Sumia and Miriel's 2nd Summer Scramble Conversation

#11AuraChannelerChPosted 5/3/2013 3:18:11 PM
This conversation was extremely hilarious. When the music suddenly stopped, dear god, I thought Sumia was really going crazy until Miriel woke up from fainting.

Does this mean the entire Awakening plot is a huge hallucination in Miriel's eyes?
#12Czar_YoshiPosted 5/3/2013 3:22:06 PM
Given how many references are already in this game, I wouldn't be surprised, though I haven't seen it for myself.
---
"it's that game that is so great it makes you want to destroy your Toilet." -Throwback2780
See how my mustache moves in the wind!
#13dadkwasherePosted 5/3/2013 3:33:15 PM
I personally loved Chrom and male Robin's support

"Don't worry about me. Go frolic with your weird little friend to your heart's content"

---
Alright, MGS5!!! Ready for some more action, snake?
"Time to do some wetwork...and find political solutions. TASTY."
#14BedsheetGhostPosted 5/3/2013 3:58:55 PM
I think it's left intentionally ambiguous as to whether Sumia was faking or not, or if it was all in Miriel's head.

Definitely one of the top tier Summer Scramble convos.
---
My karma ran over your dogma.
#15MagmarFirePosted 5/3/2013 4:15:51 PM
Turbo_TRex posted...
One thing I noticed that increases the seriousness of the conversation is that the music stops playing partway through, leaving only silence.

It's obviously because they knew people would want to play the "Cornered" theme from Ace Attorney over it. What a glorious cross examination that was...
---
What was that, Morgan? "Kill them all"? GOOD IDEA! *Ignis* AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
#16ZerdarkPosted 5/3/2013 5:25:42 PM
MagmarFire posted...
Turbo_TRex posted...
One thing I noticed that increases the seriousness of the conversation is that the music stops playing partway through, leaving only silence.

It's obviously because they knew people would want to play the "Cornered" theme from Ace Attorney over it. What a glorious cross examination that was...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9XiDUHey78
---
Why do I have one of these anyway?
#17Ari917Posted 5/3/2013 5:33:14 PM
Zerdark posted...
MagmarFire posted...
Turbo_TRex posted...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9XiDUHey78

Lol
---
Official Wyvern Lord of the Awakening Board
#18Sponge7137Posted 5/6/2013 9:05:55 PM
I'm seriously thinking that Miriel didn't hallucinate at all. If you look at a couple of facts here and there regarding Sumia, it seemd she has some kind evil thoughts within her and the game's writing hints at it everywhere (I only played the NA version).

First off she suffers from depression and has very low self esteem, which might create an alternate personnality over time if not treated. Fighting a war and exhaustion from baking pies does not help. Also her conversations with MU implies that she can fake characters from novels, and most of them are grim. She even asks MU at some point if she's insane.

Also the Sumia ghost glitch where she appears out of nowhere in a scene if Chrom marries someone else is rather bizarre, sure it might just be a glitch but nintendo isn't the kind to keep stuff like that for no reason.

As for Myriel, it could be that fright and heat made her lose consciousness and Sumia, who didn't want her to find out, made her forget somehow and told her the friendship part. Maybe Cordelia can't approach Chrom for fear of Sumia, it would make some sense. I might be wrong though.

TLDR: Sumia is insane.
#19HanierPosted 5/6/2013 9:07:46 PM
Sponge7137 posted...
First off she suffers from depression and has very low self esteem, which might create an alternate personnality over time if not treated.

What.
#20Sponge7137Posted 5/6/2013 9:13:06 PM
Hanier posted...
Sponge7137 posted...
First off she suffers from depression and has very low self esteem, which might create an alternate personnality over time if not treated.

What.

It's a form of alternate personality that protects the person such as Noire when she is enraged or scared.