Only played Sacred Stones; can someone show an example of good FE level design?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Only played Sacred Stones; can someone show an example of good FE level design?

User Info: Enfusionist

Enfusionist
3 years ago#1
I never played any other Fire Emblem besides Sacred Stones, so I am not aware of the better map designs that put Awakening's maps to shame.

Rather than sift through every past game and all their maps, can someone give a few examples of really good map designs?

User Info: MetaFalconPunch

MetaFalconPunch
3 years ago#2
Honestly, I don't know what makes a "good" map.

Cause TBH, I hated a lot of FE7s maps (take that).
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead.

User Info: arvilino

arvilino
3 years ago#3
Enfusionist posted...
I never played any other Fire Emblem besides Sacred Stones, so I am not aware of the better map designs that put Awakening's maps to shame.

Rather than sift through every past game and all their maps, can someone give a few examples of really good map designs?

It's sort of a combination of difficulties, enemy strength and design. In my opinion the best map designs(if you include the saves spots) can be seen in Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem on Lunatic mode, though excluding chapters 3 and 12.

User Info: jimmyzeke13

jimmyzeke13
3 years ago#4
I think Radiant Dawn had the best maps.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbYYJF0c4VA

User Info: peter_888

peter_888
3 years ago#5
I think FE 10 3-13 or the the last stage of part 2 was the best defense maps that I've played.
I'm a gamer dang it, not a pc gamer or a console gamer, just a gamer.

User Info: Wandering__Hero

Wandering__Hero
3 years ago#6
I'd like to say again, I actually think the maps in FE4 are worse than any other game I've played.

I have never seen such padded, badly thought out, boring maps in my life, and if it didn't have that japense online/snes nostaglia/hipster thing around it, I imagine people would tear it asunder.
Click the sites these contain to donate to charity for free http://www.thenonprofits.com/
Official Generic Village Girl of the FE13 board

User Info: Kitoari

Kitoari
3 years ago#7
Thracia in the sense of it being evil. A little unfair, but way more interesting than FE13.
http://ofsteelandsteam.sandwich.net/fe5/FE5_whatisthis.png

FE8 did it decently, I'd say. Not everything is a giant open field. Both of the tellius games had interesting maps with a pretty wide variety of objectives. Hell, as much as I hate RD, I loved maps like 3-13.

FE12 was god tier at everything.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Only played Sacred Stones; can someone show an example of good FE level design?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived