Does anyone else find that they appreciate PoR and RD more?

#1OCShoesPosted 5/1/2013 7:52:14 AM
I don't know what it is, but as they get older I love them more. Especially RD for some unknowable reason. Those RD graphics just make me happy. Plus that everything.
---
4 / 10 - Poor - game is unremarkable and flawed
The Official Latios of Everything
#2Lylat_CruiserPosted 5/1/2013 7:57:02 AM
Radiant Dawn is my favorite Fire Emblem. It was also the first game my parents bought me for the wii. Lots of nostalgics and great combat animations. Only part I did not like was Part II of the game.
---
Well we are officially lost...On the great space coaste-SHUT UP RICKY! JUST SHUT UP RIGHT NOW!
#3S1ppy_cupPosted 5/1/2013 8:04:59 AM
I used to hate part II. But when I figured out ways to finish Geoffrey's Charge and the Endgame in a couple of minutes, I didnt mind them anymore. I like the part in the caves and I love to get Heather into level 20 with 90 exp.
---
Bagel.
#4razgriz153Posted 5/1/2013 8:13:04 AM
I appreciate PoR for story, level design, and characterization.

RD, although I bear grudges in certain areas (story not as strong, supports butchered, and certain characters from PoR being changed for the worse, i.e, Astrid and her obsession with Makalov, Black Knight not as ruthless, etc), I do end up returning to that game alot for the game mechanics, graphics, and map designs again.

Music from both games was fantastic as well.

I am currently obsessed with Awakening though, but the Tellius series still holds a special place in my gaming library.
#5fatty_yaPosted 5/1/2013 8:30:36 AM(edited)
I like RD because the story is actually pretty complex--not in terms of plot and characters, but how there are several groups of people going in and out of the story.

I wish Availability will make a comeback in future games. In Awakening, everyone stays with the army for the entire game. I find that sort of bland and kind of takes away some complexity of character building. IS should really take the time to incorporate Availability and make it work plot-wise--it's more interesting that way in story mode.
---
Mario Kart Wii FC: 3909-8142-0974 wheel 9300-9700VR
Animal Crossing Wii FC: 1805-5749-4471 mooz @ DK MTN (that's DK[space]MTN)
#6bearclaw13Posted 5/1/2013 8:29:49 AM
Lylat_Cruiser posted...
Radiant Dawn is my favorite Fire Emblem..

---
What are you looking at?
#7Shadow_Master_JPosted 5/1/2013 8:30:59 AM
razgriz153 posted...
I appreciate PoR for story, level design, and characterization.

RD, although I bear grudges in certain areas (story not as strong, supports butchered, and certain characters from PoR being changed for the worse, i.e, Astrid and her obsession with Makalov, Black Knight not as ruthless, etc), I do end up returning to that game alot for the game mechanics, graphics, and map designs again.

Music from both games was fantastic as well.

I am currently obsessed with Awakening though, but the Tellius series still holds a special place in my gaming library.

You said everything I was going to say.

Although the only reason I'm still playing Awakening instead of PoR and RD, is because my Wii randomly decided to stop working... and now I'll have to wait for money to randomly appear so I can buy a Wii U ;-;
---
If you're reading this, CONGRATULATIONS!! You're wasting your time!!
#8VirusLordPosted 5/1/2013 8:34:26 AM
I find myself looking back fondly on the gameplay mechanics of the Tellius games, but honestly, I think I appreciate the characters and story less in retrospect. This may be in part due to dealing with Ike worshipers, though.

On the other hand, FE7 was my first (and possibly favorite) FE game, and after I started replaying it a few days, I was surprised and delighted to find that I still enjoy it just as much as I used to.
---
Ruler of the Unknown Universe
"Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality." - Emil, ToS:DotNW
#9Dragunov_ZeroPosted 5/1/2013 8:56:41 AM
I loved both PoR and RD in terms of graphics and gameplay, though the choppy story and broken skills were a bit of a fun dampener.

Trying to go back to previous FE games after pouring over 400 hours into Awakening proved to be somewhat awkward because I was constantly trying to Pair Up my units and stared at the level up portraits, waiting for them to comment on it, shows how the game has grown on me.
---
If life is suffering, then does death bring peace?
Official groom of Tiki - Fire Emblem Awakening =3
#10fatty_yaPosted 5/1/2013 9:01:29 AM
VirusLord posted...
I find myself looking back fondly on the gameplay mechanics of the Tellius games, but honestly, I think I appreciate the characters and story less in retrospect. This may be in part due to dealing with Ike worshipers, though.

On the other hand, FE7 was my first (and possibly favorite) FE game, and after I started replaying it a few days, I was surprised and delighted to find that I still enjoy it just as much as I used to.

There's something very special about FE7.

I couldn't even bring myself to finish the second half of FE8--even though FE8 had all sorts of gameplay upgrades. So sometimes it's not all about features and mechanics.

I am going to give FE8 another shot after many years when I am done with Awakening.
---
Mario Kart Wii FC: 3909-8142-0974 wheel 9300-9700VR
Animal Crossing Wii FC: 1805-5749-4471 mooz @ DK MTN (that's DK[space]MTN)