New to the Fire Emblem series

#1Callahan2Posted 5/2/2013 11:46:08 AM
Can anyone give me some basic tips? I've died a few times already >_<

I'm playing in the medium difficulty, and the option where dead means dead, or something.

Should I always pair people together? I have my Avatar and Chrom paired but it seems Chrom gets no XP in battles.

I had Sully and Virian (?) paired but then I remember'd Virian needs a space or two in order to attack. So maybe that wasn't smart.

Any beginner's tips are appreciated.
#2DarcosPosted 5/2/2013 11:50:32 AM
First, use Y to see the threatened area (area where enemies can attack you) and keep healers/archers/other fragiles out of it.

Pairing up is very beneficial due to increased stats and dual guard/dual attack. If you don't feel your units are strong enough, pair them up.

Yes, only the one in front gets exp when they're paired up, unless the other unit does dual attack. That's why you should switch around who gets to battle and gather exp.

Pairing Virion and Sully can work. Dual attack can trigger no matter what other character has as weapon (bows can dual strike in melee and swords can dual strike in ranged)
---
"Level 80 achievement is to hard for level 79s, nerf it"
The "greatest" whinerquote of all time.
#3Lylat_CruiserPosted 5/2/2013 12:04:31 PM(edited)
Welcome to the World of Fire Emblem where your main goal is to build an army of children that breed together to make more children and a tale of swords eternally retold. Where you are a follower of Lord Ike, hero of the Crimean Liberation, leader of the Griel Mercenaries, and father of Sothe's children...
---
Well we are officially lost...On the great space coaste-SHUT UP RICKY! Just shut up before I punch you right in the stomach!
-THE Official Nah BFF-