Really annoyed (Tharja x Henry and lack of same sex romance)

#61TalesOfGodPosted 4/30/2013 2:44:11 PM
Ivynn posted...
TalesOfGod posted...
Right. Since we can't be satisfied with the game, we are going to force our preference into this game just because we want to.
Very intelligent. I love your reasoning.
I'm going to complain like a ***** for them to put in more african americans or that there should be neo-nazis, pedophiles, homophobes, etc. (don't forget, all I just mentioned as protagonists) just because I want them to be there.
It wouldn't be out of place in the world either.

Ah, love the smell of white privelege.

"Stop forcing minorities and homosexuals into muh vidya!"

Nice word choice..."forcing."

You have just admitted you see white heterosexual males as "normal." Anything else is a "preference."

Check Your Privilege™

TwilightEchoes posted...
BedsheetGhost posted...

And even if you find it annoying, you don't get change without complaining. That's how you let higher ups know you want change.

There's a difference between suggesting and complaining. Suggesting is voicing something you'd like to have in and is more constructive and pleasant, complaining is a grievance or demand and is typically impolite and comes off as negative.

This isn't an official forum, it's a message board, people are allowed to vent.

Right because I am completely rooting for whites. *Rolls eyes*
I'm black, dumbass.

I don't know where your idea that I'm white comes from (perhaps from your insecurity or your lack of intelligence?) but I do say that when you want _____ in a media, then it is indeed your preference.
If it was to have more religious people then *that* religion would be their preference.
More politics (left or right wing). Your preference.
More of ___ colour? Your preference.
More of ___ race? Your preference.
Your sexual desires (be it LGBT, pedophile or beastiality)? Your preference.
#62horrorumbrellaPosted 4/30/2013 2:50:14 PM
TwilightEchoes posted...
There's a difference between suggesting and complaining. Suggesting is voicing something you'd like to have in and is more constructive and pleasant, complaining is a grievance or demand and is typically impolite and comes off as negative.

Has social change ever really happened because of "polite suggestions"? No, polite suggestions just get considered for a second then ignored. Why does any minority have to phrase anything more nicely than their opposition? Will being "nice" make wanting to be treated equally or to at least be given SOMETHING more "right"?

This sounds a little dramatic considering a video game being the center of the discussion, but video games were a pretty big deal to me growing up, you know? Anyway...

I'm sure that there are some writers/developers/etc who would like to appeal to the non-straight side of things for more monies. Nintendo and IS are most likely quite aware of the interest generated by same sex romance, if Harvest Scramble is anything to go by.

But it's the complaints of the homophobic side that they worry about! Note how homophobic people complain when there's even the option of same sex romance in a game. How "they're being forced" into accepting it. If there's a side that should be chastised for complaining, it's them.
---
why
#63BeanBeanKingdomPosted 4/30/2013 2:52:15 PM
A videogame is the creative vision of a (more or less) small group of people and said group of people should not feel pressured to include things not according to their vision because they're social issues. That's what I think anyway.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#64almostexactlyPosted 4/30/2013 2:53:53 PM
BeanBeanKingdom posted...
A videogame is the creative vision of a (more or less) small group of people and said group of people should not feel pressured to include things not according to their vision because they're social issues. That's what I think anyway.

Well, on the same note, they shouldn't be pressured to exclude it either according to their vision.
#65TwilightEchoesPosted 4/30/2013 2:54:51 PM
I'm having fun here, for the record. No offense intended at anyone.

I'm implying that the company should see fit to include what they prefer in the game and that it doesn't have to change just because some people want it to.

Either way people will complain. I've seen plenty of threads about Borderlands 2 and Mass Effect 3 on the internet complaining that "everyone is gay" is those games when it's only a small select against a very large amount of NPCs.

(By the way, these people aren't exactly polite. They call everyone against their idea completely bigoted and express their preference as the holy grail).

Welcome to people complaining on the internet. Heck, welcome to the internet. People get heated about this stuff.

Now tell me, how does the character being homosexual lead to fun.
Go on. I want to hear it.

It's can be quite funny in this series. That Fredrick/Chrom thing in the DLC cracked me up as did a few other ones involving such matters. And it adds thing for some people, just because it doesn't appeal to you doesn't mean it has no right to exist.
---
[Insert an "[Insert witty saying or joke]" sig here]
#66BeanBeanKingdomPosted 4/30/2013 2:55:58 PM
almostexactly posted...

Well, on the same note, they shouldn't be pressured to exclude it either according to their vision.

Exactly. I'm taking a neutral stance here, the devs should just do whatever they feel like, and while people have the right to complain about it, I don't think they should.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#67TwilightEchoesPosted 4/30/2013 3:06:08 PM
almostexactly posted...

It is annoying. Bring up a gay character in a game and some people fly off the handle ranting about how the devs are PC-tools, how gay people are corrupting everything, and how gay characters somehow dampen their experience because they can't relate to it.

Same thing with gay characters not being present in places where people particularly want it, particularly RPGs. They fly off the handle with accusations of bigotry.

Either way, something sets the spark in these threads if the OP doesn't .
---
[Insert an "[Insert witty saying or joke]" sig here]
#68President_MarthPosted 4/30/2013 3:08:36 PM
NekoEspirito posted...
Homosexuality has taken over all forms of media, entertainment and political policy recently. Can it stay the hell out of my medieval SRPG, please?

I kinda support this, illuminati members members just use it all the time to get out of the real issues, also because Americans really don't care about how much nicer their country can be.
---
Marth kicks arse! Marth kicks arse! Marth kicks arse! ~AngryPidgeon
Official President Marth of Gamefaqs
#69SpikayaPosted 4/30/2013 3:11:02 PM
TalesOfGod posted...
Right because I am completely rooting for whites. *Rolls eyes*
I'm black, dumbass.

I don't know where your idea that I'm white comes from (perhaps from your insecurity or your lack of intelligence?)

Yes because it's so easy to know what race people are from reading WORDS on a MESSAGE BOARD.

Gawds, I love the Internet.
---
FEA Board - Official Husbando of RNG Goddess Anna :3
There was a point to this story, but it has temporarily escaped the chronicler's mind.
#70TalesOfGodPosted 4/30/2013 3:14:51 PM
TwilightEchoes posted...
I'm having fun here, for the record. No offense intended at anyone.

I'm implying that the company should see fit to include what they prefer in the game and that it doesn't have to change just because some people want it to.

Either way people will complain. I've seen plenty of threads about Borderlands 2 and Mass Effect 3 on the internet complaining that "everyone is gay" is those games when it's only a small select against a very large amount of NPCs.

(By the way, these people aren't exactly polite. They call everyone against their idea completely bigoted and express their preference as the holy grail).

Welcome to people complaining on the internet. Heck, welcome to the internet. People get heated about this stuff.

Now tell me, how does the character being homosexual lead to fun.
Go on. I want to hear it.

It's can be quite funny in this series. That Fredrick/Chrom thing in the DLC cracked me up as did a few other ones involving such matters. And it adds thing for some people, just because it doesn't appeal to you doesn't mean it has no right to exist.

1:
I will agree that people will complain but that doesn't mean that they should be screaming at companies to include it (which is what is happening here). After all, EA even included it's failure as being the worst company as fault of homophobes (note: they're actually trying to convince people of that). Also, I really doubt that people would say that everyone is gay just because of some games like Mass Effect 3 but then again, people on the internet say pretty random things.

2: I sometimes argue on the internet but the worst ones I've seen is when someone is trying to justify their preferences on why it should be in the media. The problem is that it is always personal and since they have nothing to lean on, they usually just go for the stupid "your opinion is invalid and I am superior" approach...more than other conversations.

3:
The reverse works as well. Just because I find the topic of necrophilia and rape to be funny doesn't mean it should have the right to exist (note; I actually find it disgusting.)

Anyways, I don't want to get warned again for posting more than 10 posts a day (just recently got off that) so I'll stop there.

As a old Fire Emblem fan (and as a gamer), I find it sad that people are raging on why they don't have this in a game just to their preference.

In short; there have been enough topics of these. It has already been discussed constantly (i'm pretty sure the last one was 496 posts or somewhere around there) and the topic is done with.
It doesn't have the preference that you want?
Grow up. That's life.