Is this quote verbatim?

#11yzmanPosted 5/1/2013 9:14:18 AM
Am I seriously the one that doesn't see romance in that at all?

Its respect for his commander and dear friend, I am sure you can find other quotes as such.

Chrom and MU have the same type of quotes with each other.
---
"As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away."
#12SazukeEXPosted 5/1/2013 9:15:44 AM
Soren and Ike have a very special romance that transcends genders or even the mortal form.
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.
#13Cheesepower5Posted 5/1/2013 9:17:18 AM
If you're saying it's romantic as in Latinized, no.

If you're saying it's romantic as in of a sexual nature, hell no.

I mean, we all like to joke about Sam being gay for Frodo, but... We were just joking, right!? You know caring about the safety of another man isn't "totally gay, bros." Right?

Anyway, I don't think the developpers had any intention on setting up Ike and Soren. They're friends, anything else is read into by the player. I think someone from Japan would be more likely to interpret Oscar cooking for him as romantic. It's really not relevant to the big picture, so any answer the developpers give will be an asspull half response to get the interviewer to leave the subject alone.
---
Official Naga Raja of the Shin Megami Tensei IV Board
Official King Marth of the Fire Emblem: Awakening Board
#14dadkwasherePosted 5/1/2013 9:26:30 AM
finaleus posted...
"Ike… Please live… Even if all the cities burn, and the seas swallow Tellius… You mustn’t die… Not you…"

Because I've never played Ike's games, but that sounds like it can't be anything but romantic but me. But I'm not sure if it's actually from the games.

Not that I can say Ike/Soren is canon, since I've yet to see any proof that Ike reciprocates those feelings (should that be an actual quote), but yeah.

It sounds more like he is saying Ike NEEDS to live because he is the most important person fighting. Ike is charismatic, powerful, and has a good set of morals which lead people to follow him, just like Soren. Of course, it helps that Soren is dedicated to helping Ike because of actions such as giving him food when he was dying.
They are best friends, but not lovers.
Priam should've hit a large hole in that pairing.
---
Alright, MGS5!!! Ready for some more action, snake?
"Time to do some wetwork...and find political solutions. TASTY."
#15Google_ChromPosted 5/1/2013 10:00:42 AM
dadkwashere posted...
finaleus posted...
"Ike… Please live… Even if all the cities burn, and the seas swallow Tellius… You mustn’t die… Not you…"

Because I've never played Ike's games, but that sounds like it can't be anything but romantic but me. But I'm not sure if it's actually from the games.

Not that I can say Ike/Soren is canon, since I've yet to see any proof that Ike reciprocates those feelings (should that be an actual quote), but yeah.

It sounds more like he is saying Ike NEEDS to live because he is the most important person fighting. Ike is charismatic, powerful, and has a good set of morals which lead people to follow him, just like Soren. Of course, it helps that Soren is dedicated to helping Ike because of actions such as giving him food when he was dying.

Even more so, in the final level of FE10 where Soren may say that quote, Ike is the only one that can actually defeat Ashera, the last boss, stressing his importance to that battle, and Tellius as a whole even more. Course, that's just one way to think of it.

It should, and really it has. Course, people pointed out that asexuals and homosexuals can still produce a child if they truly wish to (although, wouldn't that be kind of betraying Soren's feelings, if Ike were gay?), so I guess people are still holding onto that theory. That or the bogus theory of Priam actually being Mist's descendant, or even worse, claiming Priam is just a deranged homeless man.
---
Official Husbando of Sumia
#16horrorumbrellaPosted 5/1/2013 10:03:10 AM
Cheesepower5 posted...
If you're saying it's romantic as in Latinized, no.

If you're saying it's romantic as in of a sexual nature, hell no.

I mean, we all like to joke about Sam being gay for Frodo, but... We were just joking, right!? You know caring about the safety of another man isn't "totally gay, bros." Right?

Anyway, I don't think the developpers had any intention on setting up Ike and Soren. They're friends, anything else is read into by the player. I think someone from Japan would be more likely to interpret Oscar cooking for him as romantic. It's really not relevant to the big picture, so any answer the developpers give will be an asspull half response to get the interviewer to leave the subject alone.

Um I think we all know that people can have friends of the same sex.. Why do people keep saying that, I have been friends and had very close personal moments with men and women I have not wanted to bone aiight. We're trying to figure out if in a FE10 context what their feelings are.

See how Ike and Soren get a paired ending together when all paired endings outside of Ike's mention marriage. Assuming gay marriage is not an option in this medieval Europe flavor land, it sounds like riding off into the sunset with a kiss like at the end of Princess Bride or something.

Also keep in mind that the words Soren uses is on par with say, Geoffrey to Elincia or Sothe to Micaiah. Anything blatantly sexual or even mentioning love between them? No, just the "my life has no meaning without you" stuff, which again is much like Soren's attitude to Ike (see the quote that started this topic). Also, in the Japanese script, they never even call each other "like a brother" or even "friends" (and in the English script, that was only in PoR anyway).

And if you're looking to Japan, their nickname for Soren involves calling him a homo so.

It is not very clear cut, but when people say there IS NO WAY IN HELL THEY ARE GAY, it really sounds defensive. You could acknowledge that there is pretty legitimate basis for believing it at the very least.
---
why
#17SazukeEXPosted 5/1/2013 10:09:22 AM(edited)
Priam hasn't changed anything because Mist exists and gay couples can still have kids. The only thing that will change this is if WoG comes down and say Ike x Soren never was. We know they never will as Ike x Soren is one of the most popular and well supported pairings from PoR/RD. It's also the one brought up the most for various reasons.

There would also be huge backlashes if they did that as both sides start murdering each other.

We would also see non-stop haters posting everywhere the web that "Ike Ain't Gay" and it will be filled with anti-gay comments and flaming gay FE fans or straight FE fans that supported Ike being gay.

It's already bad enough with how many times hater show up to make topics(We've had multiple Anti-Ike x Soren topics in a single month on this site alone), if that happened than it would be multiplied MANY times over.
---
#18FwahmPosted 5/1/2013 10:09:27 AM
There is a basis for Soren, though he's likely just Ikesexual instead.

There's no basis for Ike; he's shown no sexual or romantic interest in anyone of either gender, let alone Soren.
#19horrorumbrellaPosted 5/1/2013 10:18:14 AM
dadkwashere posted...
finaleus posted...

Um, he may be the most important person fighting, but he says that Ike should live even if the rest of the world is destroyed. He won't be so important then. Is it so hard to imagine that Soren is saying that he cares more about Ike than the fate of the world?

I'm wondering if some people have paid attention to Soren's characterization, because it's really in line with what he normally says. He would not blink at anyone else being killed, only irritated that they ruined his battle plan.

Why so? If you're going to use Priam as an example that "proves his straightness", I did that dumb ass tl;dr on how Ike has no interest in girls in his games, so Ike/random girl is certainly more OOC.

Also, Priam's confession line is "I'll let the world burn before I see you hurt." If anything, he sounds a LOT like Soren talking to Ike there.

(Priam loves girly strategists. Ike loves girly strategists. I've cracked the code.)
---
why
#20SazukeEXPosted 5/1/2013 10:24:09 AM
Fwahm posted...
There is a basis for Soren, though he's likely just Ikesexual instead.

There's no basis for Ike; he's shown no sexual or romantic interest in anyone of either gender, let alone Soren.

Secret Support, his over protectiveness of Soren through the games, and their secret ending... Ike also supports Soren when others treat him badly and he did let Soren in his life the moment he found him.
---