Interested in Rightful King or Aether for Morgan...

#1lucariofan23Posted 5/1/2013 11:50:50 PM
Can anyone give me some advise about this?

I have three ideas in mind, one for MaMU, and two for FeMU.

For MaMU my plan would be...

Sumia x Chrom = Lucina and Cynthia (Aether)
+Str or Skill / -Def Male MU x Lucina = Assassin Morgan (Aether)

For FeMU my plan would be marrying Chrom or...

Chrom x Olivia = Lucina and Inigo (Rightful King)
+whatever / -Def Female MU x Inigo = Morgan (Rightful King)

Is it better to have 4 Rightful King units... or 4 Aether units? Advise is appreciated. The farthest I've gotten with passing these skills around is Chrom x Olivia and Chrom x Sumia. So, if I decide to do a 4th playthrough, I thought I could try and do something around these two skills!
---
Name: trev. :}
3DS FC -- 0559-7269-5928
#2SazukeEXPosted 5/1/2013 11:51:59 PM
Aether isn't very reliable. Lucina and Chrom get away with it as they have Rightful King and can get in Limit Breaker.
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.
#3lucariofan23(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 12:00:14 AM
SazukeEX posted...
Aether isn't very reliable. Lucina and Chrom get away with it as they have Rightful King and can get in Limit Breaker.

Hmm, 66 skill on Assassin Morgan sounds really awesome though... plus it lets me marry one of my favorite units in the game!

However, I like Chrom, Lucina, AND Inigo so choosing is going to be really tough for me. lol
---
3DS FC -- 0559-7269-5928
#4lucariofan23(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 6:48:04 AM
Bump, please? :3
---
3DS FC -- 0559-7269-5928
#5doshpashtaPosted 5/2/2013 6:49:04 AM
Rightful King > Aether, imo, if you have to choose one.
#6TragicToaster2Posted 5/2/2013 6:59:50 AM
I'd put Rightful King over Aether, too, especially if you want to make four power units. You'll get more out of having +10% to all skill activation, than a skill that works best paired with Rightful King to be useful, anyway.

Rightful King is more versatile, too. More situations it could be useful in.
---
"Gertrude is my slave name!" -- Gertrude, The Runaways, Issue 7 Vol. 1
#7TsunamiXXVIIIPosted 5/2/2013 7:46:45 AM(edited)
Yeah, Aether really isn't that useful because of its low activation rate.

On the subject of Rightful King Morgan, what do you think of a Rightful King/Limit Breaker/Vantage/Vengeance/Miracle build? With a +Luck/-Skill build (Vengeance has a high enough activation rate that Limit Breaker still allows it to activate every time, and I'd rather keep Speed from being docked because an enemy that also has Vantage is probably the biggest threat to this--or does Vantage not work that way?) and using a Chrom-fathered Brady to pass down Rightful King rather than Chrom himself, the Luck stat should be...64, I think, which would give Miracle a 74% chance of activating? And that's just based off of base stats. Adding in Pair Up/Support bonuses, I think this build can reach near invincibility. Does this sound right, or am I just delusional here?

Edit: I can't help but laugh here. I looked up the formula for Pair Up bonuses to see how to maximize the Luck bonus, and it turns out that the class with the biggest class-based luck boost is Great Lord--which means that to fully maximize this Morgan's potential, I have to give him an S-level support with his aunt, Lucina. ...Oh, wait, the support-based bonuses only boost up when reaching the C and A levels. Okay, then. Still, with a +4 bonus from the Great Lord class, a +3 being the maximum stat-based boost, and a +2 possible from Support A or higher, that adds another +9. That brings the activation rate up to 83%--easily high enough to be considered reliable, but I've seen Rallies stack, and Rally Luck just so happens to add +8 rather than the +4 that most Rallies add. Two Rally Lucks and a Luck Tonic or Tiki's Tear at the start of the battle and I think I can get his effective Luck over 90, and thus, his Miracle activation rate to 100%.
---
"Everyone has a dick although it may not be physical. You just have to learn to access it within your mind." - blindhobo13
#8MM125Posted 5/2/2013 7:44:54 AM(edited)
It depends on your skill set up. If you only want Rightful King to boost Sol, then I'd recommend Aether. At 66 Skill, Rightful King + Sol gives you a 76% chance, but Aether + Sol gives you a 77% chance to activate one of them, and a 33% chance to do extra Luna damage. On the other hand, Rightful King is very versatile, and if you want more proc skills, you might find it more useful.

Basically, if you want Morgan to abuse Sol, get Aether, if you want to abuse other proc skills, Rightful King is more versatile.
---
Oooh, MM, he be tryin' you, dawg. He be tryin' you. Best mind you biiiiiiiz-ness. ~KMA
*triple z snap* ~AluminumTicket
#9LurkerkillerPosted 5/2/2013 7:55:00 AM
MM125 posted...
It depends on your skill set up. If you only want Rightful King to boost Sol, then I'd recommend Aether. At 66 Skill, Rightful King + Sol gives you a 76% chance, but Aether + Sol gives you a 77% chance to activate one of them, and a 33% chance to do extra Luna damage. On the other hand, Rightful King is very versatile, and if you want more proc skills, you might find it more useful.

Basically, if you want Morgan to abuse Sol, get Aether, if you want to abuse other proc skills, Rightful King is more versatile.

Woah dude, no one think like that!!!! Aether is s*** because proc rate sux. lol scrub, learn to agree with the crowd instead of being smart!!!!
---
LoL NA: Lurkerkiller
SC2 NA: Lurkerkiller.301
#10DemiseEndPosted 5/2/2013 8:00:27 AM
Aether + Luna is a cool set up

My support Cynthia uses them >_>
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it