I think I'm going to play with permadeath on and not restart.

#1VerySolidusSnakPosted 4/28/2013 5:50:41 PM
I deleted my first file that had over 40 hours on chapter 21 because I messed up the marriages and because I felt that why keep on playing the game on classic if I'm always restarting.
I just deleted my 20 hour file on chapter 19 because normal casual feels like cheating...it just doesn't feel right.
Plus, it's so hard picking who to marry since theres so many options!!!
I'm just going to play the game how it's meant to be played.
First world problems...
#2HylianAngelPosted 4/28/2013 5:52:08 PM
So when an enemy procs Lethality on you, or you die from overall good positioning but a 1% crit, you won't reset? Good luck, mate.
---
Rose
#3dadkwasherePosted 4/28/2013 5:52:50 PM
Remember, Chrom X Ike is canon.
---
Alright, MGS5!!! Ready for some more action, snake?
"Time to do some wetwork...and find political solutions. TASTY."
#4BarkitPosted 4/28/2013 6:53:34 PM
Don't do it! You'll be breaking the golden rule of fire emblem! It goes again reality!
#5PKRockin531Posted 4/28/2013 6:54:16 PM
So when an enemy procs Lethality on you, or you die from overall good positioning but a 1% crit, you won't reset? Good luck, mate.

There are no enemies in the game with Lethality other than Jaffar in R&R DLC.
---
www.youtube.com/user/PKLucas531
#6ShadownetNPosted 4/28/2013 6:55:38 PM

And it's your fault if you stop within his range or roll the dice in a face to face encounter with him.
#7HylianAngelPosted 4/29/2013 1:39:10 PM
I was giving exaggerated examples to prove a point.
---
Rose
#8SiegedEaglePosted 4/29/2013 1:44:36 PM
ShadownetN posted...

And it's your fault if you stop within his range or roll the dice in a face to face encounter with him.

Unless you abuse Brave weapons. Brave Lance + Brave Bow/Lance support = death for Jaffar.
---
In the name of the Fang, I sentence you to death.
Official husband of Severa ||| Brady's Bizarre Adventure: http://i.imgur.com/6lYXGNn.png
#9shenlongxzPosted 4/29/2013 2:07:00 PM
VerySolidusSnak posted...
I deleted my first file that had over 40 hours on chapter 21 because I messed up the marriages and because I felt that why keep on playing the game on classic if I'm always restarting.
I just deleted my 20 hour file on chapter 19 because normal casual feels like cheating...it just doesn't feel right.
Plus, it's so hard picking who to marry since theres so many options!!!
I'm just going to play the game how it's meant to be played.
First world problems...

This is actually not nearly as fun as it would be in something like XCOM. Each unit has an actual story so if they die you're depriving yourself of content, as opposed to XCOM where the rise and possible fall of a generic unit is what makes their story in the first place.

Besides, going through the game with just Chrom and the Avatar is the easiest way to play the game. Using the death of a unit as a fail state makes for a more challenging experience than just letting them go down and the main characters getting super over-levelled.