Are you boycotting the Harvest DLC pack cause of this fiasco?

#41legendriderPosted 5/3/2013 2:45:31 PM
RDS1 posted...
Honestly, I didn't even know those pictures were in the game at all. I thought they were just side material created to promote the DLC as a result of the popularity poll, or something. <__<

EXACTLY
This woman gets it.

The fanservice aspect of it was due to a popularity poll.
2 Most popular 1st gen males and females would have swimsuit art.
Then they put them in the game.
I thought it was promotional art for the summer DLC.

As i've said multiple times, the fanservice is a little bit on the side, the main point of the DLC is the conversations, character development, and supports (and all those shiny's....want me some shocksticks!)
---
Don't play to win, play for fun. Love playing games with people, that's why I love Wi-Fi
3DS: 1203-9417-6170, PSN: Trixster196
#42Kinneth123Posted 5/3/2013 2:51:17 PM
2/3 of the awesomeness of this game and the series as a whole is the interaction between characters.
---
When your friend's last words to you include "Who else will I eat ice cream with?!" You might want to rethink your friends. ^^;
#43jonnovision1Posted 5/3/2013 2:51:47 PM
well I bought the pack so I can't really boycott it, not that I care anyways.
---
"Reinforcements? I am the Reinforcements."
PKMN Black FC: 0261 9500 8363
#44MJOLNRVIIPosted 5/3/2013 3:07:07 PM
I'm just not buying it as I could just read the conversations on the internet.
---
https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/9/6/aAs3utoGeU-tkzYOYIFfCA2.png
#45Starkindler201Posted 5/3/2013 3:07:53 PM
Technically, is it even censorship if it's not mandated by the government?

The amount of sexual content in a game is based on the amount that the devs think would best appeal to all of their potential purchasers. Maybe they just think that the American/European consumer base doesn't want as much sex in their games as the Japanese consumer base (on average, I mean; obviously there are some people in every market who would prefer games to be XXX-rated and some people who don't want any sexuality at all, and a whole spectrum in between, with developers trying to accommodate as wide a swath of that spectrum as possible).

Frankly, I find the amount of sexual content in the scramble packs to already be the main reason I'm not certain about purchasing them (normally, I'd jump at packs like that because I love the character development).
#46Zechs23Posted 5/3/2013 3:09:57 PM
All that drama over one picture lol.
Of course I'll buy the DLC. I can't get enough of FE.
---
3DS FC: 0619-3034-0578
#47WhiteLensPosted 5/3/2013 3:10:11 PM
Where's the "I already bought the pack before this and still don't care" option?
---
O brilliant blade of coldest steel, rend the infinite darkness and crush my enemies to nothing... SAVAGE WOLF FURY
#48almostexactlyPosted 5/3/2013 3:12:37 PM
Starkindler201 posted...

Frankly, I find the amount of sexual content in the scramble packs to already be the main reason I'm not certain about purchasing them (normally, I'd jump at packs like that because I love the character development).

I'm not sure if I'd say it's the sexual content that's holding me back so much I've only been buying packs that confer some sort of gameplay extra (skills, classes, etc) and I'm waiting for other people to transcribe the conversations. Not that it's the dealbreaker but yeah, the sexual content is kinda off putting. I would've preferred Tharja x Nowi's conversation about hair.
#49LordYggdrasilXXPosted 5/3/2013 3:16:09 PM(edited)
All this fuss just because some horny dorks can't see the ass of a fictional, pixellated woman.
#50Reginleif20Posted 5/3/2013 3:19:32 PM
Remixdeluxe posted...
I could give a long rant but ill just let it out gradually throughout the topic. Also had I known of the censorship I would of not bought it in the first place (;-_-)

People making a fuss because they can't see some pixelated bikini. This is just so sad
---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it