Suggestions for 2nd Play-Through

#1HaruhiryuPosted 4/29/2013 1:08:25 AM
So...I haven't started yet...but I just wanted to see how good/bad my pairings are for my next play-through...planning to do Hard/Classic...Please let me know if you think there should be any changes...

Goals
1) marry off all the first gen (I felt bad for Virion...didn't marry him...)
2) maximize galeforce and counter (tried to max armsthrift...but I'm not sure how well I did with that)
3) maximize class changes for the kids

()--->skill passed down by parent
[]--->ability they can learn
<>--->my comment

Chrom---VG <needs to be done to marry all first gen...I do feel bad for Lucina though...>
MU---Frederick (galeforce) [counter, armsthrift] <...I know this might not be best...but I can't let go of him...just can't...plus...he creates a killer Morgan! {planning to do my stats as +MAG, -LCK}>
Cherche---Stahl [counter]
Cordelia---Ricken (galeforce) [armsthrift] <Severa needs +MAG...>
Lissa---Libra (galeforce) [counter]
Maribelle---Lon'qu (galeforce)
Miriel---Kellam [counter]
Nowi---Gaius (counter) [galeforce]
Olivia---Virion (galeforce) [armsthrift, counter]
Panne---Gregor (counter) [armsthrift]
Sully---Vaike (counter) [armsthrift]
Sumia---Henry (galeforce, counter)
Tharja---Donnel (counter) galeforce, armsthrift
#2WebbOMGPosted 4/29/2013 1:17:06 AM
Why are you trying to maximize a horrible skill like Counter?
---
The preceding were my own opinions and while I will stand and defend them, I always do my best to give both sides of any discussion a fair chance.
#3WebbOMGPosted 4/29/2013 1:21:29 AM
Virion!Inigo is fantastic. Great choice.

If you want to truly maximize Galeforce you need a MaMU and have him marry Tharja or Sully (or Nowi, but she's less optimal).

Armsthrift optimization will suffer by 1 in this case. Meaning you'll have the option to possess 1 less than the maximum number of Armsthrift users.

-
I'm going to bed. I might return in the morning if someone else hasn't fixed you by then.
---
The preceding were my own opinions and while I will stand and defend them, I always do my best to give both sides of any discussion a fair chance.
#4WebbOMGPosted 4/29/2013 1:25:45 AM
At the very least I suggest swapping Lon'qu and Kellam.
---
#5Haruhiryu(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 1:28:18 AM
WebbOMG posted...
Why are you trying to maximize a horrible skill like Counter?

...because...when doing spotpass...or fighting...I find it helpful...just for me personally...
#6Haruhiryu(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 1:35:55 AM
I know I won't MAX galeforce...mainly because Lucina is out...also

also...if I do MaMU...that misses the point of marrying all 1st gen, which is my first main goal...

...I'll think about switching Lon'qu and Kellam though...the only reason I put them with Maribelle and Miriel is because they'll pass on 3 base classes to Brady and Laurent (switching only gives Brady 2 new base)