Is this quote verbatim?

#1finaleusPosted 4/30/2013 11:13:26 PM
"Ike… Please live… Even if all the cities burn, and the seas swallow Tellius… You mustn’t die… Not you…"

Because I've never played Ike's games, but that sounds like it can't be anything but romantic but me. But I'm not sure if it's actually from the games.

Not that I can say Ike/Soren is canon, since I've yet to see any proof that Ike reciprocates those feelings (should that be an actual quote), but yeah.
#2IlluminaZer0Posted 4/30/2013 11:15:55 PM
Here we go again. I hope.

And since it's going to be said: You can be homosexual/asexual and still make babies with females. It's sexual preference, not sexual necessity.
---
Official claimant of Mem Aleph for the theoretic cause of promoting Shin Megami Tensei IV of the 3DS.
#3horrorumbrellaPosted 5/1/2013 12:07:55 AM
Yes, yes it is actually.

Soren says it in Radiant Dawn if he dies in the last level. Check Serenes Forest if you must.
---
why
#4Wandering__HeroPosted 5/1/2013 12:42:16 AM
How about we say Ike is gay if you want him to be gay and straight if you want him to be straight?
---
Click the sites these contain to donate to charity for free http://www.thenonprofits.com/
Official Generic Village Girl of the FE13 board
#5horrorumbrellaPosted 5/1/2013 1:46:57 AM(edited)
Wandering__Hero posted...
How about we say Ike is gay if you want him to be gay and straight if you want him to be straight?

I can't sleep so here goes.

Well, thing is about the straight POV is that Ike does not show any interest in girls, and does not get any endings with girls, though some have shown interest in him. Lethe could have easily gone with Ike instead of Ranulf so they'd both leave behind their little sisters. With his status as World Hero, he could have married Elincia. Or even just bring along Mia for travels...

Some say "oh he's not good with romance but he's still straight" but Ike is actually rather perceptive about what drives people and their feelings... he has twice spotted a crush between other people. So it's not like he's romantically oblivious.

One conversation in POR in Begnion showed that Gatrie once tried to make him look at "flowers" (aka girls), Ike simply left when it turned out that Gatrie wasn't talking about literal flowers. Which seemed to make blatant Ike's disinterest in even looking at girls a sign that... well, he doesn't have an interest in girls.

One can interpret that scene differently, but again, with the fact he gets no ending with a girl, gay/asexual looks more likely. Which one of those Ike is is a whole other can of worms, but I just wanted to say why he at least seems not straight as far as we can observe in his games.

Also bear in mind that he had a longer time to find a female love interest than most other lords, and by the end of RD he's not even a teenage hero anymore.

(And that the boys he does have a choice of bringing along both are cute and age slowly. Ike sure knows what he is doing.)
---
why
#6finaleus(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 4:36:28 AM
I personally don't care if Ike likes Soren or not (but now I'm set on thinking Soren liked him), but someone on tumblr brought up this:

Soren: Ike… Please live… Even if all the cities burn, and the seas swallow Tellius… You mustn’t die… Not you…

(some games and hella years later)

Priam (to MU): I’ll let the world burn before I see you hurt.

...and that's what made me curious
#7President_MarthPosted 5/1/2013 4:39:56 AM
IlluminaZer0 posted...

And since it's going to be said: You can be homosexual/asexual and still make babies with females. It's sexual preference, not sexual necessity.

IIRC you could get killed for raping maidens.
---
Marth kicks arse! Marth kicks arse! Marth kicks arse! ~AngryPidgeon
Official President Marth of Gamefaqs
#8Solar_CrimsonPosted 5/1/2013 4:43:36 AM
I don't understand why it's so hard for some people to consider that Ike and Soren could be in a romantic relationship with each other, but Ike could have used a surrogate to have a child for him. It's not as if Ike would have had any interest in the woman beyond her carrying his child.
---
http://backloggery.com/SolarCrimson - My Backloggery
The official Okuninushi of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#9finaleus(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 5:04:31 AM
I think Ike got Chrom pregnant and Priam came back in time with the other children
#10IlluminaZer0Posted 5/1/2013 9:04:21 AM(edited)
President_Marth posted...
IlluminaZer0 posted...

IIRC you could get killed for raping maidens.

http://i.imgur.com/SmyFqq9.png
---
Official claimant of Mem Aleph for the theoretic cause of promoting Shin Megami Tensei IV of the 3DS.