Is this Fire Emblem really the best of the bunch?

#31WestbrickVIIPosted 5/5/2013 1:02:48 AM
SazukeEX posted...
You can't even be taken seriously as you're just trying to be the next Westie when you're just an imitation.

Go ask azn.

The game was grand and is the most poilshed and enjoyable FE game to date. It is also the most talked about FE game with nearly everyone agreeing that it's simply a must buy on the 3DS as it's that good.

These aren't arguments. They're empty assertions.
#32arvilinoPosted 5/5/2013 1:56:59 AM
Yeah it's easily the most impressive Fire Emblem, new mechanics, support building actually works well with mechanics of the game rather than being at odds with them, Characters and Classes are diverse, most content counting main chapters and side stories, most re-playability, greatest accessibility due to the addition of casual mode and western release, free add-on content, available DLC,

unique class models, sprites, map tiles and improved danger radius tool from the previous entries.

So much of the content was just made for the game from scratch but it outstrips those games that actually were reusing so many of the assets of the previous ones and Awakening still has far fewer bugs than those games. Polished is a good descriptor.
#33Lil_PuddinPosted 5/5/2013 2:14:55 AM
anondum posted...
I have played all the handhelds and I would say not for me, I don't like the stat inflation and non linearity detracts from the gameplay.

I actually agree with this. I would have preferred it if we got to choose from two paths like in Sacred Stones, but could not go backwards. All this created was a crazy breeding and grinding metagame to make units that are ridiculously powerful. It's like Pokemon all over again for me. . . Which in a way is fun, but in another its not.
---
I juss dun understayand.
#34Col_MobiusPosted 5/5/2013 3:05:11 AM
Yeah, the best Fire Emblem by a mile. This is a series that is a little overpraised by a small set of fans. Nothing wrong with that, but most Fire Emblem games are kind of clunky, slow, drawn-out affairs. This one is much faster, and it's beautiful to boot. The replay value is also through the roof. If I have any complaints, I'd say the story is weak, even for a Fire Emblem game (they all have atrociously dumb stories; this one has three atrociously dumb stories welded together).

Now, all that said, has Westbrick really returned? Ugggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggh
---
3DS FC: 0533-4140-9968
#35EnfusionistPosted 5/5/2013 3:24:30 AM
Is there anyone who played Awakening as their first Fire Emblem, then tried to play the older games that others claim is better?

It would be nice to see their opinions as well since it would act as a balance for the nostalgic/pre-conditioned views of older Fire Emblem veterans. Not to say that either of their opinions are any more true than others, but it would offer a different view on the matter.

I would imagine it to be a little similar to how many believe the older Pokemon games were better in terms of gameplay and entertainment, though I'd say that Black/White has outdone older games even if it others say that it has a weak story plot and unoriginal pokemon designs.
#36JollyBudaPosted 5/5/2013 3:28:43 AM
crimsonclaw111 posted...
Yeaaaaa, looks like I'm gonna have to stick to this one, cus imports + old niche titles don't mean friendly prices.

Emulators, yo.

That said, this game is the best if you like fantasizing over anime girls and poorly balanced gameplay. If you like games that are legitimately challenging, stay away.

I wouldn't need a new game if I was just going to emulate. I'm looking for an SRPG on the go in place of Advance Wars.

I actually recommend Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars. It's a hell of alot better than I thought it would be, certainly tided me over till FE, and since it was a launch title it should be fairly cheap by now.
---
PSN: MrMonochrome
UMvC3: Hulk / Vergil / Spencer, SSFIV:AE: Dudley
#37WestbrickVIIPosted 5/5/2013 3:34:57 AM
Col_Mobius posted...
even for a Fire Emblem game (they all have atrociously dumb stories

I don't know how you can say that; FE5, 6, 7, and 9's storylines are not "atrociously dumb."

Now, all that said, has Westbrick really returned?

Just for a few weeks to pass the time before my new job gets started.
#38fatelordPosted 5/5/2013 3:50:04 AM
Amazing game .. but honestly FE7 is still the best experience for me ( for balance reasons ) .. this perhaps comes after 7 and the radiant combo ..
---
Morality, like art, means drawing a line someplace.....Oscar Wilde
#39TheJester2Posted 5/5/2013 4:21:16 AM
Luminozero posted...
I always laugh at these topics, because it is always the people who have thrown countless hours into the game that come out to rag on it.

Did you spend twenty, fifty, seventy, a hundred hours playing a game you hated? It's Westbrick syndrome, you play a game until you hate it.

Who's ragging on it?

The question is, is this the BEST?

I myself have logged in hundreds of hours on each of the FE's that made it to America. Just because I don't think this one was the best doesn't mean I think it's horrible. I just don't think it was THE BEST. 7 is still the best imo. Best mix of characters, story, and challenge.

Also, 8 had a postgame (the tower).

You "hater haters" need to get over yourselves.
---
"We were going to a funeral, but it looks like we got buried." -J.R. Smith
PSN: Whsguy
#40GoldenPower89Posted 5/5/2013 4:31:31 AM
It's one of the best, but I liked Sacred Stones more.
---
"I used to be an adventurer like you, but I took an arrow to the knee." - Whiterun Guard