot.
#2Kyuutoryuu(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 7:36:31 PM
z
#3DemiseEndPosted 4/27/2013 7:39:53 PM
Ignis

or Luna
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#4qwertyman2002Posted 4/27/2013 7:40:27 PM
I'm too lazy to math it out but Luna will likely do more damage in the long run since it procs twice as often. While it might not let you OHKO units as much, if you were going to wipe out a unit in one attack with Astra, that unit was probably so weak that it doesn't matter if you can't OHKO it or not.
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/qwertyman/caterpie.gif
Hey look, it's qwertyman2002, let's read his posts!
#5MunchkinatorPosted 4/27/2013 7:42:12 PM
Luna.

Ignis is equivalent or better up until lategame hard stuff where Luna pulls a little ahead, but honestly luna/ignis are similar enough damagewise that it doesn't REALLY matter which you pick. They share excellent proc rates = reliability, probably the most important stat for a proc skill to have; Astra is half the rate and gets worse against high defense opponents where Luna gets better. Since high defense opponents are going to give you more trouble anyways, Luna's bonus is both more useful AND more reliable. Easy choice.
---
Another day, another unsuccessful genetic abomination!
#6DemiseEndPosted 4/27/2013 7:44:06 PM
30 STR is 15 Ignis, which is 30 Def/Res

So, unless your enemies are arround that area, you are better of using Ignis
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#7guedesbrawlPosted 4/27/2013 7:47:11 PM
Honestly, Vengeance. It will really help to minimize all damage taken when paired with Aversa's Night. Make sure to slap Armsthrift, Wrath and Vantage together!
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#8Bleck5Posted 4/27/2013 7:47:12 PM
Astra. Though it don't happen as often it does a hella lot more danger than Luna which is practically useless.
#9doshpashtaPosted 4/27/2013 7:48:40 PM
Bleck5 posted...
Astra. Though it don't happen as often it does a hella lot more danger than Luna which is practically useless.

That's not even true.
#10Kyuutoryuu(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 8:05:47 PM
doshpashta posted...
Bleck5 posted...

That's not even true.

My set is Armsthrift/Ignis/LimitB/Galeforce/X

It'll probably be Luna, as high def enemies will be bad I presume. And it activates twice as often. Now I have to run through Great Knight... -_-