So why didn't they allow same sex relationships in this game again?

#61finaleusPosted 5/2/2013 7:18:02 AM
If you asked me a week ago I would've said I was fine without it in the game

but I've seen some really great Owain x Brady art/comics (mostly the pg13 kind, surprisingly), and I've begun to ship them.

but I'd still prefer having the option to get male Morgan with a male MU. Female Morgan is just not likeable (appearance-wise and supports), while male morgan is great in both of those
#62PigfartsPosted 5/2/2013 7:22:45 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#63MrAtIasPosted 5/2/2013 7:53:32 AM
ElSilverWind posted...

Mostly, the question is about why after including these fun little tongue and cheek hints at same sex pairings in previous games, would they exclude them in the newest one.

The answer being, it would be too much effort in their game where everyone can make children with every person of opposite gender, to make 1 or 2 characters who can't S rank with the opposite gender. Also people would ask, why not make every character have S supports with EVERYONE then? In that case no one in the cast would be gay, they'd be bisexual at most. Also way too much effort.

And if you think it's because it'd be controversial? Are you kidding? Controversy sells games. Why else do you think it's everywhere? Homosexuality is a hot topic in the west, and including it means more people are probably gonna buy it. Homosexuals to play and praise it, Haters to ridicule and burn it in a stack of books.

But I think Awakening is okay without it. I got a good game, and I won't bother complaining about what could have been.

Baby-making should probably make sense in the FE Universe because of how inheritance works. Having surrogates means your child is going to be gimped. Magic is a cop-out, and it's such a dumb excuse to make a same-sex relationship work. Besides, considering 50% of S supports, they would probably muck it up anyways.

Technically, they do have the little hints at same-sex pairings, most notably SeveraXKjelle in the base game.

I played Harvest Scramble yesterday and besides the FredrickXChrom (sadly debunked in the second conversation) in the opening scene, Vaike suggests that Lon'Qu's aversion to women is because he has no interest in doing the dirty with members of the opposite sex.
---
My real name is Encyclopedia.
#64CyhortI82Posted 5/2/2013 7:55:11 AM
I hate this idea that same sex relationships are somehow not kid friendly. If that's true then so are "normal" relationships. And don't say "it's because of the gay sex!" because straight sex is pretty heavily implied with the whole getting pregnant and having kids thing. The real reason is Nintendo is too scared to have same sex relationships and Japan itself is really weird about the things they're sexually repressed about. You can have all the rape and pedophilia you want, but gays? Nope.
---
TheTygerfire is the love of my life.
I love DLC :) Story>gameplay>>>graphics.
#65RagnarokxvPosted 5/2/2013 7:56:58 AM
Honestly not everything has to adhere to the unrealistic demands of of people preaching anti-bigotry in regards to anything and everything.

Two male characters can't be a couple in this game, get over it.
---
Did I say that, or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me??
#66Rideps1Posted 5/2/2013 8:04:03 AM
CyhortI82 posted...
You can have all the [...] pedophilia you want, but gays? Nope.

Well, it probably helps that Japanese have like.. eternal youth or something.

When your 40 year olds can look 25 naturally, there's probably a few 20 year olds who look 12.
---
If I ever had a kid, I'd want a daughter like Morgan. Y'know, one who tries to lure me into pitfall traps. ~~C_D_M
#67lindaluvPosted 5/2/2013 8:07:20 AM
Ragnarokxv posted...
Honestly not everything has to adhere to the unrealistic demands of of people preaching anti-bigotry in regards to anything and everything.

Two male characters can't be a couple in this game, get over it.

Or ever for that matter, in anything.... 0__0
---
MolaMadara : Punkin (200 - Ranger) - http://i.imgur.com/peZhp.jpg
#68MegaWentEvilPosted 5/2/2013 8:12:00 AM
So why didn't they allow same sex relationships in this game again?

To see how many people ask this question. Next!
#69Sir_SpecterPosted 5/2/2013 8:19:20 AM
CyhortI82 posted...
I hate this idea that same sex relationships are somehow not kid friendly. If that's true then so are "normal" relationships. And don't say "it's because of the gay sex!" because straight sex is pretty heavily implied with the whole getting pregnant and having kids thing. The real reason is Nintendo is too scared to have same sex relationships and Japan itself is really weird about the things they're sexually repressed about. You can have all the rape and pedophilia you want, but gays? Nope.

A thousand times this. Gay sex isn't any less appropriate than straight sex. You know what is really inappropriate though? A child dressed like a whore. I don't care if she's really a dragon or whatever. Still a kid dressed like a prostitute and that was deemed okay.
#70lindaluvPosted 5/2/2013 8:19:54 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]