Rate my marriage list

#11SazukeEXPosted 5/1/2013 9:17:31 PM
kukingina2 posted...
seriously a hundred topics each day asking people to rate the exact same cookie cutter pairings / skillsets

of course its gonna be good you just copied it from a tested source

But they never end up being the one I post everywhere!!!

...I guess I should at least be happy that at the very least more people know Vaike!Kjelle exists now.
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.
#12HeoandReoPosted 5/1/2013 9:31:52 PM
To be fair, though, the reason why I started posting again giving pairing advice on the board was precisely because I feared that it was starting to become stagnant.

Let people play the way they want. If they want to optimize, it's fine with me. If they want to do something weird and different or how salvage a marriage, give them suggestions on how to do that. Either way, nothing's going to get done if we just complain a lot.
#13tw1g_007Posted 5/1/2013 10:05:51 PM
SazukeEX posted...
kukingina2 posted...
seriously a hundred topics each day asking people to rate the exact same cookie cutter pairings / skillsets

of course its gonna be good you just copied it from a tested source

But they never end up being the one I post everywhere!!!

...I guess I should at least be happy that at the very least more people know Vaike!Kjelle exists now.

People went crazy with my Ricken!Lissa lol. Pretty much why I don't bother helping out giving pairing suggestions. First of all, its already explained to great detail if you aren't a lazy bum and search the board. Secondly, it makes people not want to experiment for themselves which would kill the enjoyment factor for me. But its their game anyway so I don't really care.
---
Fire Emblem Awakening is the BEST thing that ever happened to the 3DS and yet people on GameFAQs abuse their 3DS by having SEX with it
#14SazukeEXPosted 5/1/2013 10:14:39 PM
I do find it strange that many of these "rate" topics seem to be very close to some of the old paired list that circulated in the past...

Or some of the ones on Serene's Forest which have remained relatively untouched. You know since we never brought our arguments over there so they don't have the info or many debates we had.
---
#15DemiseEndPosted 5/1/2013 10:30:31 PM
The only real significant result of our discussion is like, Sumia, Lissa, Maribelle, and Tharja being the Top 4, 45 speed benchmark, str and mag being useless, and Frederick being an actually amazing father, Henry and Libra allocation, and Henry!Gerome

Maybe I missed a lot but yeah

As for Stahl Cherche, I considered it but, I usually goes with Freddy because Gerome is always a supporter for me
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#16HeoandReoPosted 5/1/2013 10:39:35 PM(edited)
It's good to look at other places than here and Serenes because you only get so much. I know that for quite a while, my go-to spot for pairing advice was the Something Awful topic on the game itself. There were actually a lot of pairings that I saw that I would have never considered otherwise, like Stahl/Cherche, Virion/Panne, and my golden standard of Miriel/Lon'qu.

I wouldn't worry too much about some of the prominent pairings on this board fading, and I think the problem that I'm seeing here is that your horizons are too narrow. Sully/Vaike and Tharja/Donny is actually quite common outside of these boards, from what I've seen, as is the notion of Frederick being a great father, and I'm also experimenting with possibly doing a future run with really off-the-wall pairings that still work well in practice.
#17DemiseEndPosted 5/1/2013 10:45:07 PM
I actually have a draft of like... 10 pairings on my cellphone

The only reason I usually rec-ed my usual stuff is because its shorter and I can't exactly copy those from notepad

Also Fred being terrible is basically a joke because during near release, everyone goes "omg -2 spd crap useless pairing. Fred is garbage"
And then Sazuke hyped the thing in Ideal Parent topic(after I goes ignorant mode and goes Fred X Sev is gg, no less)
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#18SazukeEXPosted 5/1/2013 11:02:43 PM(edited)
Was it really me that hyped up Freddy-Bear? I forget... I mean I do remember Frederick!Severa which I still like but his ending with Cordelia is sooooo bad. >.<

I think that I may have helped explain that SPD is useless on support characters on pair ups(Though it's good to have a decent amount if you're going Gale Force switching) and that supporters don't get enough love.

DemiseEnd posted...
The only real significant result of our discussion is like, Sumia, Lissa, Maribelle, and Tharja being the Top 4, 45 speed benchmark, str and mag being useless, and Frederick being an actually amazing father, Henry and Libra allocation, and Henry!Gerome

Maybe I missed a lot but yeah

As for Stahl Cherche, I considered it but, I usually goes with Freddy because Gerome is always a supporter for me

...And Vaike!Kjelle!

Gaius!Nah also emerged eventually.

I still like Henry!Gerome but Frederick!Gerome isn't bad either. Especially if Sumia doesn't marry MU than Henry makes Cynthia into an amazing Dark Flier.

Sumia x MU was also a surprise on how well it works out too. I still can't believe how good Sumia's mods work alongside a magical MU.
---
#19lucariofan23Posted 5/1/2013 11:06:20 PM(edited)
Screw originality.

They're good, one of my files has a similar lineup, and I changed two of them (gave Henry to Sumia and Ricken to Maribelle). Buuuuut I didn't "copy" my pairings, I just used direct advise given to me and came up with them on my own -- turns out they're now attacked for being unoriginal. How sad!

However, these topics ARE annoying since they do largely consist of the same pairings (I'm guilty of posting this kind of stuff when I first started...), but don't not use something because people tell you it's "unoriginal" or "copied". If you want to be original -- awesome. Work it! If not, you nor anybody should care. :P

edit: just realized op hasn't been online since the first message was posted, who am i talking to? lol
---
Name: trev. :}
3DS FC -- 0559-7269-5928