Does anybody else favoritize certain pairings?

#21TehTrumpCardPosted 5/1/2013 2:12:57 AM
MUxNowi

I don't want anyone else to have her, Nowi always wanted a husband, Morgan can become a Manakete, and nah gets access to all the classes.

Everyone wins.

ChromxOlivia

Just getting that dialogue about how quickly they married is enough lulz for me. That and Lucina gets some nice stuff from Olivia.

Morgan FxOwain and SnarkxBark

Dunno why I just generally like having these 2nd Gen pairings, I blame the support convos.
---
I love Nowi!!! http://tinyurl.com/trump-nowi http://tinyurl.com/durrhubba
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 PSN (PS3+Vita): TehTrumpCard
#22almostexactlyPosted 5/1/2013 2:30:40 AM
coreekymon posted...

Chrom x Sumia

Similarly I'd feel bad keeping Chrom from Sumia. I haven't read her other Supports, but it seems like she would just be settling for anyone else.

Well, since you'll be getting them yourself, to say anything further would be spoilers but I did like all her other non-Chrom supports better. Henry > Gaius > Fred > Male MU > Chrom
#23Strawberry_EggsPosted 5/1/2013 4:31:12 AM
Well, as long as other people are listing second generation pairings...

Nah x Morgan - Gods, I must sound like a broken record at this point, but I adore this pairing! It's become my favorite in this game. They get along well, surprising for Nah since she tends to be abrasive in the beginning in her other supports. Speaking of which, their supports together are so very sweet. My Avatar also gets my favorite character as a future daughter-in-law.

Cynthia x Gerome - Their clashing personalities make this seem unlikely, but their history together shows otherwise. A Gloomy Gus like Gerome needs a consistent ray of sunshine in his life, anyway.

Owain x Severa - Severa asks like the textbook definition of a Tsundere, but their S support is so sweet.

Inigo x Lucina - I haven't seen this one myself, but I did read a script of their supports. I really like them, even if their S support is more comedic than romantic.

Brady x Noire - Less romantic than the above listed pairings, but still sweet. The deceptively scary-looking priest and the meek girl with a wild alter-ego get along very well.
---
My 25 Most Favorite Games - http://www.unikgamer.com/members/strawberryeggs-786.html
Official Nah of the Fire Emblem: Awakening board.
#24Ampharos64Posted 5/1/2013 5:11:57 AM
Strawberry_Eggs posted...
Chrom x Female Avatar - Yes it's blatant wish fulfillment, but I don't really see the Avatar as "me." Even if the actual changes to the script are slight, the whole tone of the game feels different to me. It's also the only way a female Avatar can get two children, and I love both of them.

Hmm, you think? Personally, I definitely wouldn't want to pick Chrom, he's an idiot. XD Instead I like the pairing for the effect on the story, the opportunity for FeMU to have two kids (love Lucina), and think his and MU's personalities (like you, I don't see her as me, she's not much like me at all anyway) work well together, better than ChromxSumia imo. Also, Ylisse desperately needs someone more sensible as part of their leadership.

So far the other pairing I like is StahlxSully, they just seem to suit each other so naturally. Even if half their relationship is based on beating each other up.

How is NowixGregor? Their first support was the cutest I've seen so far, and unlike some of Nowi's others, it came across more clearly that the childishness is partly an act and Gregor isn't buying it.
#25makedouniaPosted 5/1/2013 6:08:43 AM
Chrom x Sumia
#26Strawberry_EggsPosted 5/1/2013 6:41:27 AM
Ampharos64 posted...
Hmm, you think? Personally, I definitely wouldn't want to pick Chrom, he's an idiot. XD Instead I like the pairing for the effect on the story, the opportunity for FeMU to have two kids (love Lucina), and think his and MU's personalities (like you, I don't see her as me, she's not much like me at all anyway) work well together, better than ChromxSumia imo. Also, Ylisse desperately needs someone more sensible as part of their leadership.

Well, I wouldn't either. He's a nice guy, but a bit bland. Personality aside though, Chrom is a prince. The Avatar plays a more significant role in the story when she's not just Chrom's very good friend and confidant, but his wife. She also becomes mother to another significant and very popular character. Again, this really only works if the player sees herself as the Avatar rather than a character that the players customizes in appearance (as I do. She has her own personality and we're not all that similar at all).
---
My 25 Most Favorite Games - http://www.unikgamer.com/members/strawberryeggs-786.html
Official Nah of the Fire Emblem: Awakening board.
#27Ampharos64Posted 5/1/2013 7:07:52 AM
Yeah, agreed, I think it depends how you see the Avatar, well and how you see Chrom too I guess (the Prince thing is a negative to me, even. Really hate the system of monarchy). It'd be nice if they use this system again in future games, for FeMU to have a few more options that gave two kids.
#28SpikayaPosted 5/1/2013 7:23:29 AM
coreekymon posted...
Chrom x Sumia

Similarly I'd feel bad keeping Chrom from Sumia. I haven't read her other Supports, but it seems like she would just be settling for anyone else.

Eh, not really, the game does try to push the pairing but Sumia is nowhere near as obsessive with Chrom as Tharja is with MU (I personally would rather keep my MaMU as far away from little miss creep as possible when I'm done with putting their supports into the log). Sumia's supports with Gaius and Henry are adorable while Chrom just seems to be obsessed with her pie making. -.-

Anyways.

Chrom x FeMU

Ricken x Maribelle
---
FEA Board - Official Husbando of RNG Goddess Anna :3
There was a point to this story, but it has temporarily escaped the chronicler's mind.
#29ArknytePosted 5/1/2013 4:31:57 PM
None of my pairing have been for optimization, just on what i think is a good match.
That said, I always tend toward the Lon Qu x Sully pairing and Donnel x Panne because of their support convos, which makes them seem like a natural fit.
I've also enjoyed the Libra x Tharja, for what seemed like duality collision turning into something sorta sweet.