What is it with this forum and "canon"?

#1Kinneth123Posted 4/29/2013 9:54:20 AM
Sure, there are some couples that seem to be implied by the story... but none of the couples are officially canon.

I hear "I don't feel like playing matchmaking God" a lot... And if that's your mindset, you're playing the wrong game.

This game more or less gives you the power to ship nearly whoever you want, and you still want to be told who to put with who?
---
When your friend's last words to you include "Who else will I eat ice cream with?!" You might want to rethink your friends. ^^;
#2GoIdenAcePosted 4/29/2013 10:16:12 AM
because everyone like to know just who the devs were thinking were the true pairings. look on any other board and you'll see the same thing
---
Official Husband of Anna (from paralouge 4)
(on the FE:A boards)
#3SazukeEXPosted 4/29/2013 10:19:57 AM
Like?

Pshaw.

I know.

At least when it comes to Elibe and Magvel canon.

Awakening has all those pairings... But Chrom x Sumia and Lissa x MU are pretty well supported. Especially Chrom x Sumia.
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.
#4Sentinel07Posted 4/29/2013 10:20:20 AM
It gives us something to talk about. :)
#5NME_EnterprisesPosted 4/29/2013 10:20:39 AM
People enjoy reading about what devs planned for games that didn't make the final cut, no matter how pointless it is in the end (myself included). This is just one of those things, except in this case people like to try and figure out what the devs original intentions were.
---
People who've needed "a monstah to clobbah dat dere Kirbeh!": 128
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/15/heartscream2.jpg
#6almostexactlyPosted 4/29/2013 10:23:05 AM
I think it's similar to how if you have a nameless hero, people will ask for the "official" name. There's this feeling that even though you're encouraged to do as you will, there was something that was deliberately intended below the surface and people want that experience more then one they craft themselves.

Screw Sumia though.
#7Kinneth123(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 10:25:15 AM
almostexactly posted...
I think it's similar to how if you have a nameless hero, people will ask for the "official" name. There's this feeling that even though you're encouraged to do as you will, there was something that was deliberately intended below the surface and people want that experience more then one they craft themselves.

Screw Sumia though.

I like the idea of being able to craft the experience myself rather than a rigid line. Expressing creativity even within the lines of another person's work is fun.

It's probably why I enjoy games like Avalon Code and Graffiti Kingdom.
---
When your friend's last words to you include "Who else will I eat ice cream with?!" You might want to rethink your friends. ^^;
#8almostexactlyPosted 4/29/2013 10:26:28 AM
Well, as long as you understand the opposite view.
#9MagmarFirePosted 4/29/2013 10:42:11 AM
almostexactly posted...
Screw Sumia though.

*cocks gun* Leave my waifu out of this.
---
What was that, Morgan? "Kill them all"? GOOD IDEA! *Ignis* AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
#10RDS1Posted 4/29/2013 10:42:43 AM
People want that feeling of vindication that comes from knowing that the choices you like are the "correct" ones.
---
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)