Recommended order to play more fire emblems?

#1KupoTimePosted 4/29/2013 3:03:57 PM
I want to play more of the games other than awakening and path of radiance, Which should I go about now? I'm more than willing to play the fan-translated versions of some that are out now, I was thinking about picking up Shadow Dragon as well but I'm wary as I see everyone hating on it like..a lot. What is bad about it despite being dated? Would I enjoy it as a FE experience despite the hatred?
---
Nintendo ID:KupoTime
Currently Playing: Soul Hackers,Fire Emblem:Awakening, Monster Hunter 3U,Kirby's Adventure, Fire Emblem:Radiant Dawn
#2HylianAngelPosted 4/29/2013 3:05:57 PM
You might enjoy Radiant Dawn if you've played Path of Radiance.
---
Rose
#3Wild_MantinePosted 4/29/2013 3:06:14 PM
I enjoyed it, but it did feel dull. Have you played the GBA series? It's pretty decent.
---
Pokemon White FC: 2064 9146 0109
#4GhetsisPosted 4/29/2013 3:07:27 PM
Nothing is really "bad" about it other than the art style. It's just very barebones (as it is a remake of the first game) and doesn't have some features introduced in the later games, such as Supports.

I would recommend 6, though (Sword of Seals.) It's my favorite after Awakening (or maybe Gaiden.)
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#5KupoTime(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 3:10:10 PM
The only GBA i've played is the one with Lyn in it. o-o

Im working on Radiant Dawn now.
---
Nintendo ID:KupoTime
Currently Playing: Soul Hackers,Fire Emblem:Awakening, Monster Hunter 3U,Kirby's Adventure, Fire Emblem:Radiant Dawn
#6roytheswordguyPosted 4/29/2013 3:14:30 PM
FE6 has an awesome fan-translation. I recommend playing FE7, then FE6 (since 7 is a prequel to 6). It'll be a nice difficulty transition too, just think of all of FE7 as FE6's tutorial
---
IRL nub.
Sometimes she goes, sometimes she doesn't 'cause that's just the way she goes.