Optiaml Marriages!

#61DemiseEndPosted 5/7/2013 8:52:42 AM
IMO AT because of Aversa + Regalia while quite a lot of children can get away without Galeforce

A good example? Laurent and Severa who has one of their Top Sets(and IMO the set that propelled them into best main unit position) being an AT abusing set up(namely, VV LB AT filler Laurent and PG AT Luna Severa from Fred!Severa)
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#62ToBy8888(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 9:26:05 AM
@HeoandReo
I'm pretty sure you gave the explanation already - I loved it from beginning, it's just... I'm unsure about the supports and the frontliners for my characters. I know it's a waste to support with Noire, because she might as well be my second Morgan. Brady and Owain as supports i've read are a waste - plus mu is still useable. But I can't just make 5 dark fliers with all the remaining characters (usable dark fliers) - it was more of a question not for wedding people but for supports and such endgame. I've wrote what kids I have, classes, and skill so far.

DemiseEnd posted...
Chrom is a better supporter than Lucy

And the skillset are more like this

Lucy/Great Lord- Vantage, Aether, Galeforce, Rightful King, Aegis/Procs
Chrom/Palladin - DS+, DG+, Hit Rate+20, Agressor, Limit Break

Chrom is my supporter! Did I mistype something when I was explaining my units? haha. And alright, i'm liking that skillset way more then what I have on. Also, what does Aegis/procs mean?
---
PSN: TOBEHINSAUCE
GT: TOBY IN SPACE
#63DemiseEndPosted 5/7/2013 9:39:24 AM
Procs is Programmed Random occurence.

Technically it applies to Pavise/Aegis too, but around here Proc Skills are usually associated with the offensive procs ones.

In that particular case, Im reffering stuff like Astra, Luna etc
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#64HeoandReoPosted 5/7/2013 11:30:33 AM(edited)
In terms of supports, what I usually aim for is to have each character viable both as support and as a frontliner, in case I need them to switch off. Basically having the right tool for the right situation sort of thing, or covering for each other in case their health runs dangerously low. Usually my more important pair-ups end up as such:

-Morgan/Noire (magic, Dark Flier/Sorcerer/Sage)
-Cynthia/Laurent (magic, Dark Flier/Sorcerer/Sage)
-Severa/Inigo (physical, Heroes)
-Kjelle/Gerome (physical, Wyvern Lord/Hero/General)
-Nah/Yarne (physical, Berserker/Manakete)

Lucina, Owain and Brady are relatively flexible, and can support with everybody or frontline in a variety of classes. Brady not quite as much. He gets Tomefaire, Anathema and Dual Guard to be a good pair-up buddy, but I also run him as a Mire sniper with Tomefaire and Galeforce or have him use staves from afar, for example.

Of course, for different scenarios, I might switch them up a bit. Like I might run Lucina/Gerome for harder DLCs, with the former as an Assassin and the latter as a General so that I can tank things, but also have good offense with Lucina's Dual Attack+. I might also decide to change Severa into a Sorcerer and have her work with Dark Flier Cynthia instead. As a last resort I could also change Kjelle or Nah into a Dark Flier and have them fill in the spots for Morgan or Noire in case I need even more offense. I can give Laurent Axefaire, Anathema, and Deliverer to be a physical support for Yarne if I really have to. (He's not that great at it, but he does the job.) The system is relatively flexible so if I need to, I can change classes depending on my need.

If you're not comfortable with it, I would advise paradoxically to not take my advice. I prefer going for flexibility and balance because it's something that works for me, and to me, it's what I would consider optimal. What you would do might be something totally different, so you should do what you think would be best rather than just taking my advice at face value. It might be helpful, but I find it's a lot more fun to experiment with pairings.
#65ToBy8888(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 12:53:27 PM
HeoandReo posted...
In terms of supports, what I usually aim for is to have each character viable both as support and as a frontliner, in case I need them to switch off. Basically having the right tool for the right situation sort of thing, or covering for each other in case their health runs dangerously low. Usually my more important pair-ups end up as such:

-Morgan/Noire (magic, Dark Flier/Sorcerer/Sage)
-Cynthia/Laurent (magic, Dark Flier/Sorcerer/Sage)
-Severa/Inigo (physical, Heroes)
-Kjelle/Gerome (physical, Wyvern Lord/Hero/General)
-Nah/Yarne (physical, Berserker/Manakete)

Lucina, Owain and Brady are relatively flexible, and can support with everybody or frontline in a variety of classes. Brady not quite as much. He gets Tomefaire, Anathema and Dual Guard to be a good pair-up buddy, but I also run him as a Mire sniper with Tomefaire and Galeforce or have him use staves from afar, for example.

Of course, for different scenarios, I might switch them up a bit. Like I might run Lucina/Gerome for harder DLCs, with the former as an Assassin and the latter as a General so that I can tank things, but also have good offense with Lucina's Dual Attack+. I might also decide to change Severa into a Sorcerer and have her work with Dark Flier Cynthia instead. As a last resort I could also change Kjelle or Nah into a Dark Flier and have them fill in the spots for Morgan or Noire in case I need even more offense. I can give Laurent Axefaire, Anathema, and Deliverer to be a physical support for Yarne if I really have to. (He's not that great at it, but he does the job.) The system is relatively flexible so if I need to, I can change classes depending on my need.

If you're not comfortable with it, I would advise paradoxically to not take my advice. I prefer going for flexibility and balance because it's something that works for me, and to me, it's what I would consider optimal. What you would do might be something totally different, so you should do what you think would be best rather than just taking my advice at face value. It might be helpful, but I find it's a lot more fun to experiment with pairings.

It's not that I wasn't comfortable with your pairings, out of all the reading i've done and then when I finally cracked and made a topic - I was the MOST comfortable with your pairings. The flexibility is insane. It's just I had no idea how to set my characters up for supports and such. I understand the marriage system, skills, passing things down - to even stats. It's just i'm not familiar with the best supports other then lolsocerers/sages with dark fliers. I was just asking for advice on how to do so. I'm also pretty bad with the skills for supports - I know the attacker has to benefit from the skills of the support class as well. I'm really grateful for all the help, your information has been my favorite so far. I feel like in every comment i've made that clear. haha
---
#66ToBy8888(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 12:55:11 PM
DemiseEnd posted...
Procs is Programmed Random occurence.

Technically it applies to Pavise/Aegis too, but around here Proc Skills are usually associated with the offensive procs ones.

In that particular case, Im reffering stuff like Astra, Luna etc

Ah, I had a feeling it was that - and I agree. I do need an offensive skill. What would be better, Luna/ to ignore defense, or astra? With a brave weapon and the right support aren't I getting in like... 20+ hits? I feel like that would be way more superior then ignoring the defense of an enemy.
---
#67HeoandReoPosted 5/7/2013 3:16:36 PM
Ah, okay. Now I understand. Here's a few combinations that I've done based on the pairings that I have as well as with their specific parents.

Physical
Wyvern Lord/Hero, Berserker or General (Gerome and Kjelle can do the former well. Laurent can do the former acceptably. Gerome, Kjelle, Inigo, Severa and Yarne can do the latter well.)
-The goal of this type of support is basically a 'move-and-plant' sort of strategy. Depending on what your primary class is, you'll want to outfit your characters accordingly. Your Wyvern will want skills like a Faire, Deliverer, and Dual Guard/Dual Support+ and maybe a self-heal for support, (Laurent can run Anathema) while the latter will want to go full-on offense most of the time.

Assassin/General (Inigo, Lucina, Severa and Owain can do the former well. Kjelle, Yarne and Laurent can do the former acceptably. Gerome and Kjelle can do the latter well.)
-My main strategy for tanking in DLC maps. Outfit Gerome/Kjelle with stuff like Pavise/Aegis/Sol or Renewal and stick an Assassin on them to bring them up to speed, literally. With rallies and tonics, they reach just enough speed to avoid getting doubled. Sol and Renewal is really more up to preference than anything, since some people prefer one or the other, though I personally like to have the option for both to use in different situations.

Magical
Dark Flier/Sorcerer or Sage (Noire, Morgan, Cynthia, and Severa can do the former well. Nah, Kjelle and Lucina can do the former acceptably. Noire, Morgan, Severa, Laurent and Owain can do the latter well.)
-Standard broken magical pair-up combined with the earlier 'move-and-plant' strategy. Galeforce is a Dark Flier skill, making positioning easier. Magic characters get 8 magic and speed from Dark Fliers, and most of the potential Dark Fliers can be outfitted with certain skills (Morgan and Noire with Solidarity) while again, the Sorcerers and Sages get skills like Tomefaire or Luna to act as frontliners.
#68SazukeEXPosted 5/7/2013 3:20:58 PM
Brady and Owain aren't wasted as supports in pair ups. >_> Where'd you hear that? Brady can even pull off Gale Force + Luna support(Owain will need a father to fill in Luna... Like Ricken), Gerome and Yarne are amazing Supporters but they WISH they were Brady broken.
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.