Doesn't Lucina remind you of.. (spoiler)

#1FrolinPosted 5/5/2013 12:40:54 AM
Facts about Lucina:
- Anime character
- came back from an apocalyptic future
- managed to go back in time because some woman helped her
- tried to hide her identity
- warned the people in the past of the impending doom
- told the people in the past one of the main characters will die and tried to save him
- is the child of one of the main characters who happens to be a prince
- inherited the eyes of the father
- is very skilled in using her special sword
- helped the people kill the bad guy in the past
- managed to get rid of the bad guy in her future too
- wants to go back to her future now that the job is done

Now tell me they didn't just change the gender and plagiarized the whole thing from DBZ.
#2perfectchaos83Posted 5/5/2013 12:44:23 AM
first and foremost, Lucina is not an anime character.

2nd DBZ didn't create the time traveller hero thing...
---
Mia FTW!!!
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/5674/miad.jpg
#3Lil_PuddinPosted 5/5/2013 12:45:10 AM
Nope.avi
---
I juss dun understayand.
#4Rockman47Posted 5/5/2013 12:59:51 AM
First off, she didn't die like Trunks did. Second, DBZ wasn't the first instance of character-from-terrible-future-goes-to-the-past-to-fix-things occurs, its just the most memorable. Lastly, She doesn't ditch the sword permanently like Trunks did (You can, but why would you do that?)
---
People always find a way to hate each other. Like something old, nostalgia whore. Like something new, tool. Hate the new thing, hipster. The Hate Cycle.
#5Frolin(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 1:17:11 AM
I don't know about your playthrough but my Lucina also died at least once and got "resurrected" again by a higher entity (me) :D

I never said DBZ was the first to send someone back from the future with a purpose. But if this supposed to be a common occurrence, tell me an example of another time-traveller which shares SO many similarities to Lucina as Trunks does.

And as what would you describe the visual characteristics of the characters of Fire Emblem if not anime? Realistic? Western? Nah, anime characters can have normal eyes as well afaik.
#6EchoPhoenixPosted 5/5/2013 1:18:38 AM
I thought of Trunks too, but only because Lucina's a time-traveller with a sword, and because her voice actor was the voice of Kid Trunks.
#7lambchipsPosted 5/5/2013 1:21:16 AM
madoka
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#8banjo kazooiePosted 5/5/2013 1:34:20 AM
Frolin posted...
tell me an example of another time-traveller which shares SO many similarities to Lucina as Trunks does.

Kyle Reese.
---
*(int *)nullptr = 0;
http://me.veekun.com/blog/2012/04/09/php-a-fractal-of-bad-design/
#9perfectchaos83Posted 5/5/2013 1:37:54 AM
I never said DBZ was the first to send someone back from the future with a purpose. But if this supposed to be a common occurrence, tell me an example of another time-traveller which shares SO many similarities to Lucina as Trunks does.

The similarities are only there due to minor nitpicks.

managed to go back in time because some woman helped her

Vague as all hell.

tried to hide her identity

She's from the future, who wouldn't

is very skilled in using her special sword

Trunks' sword is not special IIRC, just a normal ordinary sword.

managed to get rid of the bad guy in her future too

Cept that was just Grima's stupidity. He disappeared from the future timeline at the same time as Lucina did.
---
Mia FTW!!!
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/5674/miad.jpg
#10Rockman47Posted 5/5/2013 1:46:48 AM
The first point is countered by the fact she actually doesn't die, just injured for the rest of the game and PENM. For your second point, I will present the oddest example of the trope, Denam Pavel/Morne from Tactics Orge: Let Us Cling Together. While he is from an JSPG, I wouldn't call the artstyle anime, he does do time travel through WORLD (symbolised by the Wheel of Fortune which has a woman on top of the wheel), to save his hero, Lancelot, from becoming a vegetable and his hometown from the Black Knights (antagoinist group) and many other things. After that he can easily return back. His signature weapon is a sword and can achieve to do some stuff that can make Grima envious. While not directly prince, he is technically a fallen noble and in the Bad Ending(s), he is king.
---
People always find a way to hate each other. Like something old, nostalgia whore. Like something new, tool. Hate the new thing, hipster. The Hate Cycle.