Libra!Owain vs Ricken!Owain

#1DemiseEndPosted 4/28/2013 2:29:20 AM
Well, as everyone knows, my first set up uses Libra Owain(out of boards opinion), but my second and IMO more "finalized" set ups runs Lon'Qu Owain because it is made specifically to pair Owain and Cynthia in one team.

Im pretty sure many usually cited Libra as the optimal non MU Owain.

So can anyone explain why and the skillsets?
From what i have seen, Ricken created a better supporter Owain
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#21998_zPosted 4/28/2013 2:42:34 AM
Libra!Owain gives him VVW combo, the combo only possible goven to Owain by either Libra or Henry, and Henry is better left off to Maribelle or Sumia.
And he gives Dark Mage class, which I think isn't a big deal except netting Owain Vengeance.
Also, Dark Knight Libra!Owain is pretty good. Give him some Levin Swords and tomes and he's good to go.
---
OP tomes, high Res, and skills be damned; I won't use Sorcs.
O furious and insane gods! Send me ten-nay, TWENTY of your finest cakes!
#3Roark17Posted 4/28/2013 7:34:52 AM
I think VVW is an overrated skill set. However, it is a fun build because who doesn't love seeing big numbers.

Ricken!Owain makes a ridiculous Sage, which is, IMO, Owain's best class. His only weakness will be speed.

Lon'qu!Owain is awesome as well though. Ricken! vs Lon'qu!, to me, boils down to Luna vs. double attacks.
#4BlueDryBones1Posted 4/28/2013 7:50:52 AM(edited)
Luna
Lifetaker
Galeforce
Pass/Aegis/Breaker
LB

Sniper Owain but -2 Str means you shouldnt use it.

---

Galeforce
Tomefaire
Luna
Preference
LB

Offensive Sage Owain.

Ricken gives him Luna and 1 more Mag. Its really depending on wether you'll use him as Sorc or not. If not if your not using Ricken for Miriel then he is Owain's best option in my opinion.

---

Libra!Owain

Sorcerer

Vantage
Vengeance
Wrath
Gamble
LB

With the right support partner you can pass 80+% crit (on standar 45 Luk Lunatic+ enemies) with Ruin. Partner should have Solidarity+Anathema+DS+ and an A support meaning it has to be FeMU or Morgan. My opinion both Owain and Laurent are the best Crit stackers in the game.

I got 89% with MU Paladin with 42 Skl (when untouched) w/ Morgan pair up Paladin with forged Crit miniature lance so you should get the same results.

They both have their advantages. Its Ricken's Luna, and Aegis vs Libra's Sorcerer, Vengeance. So its really a matter with what you want to do with Owain. Thats why when I recommend pairings I always recommend both.
---
Dry Bones+Magikruiser FTW in MKW ^-^
#5WebbOMGPosted 4/28/2013 8:00:56 AM(edited)
I'm not sure Aegis, Luna, +1 Mag and +2 Lck is worth the loss of Dark Mage tree, WVV combo and +1 Str / Ski / Def / Res.
---
The preceding were my own opinions and while I will stand and defend them, I always do my best to give both sides of any discussion a fair chance.
#6tw1g_007Posted 4/28/2013 8:44:58 AM
The best Sage (or Dread Fighter) Owain is clearly Ricken hands down. No question.

It depends on what you want Owain to accomplish anyway.
---
Fire Emblem Awakening is the BEST thing that ever happened to the 3DS and yet people on GameFAQs abuse their 3DS by having SEX with it