I just met Lucina, this game is amaaaazing! *spoilers*

#1KiddDaBeautyPosted 5/4/2013 3:05:29 AM
So I've only played one Fire Emblem game before, The Burning Blade for GBA. But I really liked it and wanted a 3DS so I picked up this bundle.

And I just beat the Mad King Gangrel, got my character married to Chrom (the game did a somewhat lackluster description of the wedding, but hey, the dialogue where Chrom and my Avatar reached an S-rank relationship made up for the marriage's brevity) and... dun-dun-duuuuun, we got a child.

A child? A child! My character has been preggers, given birth, and now we're off to kick arse while looking after our baby. I've never seen this in a game before. Never have I had a little toddler around.

Suddenly things feel so much more serious. I mean, of course I haven't put Chrom and the Avatar in harm's way on purpose and stuff. If they die, I have to restart the game. But now things feel even more intense. These two are parents now!

The immersion is through the roof. I just had to vent this somewhere before opening the 3DS lid. Virion, my trusted archer who is soon to be my third character who hits level 20 (I swear he is soooo broken =D tanks like a house and stings like a bee) just came in and seems to be bringing important news, and I need to see what's going on.

Anyone else got this feeling in the game?
---
Everything that blooms will one day wither - Orochimaru
My dreams are of the past, and they'll remain so forever - Sasuke
#2jimmyjones69Posted 5/4/2013 3:20:49 AM
I think I'm up to my 5th playthrough. This game really is amazing. Sure it has it's flaws but I can do so much in this one Fire Emblem game then I could in any other. I'm now making a final post-game army which is taking a lot longer then I thought. Regardless I'm still enjoying it. Good-luck with the rest of your playthrough.
---
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 4900-1573-3223
#3MetaFalconPunchPosted 5/4/2013 5:21:39 AM
I'm glad there's still some love for this game amidst all the hatred :}
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead.
#4RoseOfOrlaisPosted 5/4/2013 6:05:44 AM
Glad you enjoy it! I also picked up the 3DS bundle and haven't been able to stop playing. Currently on my second playthrough. I love this game to death and the emotions I've felt while playing... amazing!

Btw... your name... I wonder if you are the very same person I speak to on BSN. I'm Svanhildr there so if you are the very same... hey mate :D Can't believe we actually enjoy the very same things, you are like the long lost sister I've always wanted, hehe~
---
Gaius and Henry are awesome *3*
#59TalePosted 5/4/2013 6:19:09 AM
I imagine Lucina would kick some major ass one day with those kinda of parents
---
100th Empress Nana? Siscon Ending o/ @}-,'-,-
There is someone I love...Chuck Norris...its the beard...and his ability to kill two stones with one bird. ~Beth
#6Mudkip_in_SpacePosted 5/4/2013 6:31:48 AM
I love this game too. 3rd favorite FE.
---
Any suggestions for a husband for Maribelle?
Why are Kairi's early game fetch quests so tedious?
#7KiddDaBeauty(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2013 6:48:53 AM
MetaFalconPunch posted...
I'm glad there's still some love for this game amidst all the hatred :}

All games get tons of flak nowadays. It's just how internet culture has advanced. Imho you really shouldn't look too much into it, even though it freaking sucks that the hate is everywhere. But it's not something that should really be taken at face value, I think.

RoseOfOrlais posted...
Glad you enjoy it! I also picked up the 3DS bundle and haven't been able to stop playing. Currently on my second playthrough. I love this game to death and the emotions I've felt while playing... amazing!

Btw... your name... I wonder if you are the very same person I speak to on BSN. I'm Svanhildr there so if you are the very same... hey mate :D Can't believe we actually enjoy the very same things, you are like the long lost sister I've always wanted, hehe~

Svanhildr! Oh my, that's so awesome! You picked up the same 3DS bundle, too? =D Heh heh, you're so dedicated though. You seem to be ahead of me in pretty much all the games we play =)

You know, we really need to hang out for real some time ^^
---
Everything that blooms will one day wither - Orochimaru
My dreams are of the past, and they'll remain so forever - Sasuke
#8Strawberry_EggsPosted 5/4/2013 9:10:57 AM
Well, they aren't actually taking baby Lucina with them on the campaign. She's being looked after back at the castle.

I completely understand what you mean, though. :) While not the only game that has marriages and having children, it's not common and I find that it really endears and makes me more attached to the characters.

For its faults, it's still an excellent game. Glad you're enjoying it!
---
My 25 Most Favorite Games - http://www.unikgamer.com/members/strawberryeggs-786.html
Official Nah of the Fire Emblem: Awakening board.
#9SazukeEXPosted 5/4/2013 9:15:14 AM
Chrom x FeMU is good and has more altered scenes than MU x Lucina.

It also makes a lot of the things Chrom says to you later more meaningful as you're his waifu.
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.
#10RoseOfOrlaisPosted 5/4/2013 10:53:04 AM

Svanhildr! Oh my, that's so awesome! You picked up the same 3DS bundle, too? =D Heh heh, you're so dedicated though. You seem to be ahead of me in pretty much all the games we play =)

You know, we really need to hang out for real some time ^^

Haha, I totally agree :) I'm glad you're the very same person! Sometimes it feels like a small world, eh? Indeed, I've been pining for this game for so long so it was only natural that I preordered the FEA 3DS bundle, no regrets! Man, I'm so obsessed that I've not slept that much these days, that typically happens with games I love :) Burn through them over and over again until I get tired enough to take a break. I must have your friend code!

I would so love to and I hope you know that! Better work hard on myself, you know what I mean :D One day...!!
---
Gaius and Henry are awesome *3*