Are you boycotting the Harvest DLC pack cause of this fiasco?

#101Felicia_catladyPosted 5/3/2013 5:39:14 PM
Guys, let me understand: this talk about this so called FIASCO is all because of a girl's butt?!?

Gee!

Let me explain one thing to you guys: censorship STILL happens! People just don't CARE to look at what has been censored. Hell, most games made in japan ARE STILL censored when they are brought to America or Europe!

The thing is: violence, blood and gore and death aren't censored as they where before. But nudity is. Violence is ok, but nudity and profanity isn't. This is weird, but is more of a cultural thing! If you start to moan and boycotting... nothing will change (since there are people who will buy the game anyway), and you will be the one without the game.
---
Marcy.
:3
#102OniIchimaruPosted 5/3/2013 5:50:08 PM
This is such a joke. - . - Poor Tharja.
#103OniIchimaruPosted 5/3/2013 5:51:45 PM(edited)
Just scrolling through the comments makes me laugh to death.
#104OniIchimaruPosted 5/3/2013 5:52:54 PM
None of you even liked Tharja before the image.
#105Reginleif20Posted 5/3/2013 6:02:45 PM
katella posted...
Reginleif20 posted...
Remixdeluxe posted...
I could give a long rant but ill just let it out gradually throughout the topic. Also had I known of the censorship I would of not bought it in the first place (;-_-)

People making a fuss because they can't see some pixelated bikini. This is just so sad

The main issue here is the censorship, not the bikini fanservice. Its insulting that NoA changed the original, intended version of the game. But the minority worried about butts match your comment. Fanboyism is the saddest thing stemmed from video games.

Yeah, "censorship", I hear ya buddy
---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
#106Reginleif20Posted 5/3/2013 6:05:22 PM
katella posted...
LordYggdrasilXX posted...
katella posted...
Reginleif20 posted...
Remixdeluxe posted...
I could give a long rant but ill just let it out gradually throughout the topic. Also had I known of the censorship I would of not bought it in the first place (;-_-)

People making a fuss because they can't see some pixelated bikini. This is just so sad

The main issue here is the censorship, not the bikini fanservice. Its insulting that NoA changed the original, intended version of the game. But the minority worried about butts match your comment. Fanboyism is the saddest thing stemmed from video games.

You must be new. It is a fact that censorship happens whether it is video games, anime, TV shows, movies or whatever.. Deal with it. You'll live longer if you don't worry about the small stuff.

Its not so old in the j(s)rpg industry. I understand the censorship in anime etc because of it being aired on television and america has a lot stricter standards for viewing children due to america's religious origin. Anywho, its one of the reasons why a lot of people watch anime's subbed.

This isn't so common in jrpg games. Take games like persona(except for satan's nipple removal on its 8 bewbs lol) with all of its nudity, bloody dungeons, many sexual comments and stuff. Most jrpg's generally aren't even bad to begin with compared to anime/tv shows. So there isnt a viable comparison between them.

So the morale of the story: religion is the root of all evil.

Nah, stupidity is, like the whiners about this "issue"
---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
#107kaiyouskePosted 5/3/2013 6:08:16 PM
Google_Chrom posted...

A new car with a dent in it is a damaged vehicle that needs repairs in order to improve the overall aesthetics of the entire product, or worse.
A monitor with dead pixels consistently flaws viewing any image on it.
A new game with no shrink wrap implies that it has been opened, thus making it used.

Covering Tharja's butt isn't damaging your product. It's not a dent in the game that ruins the aesthetics of the entire product, it's not a faulty monitor that makes viewing any image in the game difficult or annoying, and it's not a used product being marketed as a new one. Sure, it sucks that we get a bit of a censored image, but if some downgraded fanservice is going to ruin the entire product for you, then you had no reason to get or plan to get the DLC in the first place... unless you're some desperate perv, which I assume you're not.

All your opinion. To me, censored art = damaged product. You obviously don't care for art as much as I do. So according to you let's all go to the beach and cover up girls that are wearing bikini bottoms.

You can counter argue all you want, but censorship is just plan bad.
#108PHEEliNUXPosted 5/3/2013 6:11:18 PM
Rikashi posted...
I wasn't planning on getting it anyway, but I'm not gonna 'boycot' or make a big deal out of something so stupidly trivial.

---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
"Lesser Demon is less than a Demon, But more than an Imp"
#109Ari917Posted 5/3/2013 6:17:42 PM(edited)
kaiyouske posted...
Google_Chrom posted...

A new car with a dent in it is a damaged vehicle that needs repairs in order to improve the overall aesthetics of the entire product, or worse.
A new game with no shrink wrap implies that it has been opened, thus making it used.

Covering Tharja's butt isn't damaging your product. It's not a dent in the game that ruins the aesthetics of the entire product, it's not a faulty monitor that makes viewing any image in the game difficult or annoying, and it's not a used product being marketed as a new one. Sure, it sucks that we get a bit of a censored image, but if some downgraded fanservice is going to ruin the entire product for you, then you had no reason to get or plan to get the DLC in the first place... unless you're some desperate perv, which I assume you're not.

All your opinion. To me, censored art = damaged product. You obviously don't care for art as much as I do. So according to you let's all go to the beach and cover up girls that are wearing bikini bottoms.

It's more like a small scratch on the Convertible, I mean yeah it's there but does that really stop you from looking good driving in it?
---
Official Wyvern Lord of the Awakening Board
#110Reginleif20Posted 5/3/2013 6:20:54 PM
kaiyouske posted...
Google_Chrom posted...

So basically a little piece of cloth that covers a bikini completely destroys the essence of this game
---