Popularity of this game

#1vagamesPosted 5/5/2013 7:15:04 AM
I must admit that I'm very surprised at the popularity of this game. Since its release, at least State-side, it's maintained a regular spot on the homepage's top ten, and topics from this board are always featured on the front page. This, almost three months since its release.

I don't believe the game is perfect, and it's not my all-time favorite Fire Emblem, but I do think it's fantastic and I'm well over 200 hours of game time (I haven't checked totals recently), and I expect hundreds more in the coming months.

This isn't really a discussion, necessarily, I just wanted to point out that this game is doing well. I'm happy to see it, since I don't believe Fire Emblem gets the attention it deserves. Also, it's nice to see a Nintendo game getting attention on par with other triple A titles.

Good job, Intelligent Systems. Please hire me.
---
3DS: 1461-65262579
http://www.youtube.com/vanimusgames
#2MetaFalconPunchPosted 5/5/2013 7:35:06 AM
I'm more surprised at the UNpopularity of this game, according to most of the board.
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead.
#3Strawberry_EggsPosted 5/5/2013 7:37:31 AM
The "unpopularity" is due to Hype Backlash, as well some people getting annoyed at other people harping this game as the best in the series.

I, for one, am glad of this game's popularity. Flaws or not, i think it's well deserved and bring some much needed attention to the series.
---
My 25 Most Favorite Games - http://www.unikgamer.com/members/strawberryeggs-786.html
Official Nah of the Fire Emblem: Awakening board.
#4vagames(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 12:19:38 PM
MetaFalconPunch posted...
I'm more surprised at the UNpopularity of this game, according to most of the board.

No, this game is undoubtedly popular. It wouldn't be getting such continued praise and attention if it weren't.
---
3DS: 1461-65262579
http://www.youtube.com/vanimusgames
#5Ari917Posted 5/5/2013 12:21:25 PM

What "unpopularity?" As mentioned before there's backlash but that's hardly enough to undo its strong following.
---
Official Wyvern Lord of the Awakening Board
#6WestbrickVIIPosted 5/5/2013 12:22:16 PM

What are you even talking about?
#7dadkwasherePosted 5/5/2013 12:25:18 PM

Er...there was a topic about how this game is rated amongst the board, a majority put it in their top ten.

Also Westbruck^
---
Alright, MGS5!!! Ready for some more action, snake?
"Time to do some wetwork...and find political solutions. TASTY."
#8Devil_Killer_JCPosted 5/5/2013 12:30:35 PM
Strawberry_Eggs posted...
I, for one, am glad of this game's popularity. Flaws or not, i think it's well deserved and bring some much needed attention to the series.

I agree. I seriously doubt there will be another Japan only FE game after Awakening. This game is just far too popular outside of Japan for Nintendo not to see loads of cash in localizing the FE games.
---
PSN: Devil_Killer_JCS
biohazardmercenaries.com
#9MetaFalconPunchPosted 5/5/2013 12:36:33 PM
Ari917 posted...

What "unpopularity?" As mentioned before there's backlash but that's hardly enough to undo its strong following.

The backlash is what I mean. That's all, but it makes it seem like the outspoken majority of this board dislikes the game.
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead.
#10SpikayaPosted 5/5/2013 12:36:42 PM
WestbrickVII posted...

What are you even talking about?

Eh?

EH?!?!
---
Making out with desks FTW.
Ohh, great, great, attack of the supermodels. - The Doctor