Really annoyed (Tharja x Henry and lack of same sex romance)

#91MayNyan93(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 3:47:44 AM
Responses here just remind me why I stay away from forums like gamefaqs.
---
#92ElSilverWindPosted 5/2/2013 5:11:49 AM
MayNyan93 posted...
Responses here just remind me why I stay away from forums like gamefaqs.

Is it lonely up there on your pedestal? :3
---
Official Miriel of the Fire Emblem Awakening Boards.
#93evillockePosted 5/2/2013 5:29:52 AM
Troll will troll.
---
Third person to get a cookie.
NSMB2 coin count: 624358
#94MayNyan93(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 8:36:40 AM
Not liking being discriminated against means I'm a troll.
---
#95The_KoreyPosted 5/2/2013 8:52:34 AM
Bob Sagat, why? I paid my hard earned coin for someone else's creation, only to find out it doesn't relate to me as much as I'd like it to. This is not ok! Everyone not agreeing with me is a bigoted homophobes.

So annoying how the whole "love and tolerance" schtick is so one sided...
---
Well, I should be asleep... but stupid insomnia. :( ~OcarinaofToast
#96TsunamiXXVIIIPosted 5/2/2013 9:59:38 AM
TalesOfGod posted...
I'm saying that people should stop spamming the topics about this crap.
I even recently saw it that Pokemon (yes, you saw that right) should have homosexuality and after answering the TC, the best reason he could give was just for his preference.

Pokémon does have homosexuality, though it's very deeply hidden. By which I mean that it's not really officially "there", but you can force it out with an Action Replay.

No, seriously. I tried playing around with the Instant Egg cheat, where you just press the buttons and the Pokémon at the Day-Care instantly have an egg, just to see what its limits were.

Two Pokémon, opposite genders, both normally capable of reproduction but not in the same Egg Group: Still created an egg of the female's species and received egg moves as normal.
Two Pokémon, opposite genders, male of a species that normally can't reproduce (I probably used Latios for this): Still created an egg of the female's species.
Two Pokémon, opposite genders, female of a species that normally can't reproduce (Latias or Cresselia, most likely): Error message when I tried to pick up the egg; no egg received.
One female Pokémon and one genderless Pokémon: Received an egg of the female's species and received egg moves from its genderless "father".
Two Pokémon, both genderless or male: Error message when I tried to pick up the egg; no egg received.
One male Pokémon: Error message when I tried to pick up the egg; no egg received.
One female Pokémon: Received an egg of the same species, despite the lack of a father.
Two female Pokémon, different species: Received an egg of one Pokémon's species. It inherited egg moves from the other one as would be expected with a male of that species.

So, yeah. You have to use an AR to get it to happen, but both immaculate conception and lesbian pregnancy are possible in Pokémon; mPreg not so much so. It's been awhile since I did that experiment so I don't remember if that's completely accurate, but I'm pretty sure that should be right because I remember my conclusion being that when you induce the game to give you an egg, it just checks to make sure there's a legitimate mother candidate present and then gives you the egg regardless of whether the other Pokémon is normally unable to reproduce, female, or doesn't exist.
---
"Everyone has a dick although it may not be physical. You just have to learn to access it within your mind." - blindhobo13
#97DiedrupoPosted 5/2/2013 10:15:54 AM
NekoEspirito posted...
Homosexuality has taken over all forms of media, entertainment and political policy recently. Can it stay the hell out of my medieval SRPG, please?

No, bigot.
#98Luce_ImperiusPosted 5/2/2013 2:39:57 PM
The_Korey posted...
Bob Sagat, why? I paid my hard earned coin for someone else's creation, only to find out it doesn't relate to me as much as I'd like it to. This is not ok! Everyone not agreeing with me is a bigoted homophobes.

So annoying how the whole "love and tolerance" schtick is so one sided...

Indeed, perhaps dialogue would actually take place if it weren't so.
---
God first, family second, games third. Living the good life.
#99banjo kazooiePosted 5/3/2013 1:10:35 AM
TsunamiXXVIII posted...
Pokémon does have homosexuality, though it's very deeply hidden. By which I mean that it's not really officially "there", but you can force it out with an Action Replay.

No, seriously. I tried playing around with the Instant Egg cheat, where you just press the buttons and the Pokémon at the Day-Care instantly have an egg, just to see what its limits were.

Two Pokémon, opposite genders, both normally capable of reproduction but not in the same Egg Group: Still created an egg of the female's species and received egg moves as normal.
Two Pokémon, opposite genders, male of a species that normally can't reproduce (I probably used Latios for this): Still created an egg of the female's species.
Two Pokémon, opposite genders, female of a species that normally can't reproduce (Latias or Cresselia, most likely): Error message when I tried to pick up the egg; no egg received.
One female Pokémon and one genderless Pokémon: Received an egg of the female's species and received egg moves from its genderless "father".
Two Pokémon, both genderless or male: Error message when I tried to pick up the egg; no egg received.
One male Pokémon: Error message when I tried to pick up the egg; no egg received.
One female Pokémon: Received an egg of the same species, despite the lack of a father.
Two female Pokémon, different species: Received an egg of one Pokémon's species. It inherited egg moves from the other one as would be expected with a male of that species.

So, yeah. You have to use an AR to get it to happen, but both immaculate conception and lesbian pregnancy are possible in Pokémon; mPreg not so much so. It's been awhile since I did that experiment so I don't remember if that's completely accurate, but I'm pretty sure that should be right because I remember my conclusion being that when you induce the game to give you an egg, it just checks to make sure there's a legitimate mother candidate present and then gives you the egg regardless of whether the other Pokémon is normally unable to reproduce, female, or doesn't exist.

Memory corruption, no matter how controlled, is irrelevant. It's not hidden functionality, it's an odd quirk caused by how the breeding system was coded. I'm a programmer, and I can say with certainty that the results of the test, though not entirely devoid of meaning, are completely irrelevant to the intent of the developers. The instant egg "cheat" forces the boolean that stores whether there's an egg in the daycare to be true, and when you get there, and it tries to generate the egg, if there's no female that's not in the "cannot breed" egg group, it fails to work out what species the egg is, and throws you an error. It doesn't bother to check the gender or species, or even presence, of the other Pokemon, because the programmer made the entirely reasonable assumption that, if the egg flag is set, the Pokemon in the daycare must be a valid breeding pair - after all, it shouldn't get that far if there is no valid breeding pair, as the flag is only set after checking, and the contents can't be changed while it's set. The code injects an instruction that sets the flag to be true, and thus bypasses every check that ensures the pair is valid, which results in, evidently, what you described.
---
*(int *)nullptr = 0;
http://me.veekun.com/blog/2012/04/09/php-a-fractal-of-bad-design/
#100Emerald_MeliosPosted 5/3/2013 6:09:57 PM
NekoEspirito posted...
Homosexuality has taken over all forms of media, entertainment and political policy recently. Can it stay the hell out of my medieval SRPG, please?

You talk like that's a bad thing. I can't see anything wrong with yuri.