CYOA: Northern Wind

#201C_D_M(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 11:41:26 AM
Anna must really, really love you guys.
-----------------------------
You decide to play it safe, and start hacking away at the rearmost Risen before they even realize you're there. By the time you've killed three, the Risen seem to realize they're surrounded, and half the group turn to attack you; the other half presses the two surviving villagers, and you can see them slowly retreating towards the dead end, continuing to attack with arrow and fireball.

For every Risen you kill, another one takes its place. You know they are not endless, you can see them all very clearly with every fireball the mage throws. Still, you can only cut through them one at a time, and Alyssa struggles to match your pace. She nimbly dodges backwards every time a blow comes her way, the Risen finding nothing but air, but her slashes and parries seem to be having little effect. By the time you've killed five Risen, she's just finishing her second. On the other end of the horde, you can see the mage and archer have finally reached the end of the tunnel, and have nowhere left to retreat; spurred on by the promise of reinforcements, they keep fighting, and for a moment it seems they may drive the wave of Risen back.

As you dislodge your axe from a fallen mercenary's skull, you see a fighter swing at the mage. He tries to leap backwards, only to slam into the wall. The axe cuts into his shoulder. Rain raises her staff, and the wound begins stitching itself shut, but the Risen continues its assault before he can recover. The archer throws her bow at the fighter, then pulls a knife from her belt and lunges at him, plunging it deep into his chest. The Risen stumbles back and begins to dissolve, but two more take its place. The archer stands before the mage, knife in hand. As a mercenary steps forward, she catches his swing on the knife, barely seeming to hold him back. The revenant steps forward, slashes at her with his claws.

The mage, one arm still dangling loosely at his side, screams. "Cursed beast!" he shouts as he hurls a particularly large fireball at it. The creature dissolves instantly.

The archer slips to the side, the mercenary's blade striking the ground. "I'll kill you, you dastard!" she shouts, as she slashes him repeatedly with her knife.

You realize you've been staring at the pair just in time to avoid a claw swung at your face. You counterattack, easily dispatching the entombed. You realize you need to help the pair quickly, and switch to hand axes. "Rain!" you call, and she takes your place, holding the Risen back with Alyssa while you plant axes into the backs of any Risen foolish enough to approach the villagers. With the archer protecting his front, the mage seems to double his pace, his fireballs mowing down any Risen you miss. Finally, one Risen remains. It looks to you, then back to the villagers, as if deciding which group to attack. Finally, it lunges at the villagers, only to find the archer has retrieved her bow. She plants an arrow into its skull, and the mage ignites the shaft. The Risen howls in pain as it bursts into a cloud of darkness.
#202C_D_M(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 2:31:00 PM
Your group stands, weapons still at the ready, carefully looking for any signs of movement in the gloom. The mage conjures a small ball of flame in his hands, illuminating the area. All the Risen are dead. You look the two villagers up and down. The mage is dressed in a short red smock with a flowing cape, with fiery red hair, and tanned skin. The archer is pale with auburn hair, dressed in a simple dark green outfit. Alyssa has a small scratch, and waves off Rain when she tries to heal it. The mage's shoulder is healed, a scar now visible under the remnants of his sleeve. The archer has a few cuts and bruises, but Rain takes care of her. "...Thanks..." she mutters.

"What happened here?" you ask.

"Now is not the time for idle chatter. We must be escaping from this place as quickly as is possible," the mage says.

"What about the other villagers?" Rain asks.

The pair is silent for a second. "We're all that's left..." the archer says quietly. "I'm Syrene, by the way..."

"...All right, our only goal is to escape. Would you mind lighting the way..." you pause.

"Agni is my name. I am willing to be leading the way." He conjures a small ball of light, and begins cautiously walking toward the entrance. You walk alongside him, axe at the ready. As you reach the fork in the cave, you turn towards the entrance, but a noise makes you stop. The sound of a thud in the distance?

"Did you hear that?" you ask quietly. Alyssa nods, and the others pause, listening intently. A familiar cry of rage pierces the darkness. "Lane...?"

"It came from the main chamber..." Syrene says.

(A) Head for the main chamber
(B) Check out that storeroom
(C) Back to the entrance
(D) Uh... go back to that dead end?
#203TAZZisCOOLPosted 5/9/2013 2:41:10 PM
male and im a Taguel

Zephyer
Class: Taguel
Weapons: Beaststone+
Skills: Beastbane,Prevail (become more dangerous when wounded),Astra
HP: ***
Str: ***
Mag: **
Skill: **
Spd: **
Luck: ***
Def: **
Res: **

add me when you see fit :D
---
my pokemon white 2 friend code (0648-6197-2904)
#204SwordMasterEXPosted 5/9/2013 2:42:14 PM
D it's the greatest strategy EVA, Nah in all seriousness
A- The more the merrier
---
I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword. With blade in hand I shall reap the sins of this world and cleanse it in the fires of destruction
#205Spitz_of_TFFPosted 5/9/2013 2:52:53 PM
A.
---
I'm Insane! Who wants cookies?!
As far as I'm concerned, Humanity's totally screwed
#206Dragunov_ZeroPosted 5/9/2013 2:52:54 PM
A. gotta save Lane before he becomes Risen fodder.
---
If life is suffering, then does death bring peace?
Official groom of Tiki - Fire Emblem Awakening =3
#207Rideps1Posted 5/9/2013 3:00:41 PM
A!
---
If I ever had a kid, I'd want a daughter like Morgan. Y'know, one who tries to lure me into pitfall traps. ~~C_D_M
#208Dragunov_ZeroPosted 5/9/2013 3:04:41 PM
C_D_M posted...

Hehehe, it seems she was pleased by my offerings...>=D
---
#209Spitz_of_TFFPosted 5/9/2013 3:15:39 PM
Dragunov_Zero posted...
C_D_M posted...

Proly helps that I married her. xD
---
I'm Insane! Who wants cookies?!
As far as I'm concerned, Humanity's totally screwed
#210Dragunov_ZeroPosted 5/9/2013 3:18:47 PM
Spitz_of_TFF posted...
Dragunov_Zero posted...
C_D_M posted...

Proly helps that I married her. xD

Married her on my first run of Lunatic+, cleared the main story and Spotpass maps at the time in 2 weeks (this was around the time where that Lunatic+ chapter 1-3 guide came out) =P
---