story wise who else wished..(spoilers duh)

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. story wise who else wished..(spoilers duh)
2 years ago#1
It wasn't so friggin obivous that the war with the empire was just one big filler?
2 years ago#2
Yeah. It's like they finished writing the story and realized that "Crap! There's only room for 15 levels in here. Quick, we gotta throw something together and wedge it in the middle somewhere!"
---
"Not all who wander are lost."
http://whitetigershiro.blogspot.com/
2 years ago#3
there were little hints and nudges that it actually had more importance (excellus seemingly plotting for the Emblem, and the reveal that Walhart was ultimately trying to stop Grima). But yeah, it was pretty much filler.
It could have been better, if it actually tied together the idea of stopping Grima into the Valm conquest more, or even given Walhart an orb that you needed to complete the Emblem.

so yeah, as it stands, filler, as unfortunate as that is :/
2 years ago#4
Well they got to fill it with something or this will end up being a very short game.
---
"I will speak my mind and say what I want and if you don't like it, well too bad!" "And my Pikachu pillow says hi"
2 years ago#5
You forgot how it produced the most unthreatening villain and one of the dumbest villain in the series
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
2 years ago#6
Than how do you wish these filled up this section of this game? Like I said, they have to fill that part with something or the game would be really short!
---
"I will speak my mind and say what I want and if you don't like it, well too bad!" "And my Pikachu pillow says hi"
2 years ago#7
While it was filler, I do wish that they foreshadowed Walhart a lot more in the early game. Hell, even make it seem like the Grimleal won't be dealth with at all until the next game, until the big red lobster gets knocked off his horse, and we see there's still another chapter.

That's one of the problems with the plot of this game. On paper, it looks good, but it's executed fairly poorly.
2 years ago#8
It made it feel like a real world everything you do one place isn't always gonna have anything you do with the next....
2 years ago#9
" or even given Walhart an orb that you needed to complete the Emblem. "

He had taken Vert from Chon'sin, so he -did- have one.
---
Kissed-by-fire Emblem: You know nothing, Prince Chrom.
2 years ago#10
Summonearth posted...
Than how do you wish these filled up this section of this game? Like I said, they have to fill that part with something or the game would be really short!

You make it sound like having an coherent story featuring multiply enemies without making one of them feel like a Filler is unheard of.

Hell, even Fire Emblem itself has done it better in the past
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. story wise who else wished..(spoilers duh)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived