Are you boycotting the Harvest DLC pack cause of this fiasco?

#91SSJ UndertakerPosted 5/3/2013 5:10:58 PM(edited)
I'm not that interested in Awakening's DLC... but I also won't support biased and unnecessary censorship.
---
This is a signature.
#92hhjghbhghnmhPosted 5/3/2013 5:26:52 PM(edited)
I think I can see three possible reasons for why they might've thrown that little cape there:

1. They didn't want to endanger the ESRB rating. Pretty sure someone else said this earlier, but it's definitely possible, if a little paranoid. Granted, that veeeeeery probably wouldn't have gotten them an M rating, but I think they've just been trying to play it safe with those guys. Their ratings tend to be arbitrary and questionable sometimes.

2. Cultural differences. I certainly can't speak for everyone, but pixelated asses don't really get me going that much, especially when they're just sort of thrown in an RPG I'm playing. It's just sort of awkward. Especially if there's anyone else around. I'm not implying anything about Japanese people in general, but fan service is a little more... open in a lot of Japanese stuff. Or at least anime/manga. I guess it's really not that different here, but I think it just comes off as awkward to a lot of people.

3. Maybe...they wanted to make it MORE sexy? I dunno, the cape obscuring almost everything leaves more to the imagination. I think that makes it even more suggestive honestly. So maybe they just wanted us to fantasize about it instead of just seeing it right there. It's possible I guess...maybe.

EDIT: Ehhh, maybe ignore the second one. That one's a little more about how I specifically react to the more blatant fan service.

But yeah, on topic: a piece of cloth covering something I don't even particularly care to see doesn't ruin a game for me. There's bad censorship and then there's whatever censorship. And this one's definitely the latter. It's not an insult to me or any other Americans like some sort of "Haha, you couldn't handle THIS kinda ass!", they probably just wanted to play it safe with other places. What is and isn't socially acceptable show in Japanese media is a whole lot looser than practically everywhere else.
---
Barrel!
#93MwarriorHieiPosted 5/3/2013 5:25:58 PM
Why do people feel boycotting over small trivial things will fix anything its just one picture my god anyone can get the image off the internet.

it has nothing to do with the picture. the issue is that something was censored. whether it was a picture or dialogue does not matter. something was censored that didnt need it. its surprising how many people are not bothered by censorship.

i dont even have this game and im pissed that they censored it.
---
http://i.imgur.com/fvUkkgN.gif
#94kaiyouskePosted 5/3/2013 5:40:40 PM
arvilino posted...

You were going to buy it for a single image?

No, but I don't buy flawed products just as someone wouldn't buy a new car that has a dent, a new monitor that has dead pixels, or a 'new' game that doesn't have its shrink wrap.
#95Skul_Posted 5/3/2013 5:44:00 PM
Already bought it
---
Once again Americans seek to ravage our games as they ravaged Iran. Yesterday Final Fantasy, Today Dark Souls, tommorow Tokyo. ~ Japanese Guy
i5-2500-550TI-8GB
#96arvilinoPosted 5/3/2013 5:46:06 PM(edited)
MwarriorHiei posted...
Why do people feel boycotting over small trivial things will fix anything its just one picture my god anyone can get the image off the internet.

it has nothing to do with the picture. the issue is that something was censored. whether it was a picture or dialogue does not matter. something was censored that didnt need it. its surprising how many people are not bothered by censorship.

i dont even have this game and im pissed that they censored it.

Yeah that tends to be the case quite a fair bit, these sort of things get blown way out of proportion when people who don't even own the game get involved.
#97Google_ChromPosted 5/3/2013 5:56:20 PM
kaiyouske posted...
arvilino posted...

You were going to buy it for a single image?

No, but I don't buy flawed products just as someone wouldn't buy a new car that has a dent, a new monitor that has dead pixels, or a 'new' game that doesn't have its shrink wrap.

A minor covering of a "suggestive" image is not akin to a faulty product.

A new car with a dent in it is a damaged vehicle that needs repairs in order to improve the overall aesthetics of the entire product, or worse.
A monitor with dead pixels consistently flaws viewing any image on it.
A new game with no shrink wrap implies that it has been opened, thus making it used.

Covering Tharja's butt isn't damaging your product. It's not a dent in the game that ruins the aesthetics of the entire product, it's not a faulty monitor that makes viewing any image in the game difficult or annoying, and it's not a used product being marketed as a new one. Sure, it sucks that we get a bit of a censored image, but if some downgraded fanservice is going to ruin the entire product for you, then you had no reason to get or plan to get the DLC in the first place... unless you're some desperate perv, which I assume you're not.
---
Official Husbando of Sumia
#98SpikayaPosted 5/3/2013 6:01:13 PM(edited)
oh mah gawd i cant see a butt in one dlc map dats 4 the convos not some sily pics WORST GAME EVAR 0/10 WHO WANTS MY COPY OF AWA-oh wait i got it digitally **** U NINTY
---
FEA Board - Official Husbando of RNG Goddess Anna :3
There was a point to this story, but it has temporarily escaped the chronicler's mind.
#99ArikidoPosted 5/3/2013 6:07:12 PM
I bought the DLC and don't really care that it's censored...but then again I'm not one of those "Tharja is my waifu" people. I know this isn't the reason for all people, but there are a lot of people obsessing over her.

I'm not saying I can't see why others are upset. I understand people expect the same game as what Japan got, but in the end it's not a tragedy, it's only a minor issue that people have. Just relax and enjoy a good game.
#100The_DeskPosted 5/3/2013 6:26:46 PM
Rikashi posted...
I wasn't planning on getting it anyway, but I'm not gonna 'boycot' or make a big deal out of something so stupidly trivial.