Good DLC/spotpass characters?

#1OnioniumPosted 5/2/2013 2:03:27 PM
Alright, so I've recently gotten back into this and am continuing to raise my powerhouses. I know some of the DLC/spotpass characters have gimmicky skills (like micaiah and shadowgift) and some have otherwise impossible skills (galeforce jaffar).

What characters have you all found yourself enjoying so far? Ephraim and Conquest seems interesting but I don't know any good great knight builds.

I'm currently only using a Nosferatank sage micaiah (dem heals). Any other spotpass/dlc characters that jump out as awesome?
---
You can say "ass" on GameFAQs. Assy ass ass assington.
#2RDS1Posted 5/2/2013 2:06:26 PM
DLC Celica seems pretty fun. Astra + Armsthrift + Rightful King + Aversa's Night/Celica's Gale = Wheeeeeeeeeeeee

I also have a lot of fun with Arvis and Deirdre, but they're not really special.
---
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)
#3HeoandReoPosted 5/2/2013 2:08:50 PM
I mostly just pick a few really random characters I liked from previous FEs and grind them when I'm bored, like Nephenee, Lute and Shanna. And also some random dudes like Valbar and Jamke.

I also have a capped out Norne, because I did one run in Shadow Dragon where I capped out Norne and I figured why not do it again just for laughs.
#4EchoPhoenixPosted 5/2/2013 2:09:57 PM
I used DLC Micaiah a lot for Shadowgift + Mire + Galeforce for one-turn clears on a bunch of maps. I try to use Marth more too just because I like Lodestar.
#5legendriderPosted 5/2/2013 2:17:46 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/65984242

Look through this for characters with unique skills they can't normally get.
Then...pick some, I guess
Note that some characters, even though they don't have special skills, stat out with pretty damn good ones, and already have high ranking weapon classes
---
Don't play to win, play for fun. Love playing games with people, that's why I love Wi-Fi
3DS: 1203-9417-6170, PSN: Trixster196
#6solarisjediPosted 5/2/2013 2:19:15 PM
When I feel like making a gimmick team out of spotpass characters, definitely using Ephraim and Eirika. Ephraim because he gets Rightful King, and Eirika because Sacred Stones was my first FE game, making her my first ever unit by default.

May use Marth from the free dlc, simply because "Lodestar" sounds interesting as a class, and I want to see where it goes.
---
Official Nidoking of the Pokemon Boards
#7KaabisteruPosted 5/2/2013 3:15:49 PM
Jaffar.
---
The Official Starfy Of SSB4 /Komayto Of KIU Boards
3DS FC: 2793-0906-0731 / White 2 FC: 1335 5959 6892
#8ArkyronPosted 5/2/2013 3:17:33 PM
Celica, spotpass Ike, and King Marth are pretty good in my experience.
---
YOU'LL GET NO PASTRIES FROM ME! I BAKE FOR MY FRIENDS!
Pokemon Black Friend Code - 4341 1902 1927
#9legendriderPosted 5/2/2013 3:32:43 PM
Arkyron posted...
Celica, spotpass Ike, and King Marth are pretty good in my experience.

Your sig made me laugh lol

Anyway, aren't both Ike's technically the same, other than one starts with Luna the other with armshrift.
I guess so you don't have to reclass down to a merc...
---
Don't play to win, play for fun. Love playing games with people, that's why I love Wi-Fi
3DS: 1203-9417-6170, PSN: Trixster196
#10Onionium(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 5:10:01 PM
I see. Thanks! I'll probably use DLC Ike just because of the artwork, if I ever get around to beating RR3 :D
---
You can say "ass" on GameFAQs. Assy ass ass assington.