I have a few questions

#1PhoenixFire99Posted 5/5/2013 7:08:00 AM(edited)
It has taken me a while to get into this game. I'm not entirely hell bent on the story but the game-play is amazing and the more I play it the more I enjoy it. However I need some help in becoming a better player and have a few questions.

1. Are there any general tips that new players should be aware of that would make things easier? I was told about the pairing system and it really does work to your advantage if used correctly, and I also discovered that if you press the L button you can cycle through units. Just general tips like those would be very helpful.

2. Anna is my favorite character thus far but I also really like Luna. However, she didn't seem to transform into a dragon in the previous two battles. Am I missing something here, like does she only transform during certain battles or does she need to be equipped with something for her to become the dragon form? She just kinda stands there and does nothing now.

3. I am playing on Normal / Casual and seem to die a lot. Is this game hard or do you just have to get used to it so you don't suck? I typically find that I lose a few of my units during a battle but the stronger units (Sully, Chrom and Anna) never seem to be in any real trouble ever. Is this normal?

4. When I'm in a shop and go to buy something I noticed there are a few numbers next to the items / weapons. I think the numbers look something like this: 30/30 x 3 or 1 30/30 x 3. I'm guessing on the weapons it's durability? But what of the items?

That's all for now. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: And yes, this is my first Fire Emblem game (if it wasn't already obvious).
---
When the moon was blue the sea was made of lemonade and my boat was a raspberry bun.
#2Wandering__HeroPosted 5/5/2013 7:13:41 AM
I'm not entirely hell bent on the story but the game-play is amazing

Thats Fire Emblem for you.

1) Let the enemy come to you, and generally you should bait them towards you rather than rush at them. Pair up is an immensly useful feature, and Frederick or Kellum can turn a unit into a TANK, which goes really well with Avatar or Chrom.

2) Luna? Theirs no one named that. Do you mean Nowi? She transforms into a dragon when she attacks is attacked, via her dragonstone. Like other FE weapons, Dragonstones have to be equipped, have a limited number of uses and can break, so if it runs out you have to wait for another one. Or use a second seal to change her class (though she can only use a dragon stone as a manukete)

3) Its pretty easy on normal once you understand the game and the flow of battle. And yeah some units are tough and better than others, though try to give exp to others and be careful a unit doesnt bite off more than they can chew. Don't worry its fairly normal for someone new to the series to have experiences like yours.
---
Click the sites these contain to donate to charity for free http://www.thenonprofits.com/
Official Generic Village Girl of the FE13 board
#3PhoenixFire99(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 7:19:39 AM
Luna? Theirs no one named that. Do you mean Nowi?

Oh yes that's her. Thanks for pointing that out to me. I Googled "Dragon Ability Fire Emblem Awakening" and it came up with Luna and thought that was her. Should have scrolled down further it actually says Nowi in the bottom link. Hehe

And thank you for the tips.
---
When the moon was blue the sea was made of lemonade and my boat was a raspberry bun.
#4WestbrickVIIPosted 5/5/2013 7:25:39 AM
Press X to see the total enemy attack range, and make sure to keep vulnerable units like healers and dancers outside of that range. Simple tip, but it'll help immensely.
#5bearclaw13Posted 5/5/2013 7:29:40 AM
WestbrickVII posted...
Press X to see the total enemy attack range, and make sure to keep vulnerable units like healers and dancers outside of that range. Simple tip, but it'll help immensely.

I prefer having Cleric Lissa and Dancer OlivIA TANK ON nORMAL MODE.

STUPID CAPS LOCK.
---
What are you looking at?
#6PhoenixFire99(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 7:31:43 AM
WestbrickVII posted...

Oh wow that's cool. Thanks! :D
---
#7PhoenixFire99(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 1:07:45 AM
bump
---
#8sonofkorolPosted 5/6/2013 1:12:35 AM
Nowi is OP. Just FYI.
---
>X< Leader of The Dream Team >X<
"A game moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and teabag once in a while, you could miss it."
#9PhoenixFire99(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 1:39:23 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10PhoenixFire99(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 1:40:41 AM
sonofkorol posted...
Nowi is OP. Just FYI.

So are a few other characters. But that's not what this topic is about.
---